What makes a good Wrestling Promotion?

riverdaleallstars

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Would you prefer one show per event night? Or for us to film 2 TV shows per event night?

I personally prefer to follow British promotions with regular characters, feuds and storylines over one-off 'showcase' 'indy dream match' types, but asking people to stream/download/remember a British internet wrestling show weekly would be a bit much. With so much weekly WWE, TNA, UFC, etc (and that's with me not bothering with the likes of Superstars, Main Event, Saturday Slam, Xplosion, WrestleTalkTV, ROH, etc) already a part of the schedule, I know I wouldn't be motivated to catch it each and every week.

- Price?

• Paid Members
You are going to have to book some exceptional talent

PM Sent~

The thing is I can see most of the top names in the UK with the odd import in a great atmosphere on a few shows without much hassle as it is at PCW, Southside, TXW and with a further drive many, many more.

To many people the name of the "promotion" isn't going to make much difference, be them casual fans or nerdy twats like me, but the more and more shows there are booking so many of the same great names from the same small pool makes me less interested in seeing them as time goes by regardless of who is booking them.

It does make me more willing to get off my arse for names I don't get to see much though, those outside that main pool.

Perhaps I'm just a miserable sod though.

Good gimmicks, crowd engagement, guys with looks who can work on the fly and no wanky bollocks.

Or, something nobody has really done in this country of late - get good established talent on board, and give them your own original characters. There's your USP.

^ I'm discounting Lucha Britannia here, who do a good job of this from what I can tell, using their own particular theme.

• Paid Members

I do think there's a market for a tour of big name imports.

I realise they don't come cheap and have been the downfall of many promotions, but 1PW failed for a number of reasons, mainly to do with being poorly run.

There are so many big name wresters on the independent circuit who would attract a good crowd if run properly. Even associating with other European feds and spreading the air fare and visa costs between them.

Good gimmicks, crowd engagement, guys with looks who can work on the fly and no wanky bollocks.

Or, something nobody has really done in this country of late - get good established talent on board, and give them your own original characters. There's your USP.

^ I'm discounting Lucha Britannia here, who do a good job of this from what I can tell, using their own particular theme.

Thunderslam Wrestling ?

Thunderslam Wrestling ?

Just Googled, wasn't on my radar - sounds quite good. :thumbsup:

Look at what LDN wrestling do and do the opposite you will be on the right track then.

Yeah. I’d hate to have a long-running, established, profitable wrestling promotion using nothing by domestic talent. Spunk your cash on imports and go out of business after one or two shows, that’s what you should be doing.

Yeah, but they don't have the greatest reputation (sure not sure what's true or not). Granted it's internet reputation isn't really going to effect their main audience.

Archived