Ryyy---back, Ryyy---back, Ryyy---back

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Ryback should get a title shot at Survivor Series, and Lesnar returning to save Punk should be the only thing that stops him. Ryback has a loss then, but him chasing Lesnar would be money and you wouldn't have a predictable result when they finally face off.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole 'feed me more' thing is a bit lame on paper, but he does it with such intensity and gusto that he's actually got people chanting along with him!So overall he's alright. At this point he should be more evolved than just the 1 note character that he is. What is his motivation for standing up to CM Punk and helping out Mick Foley and JR?Its also gone a bit fast. I was liking the pace of his rise up the ranks, I thought it was the right time for him to go after Miz. Now he's suddenly put that behind him and dove right in to a feud with the WWE champion.

It would still be a loss. If you put Ryback in the match he has to win the belt. I seem it a million times in TNA with Samoa Joe or Crimson where the commentators are tripping over their words saying "undefeated, apart from that tag match, but that doesn't count ..." and all that.

I disagree with this. Umaga had a fair few countout and DQ losses during his undefeated streak. The announcers simply put over the fact that no man has ever pinned him or made him submit.Anyways, as much as a huge CM Punk mark that I am, I'd lose my shit if Ryback goes in the Cell and squashes the fuck out of Punk and walks out as Champion. WWE ought to just capitalise on Ryback whilst he's hot.

• Paid Members

Umaga wasn't being built as a lead face, though. He was being built for Cena to beat him. Heels can take DQ defeats because of the out of control nature they put across. If Ryback is supposed to be an unstoppable babyface, he shouldn't be taking any kind of defeat when they are building him. And especially when he's such a hot act. They should either have Punk say "I'm not wrestling this fucker" or he should take the belt, in my opinion. Having him do a fuck finish just means he's just another bloke who you can find a way to outsmart. People seem to like him because he's a genuine monster. You need to protect that.The marching is shite, though.

• Paid Members

He'll be treading water on Superstars and/or released and/or suspended and then subsequently pushed down the pecking order by April to Summer next year. That's the grim reality. I think he's fucking ACE, but everytime we get a bit wet over someone who seems to be emerging as a star, WWE will go out of their way to spectacularly fuck things up just when it looks as though this time around they'll strike when the iron is hot. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, but the only way they'll have any chance of sustaining this thing for the long term is to give him the title at some stage. I think give Cena the match for now at HITC, and as Ian said keep Ryback as an unbeaten challenger for now to keep the story going and build up to that eventual win. In fact, on the way I'd even pair him up with Lesnar before he gets the belt. With a little more build up it'll seem like something of a dream match if they pull it off properly. After Lesnar, he'll almost be a made man with only the title left to go for. Leaving him from the title scene for a bit too allows Punk to keep his reign going into the Rumble match with The Rock and then a Wrestlemania defence, before ultimately succombing to Big Ry. If they don't do this, he's doomed.Edit-

I must be in the minority on this one, but I really like the marching and I like the arm pumping motions. Think they add to that whole cyborg/Terminator vibe he has going on. I think it's good when guys try stuff like that, developing their own taunts.

Not a fan of the arm pumping, but the march is fucking BRILLIANT. It's the ultimate show of freakish strength and rubbing his giant cock into the face of his opponents. Definately keep it. The arm pumping thing is a bit shit though.

Ryback should get a title shot at Survivor Series, and Lesnar returning to save Punk should be the only thing that stops him. Ryback has a loss then, but him chasing Lesnar would be money and you wouldn't have a predictable result when they finally face off.

I like this, but I'm really hoping we'll get a survivor series tag match with Team Haymen (including Punk, Lesnar, Ziggler, Big Show) vs Team Cena ( Cena, Ryback, Sheamus, Triple H).

I looked up Ryback on Wiki the other day, knowing how long he's been around I assumed he'd be getting on in age, but the bastard's only 30... which means when he was on Tough Enough back in the day, he was 22- which is my age. Guy makes me feel terrible about my pregnant gut and chicken legs... funnily enough our appetites are basically the same.I like his push now, he's clearly a charismatic guy. I had some reservations about him not too long ago, but I remembered the pushes of Khali and Kozlov, and how the top tier guys pulled some very good matches from them. Ryback isn't that hopeless either- it'll be great to watch him fuck shit up, and he's bound to improve working with the likes of Cena and Punk.

I wouldn't put the belt on him but I'd definitely put Punk and Cena in the cell to get over that Punk is scared of Ryback, plus Punk going over Cena in the cell ends the feud while Cena has an out due to his fucked arm, that'd lead to Punk losing the belt to The Rock and Cena winning the Rumble setting up the Mania rematchI suppose they could have Ziggler cash in on Sheamus at Hell in a Cell then have Ryback go after that belt but I suppose that'd be a demotion from where he is now, in summary I haven't a clue what they should do with him, I can't see him being a big deal while they've got Rock, Cena, Lesnar and probably Triple H and Undertaker coming back before Mania, not a chance they'll push him as a bigger deal than those lot It's a shame neither of the mid card titles mean fuck all, sorry for the Goldberg comparison but him winning the US title was a big deal, if Ryback smashed The Miz and won the IC title it'd make him look less of a big deal in the fans eyes because they know the mid card straps are either for comedy acts or people who are just treading water

• Paid Members

..... if Ryback smashed The Miz and won the IC title it'd make him look less of a big deal in the fans eyes because they know the mid card straps are either for comedy acts or people who are just treading water.

I thought I'd bring this up. With Goldberg it meant something because he as a wrestler hadn't been tested, plus he over came the whole flock to win that title. Overall is sort of half proved he could go the distance, and not just put away lower-card guys. That's how it felt to me at the time anyway.In Ryback's case, he would have been OK beating Miz for the title, whilst then continually progressing up the ladder. Now he's poked his undefeated nose into Punks business, it will 100% look like a total demotion for him, going back down to the IC or US title. People want to see him test himself and the streak against punk, and of course see if he really does have what it takes to win the big title/shut punks mouth up for good.Personally, the only way I can see them getting around this is a triple threat, with punk stealing it from Cena, who may have just been "meat-hooked" (or whatever Ryback's finisher is called). This could then lead onto various rematch's / bigger match's (tag team/multi-man) with Punk taking it each time from somebody else in the match. This would eventually lead to Punk/Ryback at 'ManiaThe only other option would be to have Ryback win it, but of course that messes up a potential Rock/Punk match, and of course Rock does have a title match, so unless Rock is putting Ryback over, I doubt he'll will be winning it soon.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea to have Punk duck Ryback and form a group of 'Heyman guys' for Ryback to smash through. Just have Heyman bring in anyone he can think of to try and keep the big guy away from his man Punk. But even then that's only a temporary solution. There's a part of me that really does feel like they should just pull the trigger on him just to do something different. Which on paper probably isn't the most sensible thing to do.

Archived