WWE Signs Another Top Indy Talent

diamond_dust

• Paid Members
I'm not sure he's a logical next pick if Mistico didn't work but then he already wrestles in America so maybe he is.

Speaking English is a massive advantage though. It's been impossible for Sin Cara's character to develop when he just isn't comfortable doing promos in English and he can't even tell a story through his facial expressions. He's a mime artist and that just doesn't work in the character-driven environment of WWE TV. Maybe they have finally given up on him and are looking to someone new in their continued search for a long-term replacement for Rey.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, I get that, and while I admit to not actually having heard Del Sol cut a promo I can't imagine him being very good at it. That's terribly unfair but meh. I'm also not sure that he's going to be any better at telling a story in the WWE ring than Mistico is. Mistico was a huge star in Mexico, partly because he garnered sympathy (except when being a dickhead rudo bastard). Octagon Jr. hasn't even had that experiance. Having said that they presumably won't feel the need to rush him on the shows and will actually give him time to develop. He's also probably less likely to be an arrogant cock behind the scenes. Although searching in AAA rather than CMLL might make more sense I suppose.

To be fair they've probably found him by searching places like EVOLVE & DGUSA rather than AAA. Especially if the rumours about them wanting Generico are true. A chunk of Del Sols work there has been either teaming with or going against Generico.

What? WWE are supposedly interested in signing El Generico? Surely not, he's got a dreadful look. Skinny , pale, and ginger!

In the thread for Southside's Speed King event, for which Del Sol is booked, the promoter has said he has confirmed with Del Sol that he is still coming.

I don't want to call him a liar, I believe he's spoken to him and I believe Del Sol told him he's still coming, but if Del Sol has started shitting it for his job already because its leaked out a lot more than he expected and he's now on the defensive on Facebook, you have to believe if he cancels bookings people will put 2 and 2 together and add to the rumours. I wouldn't be suprised if nearer the time when some of this has blown over he pulled out.

• Paid Members
I see there are some people claiming that the WWE contract photo is old. It's from when he had a tryout a few years ago.

Samuray himself is denying it on his official Twitter, but that's pretty much standard procedure for guys that have just signed contracts with WWE.

I see there are some people claiming that the WWE contract photo is old. It's from when he had a tryout a few years ago.

Create Date 2013:01:05 20:10:30+01:00

1 day, 2 hours, 3 minutes, 6 seconds ago

Modify Date 2013:01:05 20:14:28+01:00

1 day, 1 hour, 59 minutes, 8 seconds ago

Well the exif data says otherwise.

• Paid Members

Samuray del Sol and Kazuchika Okada both seem decent fits for WWE, to me.

Del Sol is much like Pac/Adrian Neville: spectacular flyer, impressive physique, and not just your typical Johnny Kickpadz skinny indie spot-jockey. A bit of polish and I could see him slotting right into a WWE/TV style and enjoying a decent run, especially if they decide to keep him under a hood to make him stand out from the pack as the new masked

From the half dozen or so times I've saw him, he looks absolutely tiny, smaller than Sin Cara even, and obviously nowhere near as bloated as Rey. He looks a fun flyer, but he's barely any bigger than some of the guys who work the mini's divisions in Mexico.

I hope he doesn't go as he's entertaining more for his innovation and crazy gymnastics, and he wouldn't be able to do much of it in a WWE environment.

• Paid Members

I suspected "Okada to WWE" to be bollocks, and it looks like it is. One of the locals "in the know" has told the guy that runs Strong Style Spirit that he's staying, but moreover they've announced the cards for the February tour which of course is beyond the 31/01 date when the contracts get renewed, and Okada is on them all. I'm guessing they wouldn't advertise him if they weren't sure he'd said no to WWE, if indeed a deal was ever offered. Would have been a stupid move for him anyway. Expensive relocation and transformation into another Yoshi Tatsu comedy character or salt-throwing stereotype like Kenzo Suzuki, working more days per year for (I imagine) less money than he'll earn as one of New Japan's top 3 stars.

Archived