Ryyy---back, Ryyy---back, Ryyy---back

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I reckon they will have Punk v Cena at HIAC and turn Ryback heel. He'll come out to help Cena but then twat him so Punk wins.Not saying it's a good idea but I think that's what they will do.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I must be in the minority on this one, but I really like the marching and I like the arm pumping motions. Think they add to that whole cyborg/Terminator vibe he has going on. I think it's good when guys try stuff like that, developing their own taunts.

Not a fan of the arm pumping, but the march is fucking BRILLIANT. It's the ultimate show of freakish strength and rubbing his giant cock into the face of his opponents. Definately keep it. The arm pumping thing is a bit shit though.
I'm the opposite. I don't mind the arm pumping, but I think the marching looks a bit strange and silly. It just goes from intense (brutal clothesline, shouting 'FINISH IT') to just plain bizarre with the marching. It reminds me too much of Santino. Not that I dislike Santino, but it just doesn't go.Overall, I like Ryback. Good look, intense as fuck looking. I like guys like this coming through now and then, reminds me of a modern day Woyah.

I reckon they will have Punk v Cena at HIAC and turn Ryback heel. He'll come out to help Cena but then twat him so Punk wins.Not saying it's a good idea but I think that's what they will do.

To be honest, that might not be the worst thing ever. They've done this before- postponed a huge face run by turning the guy heel, which in the long run made the guy an even bigger star. Ok, when I say they've done it before, I'm only thinking of The Rock off the top of my head. Started to get over in 1998 so he turned face, looked like he was going to get a huge push then BAM- turns heel and becomes the top bad guy. And then when he turns face again just under a year later, he's fucking massive and is a much bigger face than if he they had kept him as face from '98.But perhaps Ryback is a different kettle of fish. He seems like the Batista/Warrior/Goldberg layout would better suit him given the type of guy he is. Just ride the wave of momentum and let him get more over and over.

What on earth would make you think that?For the first time in god knows how long someone is getting over well very quickly. What would make them turn him heel?

Gladstone (and Punkstep) might actually be on to something with him turning heel, would only have to be for a few months and then in the build up to say, Mania, have Heyman and Punk acting like Flair and HHH did with Batista so that Ryback eventually turns again, then destroys Punk at ManiaI reckon that'd be a good way of getting him over huge plus you wouldn't have to worry about match quality because he's in there with Punk

• Paid Members

What on earth would make you think that?For the first time in god knows how long someone is getting over well very quickly. What would make them turn him heel?

It's just a theory. Like I said, I didn't say it would be a good idea necessarily. Just something I think they might do. As has been pointed out before, WWE have done this kind of thing before successfully, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

I'm not sure that they have done it before. Rock and Ryback are two very different creatures. Unless Ryback's terrible, food-pun-laden interview on backstage fallout was a double-bluff, he's not able to do what 1998 Rock did. It'd be more like if WCW turned Goldberg heel in May '98. If Ryback turns heel, he's losing to Cena by Christmas and then he's fucked. He hasn't got interview or comedy chops to rebound from losses, especialy as a baddie and with his gimmick. The only way I could see him turning heel is if WWE think his steroid use is too much of a liability to ever make him champion and they only want him to be a short-term villain to occupy Cena for a month or two.

• Paid Members

I like idea that has been brought up regarding having Ryback go down the Batista route. Ryback, Heyman, Punk and Lesnar as a new stable would be great. Put Ryback in the crowd with Punk and you can guarantee there wont be any shenanigans like Monday night.EDIT for shit spelling.

• Paid Members

I like idea that has been brought up regarding having Ryback go down the Batista route. Ryback, Heyman, Punk and Lesnar as a new stable would be great. Put Ryback in the crowd with Punk and you can guarantee there wont be any shenanigans like Monday night.EDIT for shit spelling.

It's not really the Batista route though. Batista was a bog standard muscular midcard heel with no momentum until they teased him turning babyface, which got a great reaction and convinced them to slowly turn him against Flair and Triple H. Ryback's already a massively over babyface, and people already want to see him smash Punk, so turning him heel at this point would be counter productive. There's no guarantee he'll be able to get as over as a heel and, even if he does, there's no guarantee people will still want to see him hammer Punk when he turns back again.Personally, I hope they go down the route Vamp suggested with Punk avoiding Ryback while feeding him "Heyman guys" and maybe even have them put up a bounty on him and really build him up as someone Punk is terrified of.

Putting Ryback with Punk and Heyman would be a great way of getting him over, if he was like Batista and no one gave a shit about him (like when he was put with Evolution.) I enjoyed what Punk was doing with Mason Ryan so it would work, but they just dont need to. Its just a gamble they don't need to take.In a climate where so little shit sticks to the wall, they can't fuck Ryback up

It's not really the Batista route though. Batista was a bog standard muscular midcard heel with no momentum until they teased him turning babyface, which got a great reaction and convinced them to slowly turn him against Flair and Triple H. Ryback's already a massively over babyface, and people already want to see him smash Punk, so turning him heel at this point would be counter productive. There's no guarantee he'll be able to get as over as a heel and, even if he does, there's no guarantee people will still want to see him hammer Punk when he turns back again.

Exactly. It's just a big gamble where the absolute best-case scenario is they're in exactly the same position as they are now, just with loads of fucking around in the meantime.

• Paid Members

Ryback's already a massively over babyface, and people already want to see him smash Punk, so turning him heel at this point would be counter productive. There's no guarantee he'll be able to get as over as a heel and, even if he does, there's no guarantee people will still want to see him hammer Punk when he turns back again.Personally, I hope they go down the route Vamp suggested with Punk avoiding Ryback while feeding him "Heyman guys" and maybe even have them put up a bounty on him and really build him up as someone Punk is terrified of.

You make a fair point. When you put it that way, it would be counter productive to turn him at this point. I like the idea of putting a bounty on his head though, that could make for some good backstage segments.

A thing I've noticed while reading this thread that people may or may not have noticed is that at least pretty much everyone is looking forward to finding out what happens (short term and long term) with Ryback, Punk and I suppose to a lesser degree, CenaIt's been a while (well, last summer) since I was this intrigued by what a wrestler was going to do next week and the week after etc.

Since his debut against the jobbers, i've been a Ryback mark. I love everything about him, I even love "The Big Hungry" nickname. The guy is a walking cash machine for old Vincent, in my opinion. All my nephew does these days is walk around chanting "FEED ME MORE" and I guarantee when he goes to WWE in Cardiff next month he'll come home with a load of Ryback merchandise.

I hope they feed him Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

Archived