UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

New Roc Marciano album is out. I've only listened to it once through, but it's really good. It's in full on YouTube if you want to check it out, it's called Rosebudd's revenge.

Anyone heard anything good recently? Could really do with some new artists to listen to.

I've been listening to the recent Tribe album a lot. It's great and all, but I really want that excitement of finding something new!

Nice, I'll check that out. Not much to report States wise recently, struggling myself for new things to listen to. I rediscovered J-Zone recently and enjoyed his Fish & Grits album.

UK wise, think I mentioned it before but for me, the standout UK release of the last few years is Ocean Wisdom-Chaos 93.

Leaf Dog from Four Owls has just released an excellent single-My Scene

I've just discovered a guy called Trademark Blud who's new EP is produced by Micall Parknsun, and is a decent listen.

And Klashnekoff has released a new single Hand on Heart which is pretty good too.

I'll countenance my post by saying a lot of what I posted is what I'd call serious hip hop, so for a bit of balance check out Dr Syntax & Pete Cannon-The Tonic EP from last year. In fact, everything they do is great. Pete recently uploaded some vids of him sampling/creating through an old Amiga which I'm sure you'd appreciate. I'll try and link them.

Completely agree, I mean it's all I was into from age of 16-19, Jehst, Taskforce, Terra Firma etc and whilst I still love all those acts I have to balance it these days.

Out of all of them Ocean Wisdoms the most interesting, and I'm not normally a fan of fast flow rappers, but he knows when to switch it up, and is a funny lad as well.

But I know what you mean, a few UK tracks usually has me reaching for the Ugly Duckling and MC Paul Barman records ;)

• 2 weeks later...