Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I really enjoyed Austins two shows with christopher Daniels, Austin really talks to everyone on their level, Daniels is after an autograph, yet Austin never talks down to him in any way. Easily my favourite podcast of those going is Austins.

• Paid Members

Christopher Daniels is shockingly great. One of those rare times where you come away thinking he'd actually be really good on the creative end of wrestling. He seems to have his head firmly screwed on. Both parts are great value. Austin and Daniels are so into their conversation its awesome just sitting back and listening to it. Especially when you compare it to the Russo interview done in the same week. That was like pulling teeth. Austin was on auto pilot just shooting the shit with a fellow wrestler with Daniels. He's a really likable guy.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Hardly surprising when the other three are JR, Jericho and Austin. Given his standing in the industry Bryce Remsburg sounds about right.

True. But it was a lot different when he was the only podcast in town! He even had Austin!

I got about fifteen minutes into the Russo one, and the fucker starts every sentence with a cliche like "I gotta be honest, Steve" -- he's like a caricature of a New Yorker. Him and Feinstein together would be the final straw that'd have me joining ISIS.

Yeah I wasnt sure how the Daniels/Austin one would go but it went by so quickly, both parts in fact.

With Russo, you never feel like you're getting a real guy, like he's always on the attack to defend himself.

I'm looking forward to listening to Dreamer on Austin's. He was awesome on Wrestling with Depression a few months back.

• Paid Members
Looks like Colt got the dregs of the available guests again this week:

Jericho: Christian

JR: Kurt Angle

Austin: Tommy Dreamer

Colt: Bryce Remsburg (?)

That's what I like about Colt's podcast though, it celebrates the people that live and breathe wrestling that you might never have heard of. That's what makes it interesting and contributes to its longevity. I only know the name Bryce Remsburg because he was the referee that 1PW used to fly over from America for their Doncaster Dome shows back in the day.

• Paid Members
Hardly surprising when the other three are JR, Jericho and Austin. Given his standing in the industry Bryce Remsburg sounds about right.

True. But it was a lot different when he was the only podcast in town! He even had Austin!

I'm probabaly daft for biting but come on now. Austin was on *talking about his own podcast* and even when Cabana was actually the only game in town, it wasn't any different at all.

Generally speaking I can't hack too much Cabana but his podcasts with the indie types are a lot of his best shows. Then again, maybe I'm the audience because I know who Bryce Remsburg (and Jay Briscoe) is.

Was listening to Cabana on that Wrestling With Depression podcast the other day,and he was talking about the number of downloads of the podcast being down,and worrying about advertisers etc.He sounded like he's in two minds about keeping AOW going.Can't blame him really,all the big name lads and up and comers in WWE that would pull listeners in (bar his mates) are going to go for Austin/Jericho/JR/Goldberg before they'd even consider AOW these days.

I'd kind of feel sorry for him if he wasn't so bloody thick and annoying.

• Paid Members

The schedule for JR's podcast looks pretty good:

Kurt Angle (Part Two) 15 July

AJ Styles 22 July

Sting 29 July

Bully Ray 05 August

Sean Grande12 August

Tony Schiavone 19 August

Vince Russo 26 August

Terry Allen aka Magnum TA 02 Sept

Cowboy Bill Watts 09 Sept

Stan "The Lariat" Hansen 16 Sept

Ed Ferrara 23 Sept

I could do without hearing from people that have recently been featured on other PodcastOne shows, like Bully and AJ, but glad to see some big name old school guys on there.

The 'fun cast' with Marty DeRosa and Cabana was about the most miserable way to have fun possible. A rip-roaring ride through the heads of two mates bigging each other up and brave facing it over what they perceive to be their career highs and lows. Cabana in particular (not for the first time lately) sounds really conflicted about his current standing. One minute, he's got enough money so he doesn't have to push the merch so hard, the next he's dripping in bitterness again that it's never worked out for him in WWE. He doesn't sound like he'll ever kill anybody or owt, but I feel as though he's been headed for a breakdown for a while now. This latest spell of everybody else nicking his podcast audience could be the tipping point.