Bradford Wrestling Alliance

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Can I ask why one of the major British Indy companies doesn't tour around towns and cities of the country, putting on shows frequently? Maybe that would curb some of these local feds popping up as well.

There's a decent wrestling market here in Blackburn. The American Wrestling shows do well, so I'm told (even though the last one showed Sting and Sonjay Dutt from the TNA iMPACT! Video Game on their posters), yet nobody makes the effort to put on a major wrestling show around here. Again, it's PCW who are the closest, seven miles away and infrequent.

Surely the same could be said from earlier in the thread, that many of the major companies in this country could form together and make one single, massive entity, touring the country (or even out of it) and satisfying the demand from the top to the bottom.

People complain about BWA, yet there's nothing around there putting on a decent show on a regular basis. Otherwise, they wouldn't have just sprung up like they did. The only one I know of around there (note: I am from Blackburn) is the American Wrestling one, which, coincidentally, has a very average product, yet tours the length and depth of the country.

So you're not familiar with All-Star?

Vaguely. Don't they hold events in Blackpool?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I ask why one of the major British Indy companies doesn't tour around towns and cities of the country, putting on shows frequently? Maybe that would curb some of these local feds popping up as well.

There's a decent wrestling market here in Blackburn. The American Wrestling shows do well, so I'm told (even though the last one showed Sting and Sonjay Dutt from the TNA iMPACT! Video Game on their posters), yet nobody makes the effort to put on a major wrestling show around here. Again, it's PCW who are the closest, seven miles away and infrequent.

Surely the same could be said from earlier in the thread, that many of the major companies in this country could form together and make one single, massive entity, touring the country (or even out of it) and satisfying the demand from the top to the bottom.

People complain about BWA, yet there's nothing around there putting on a decent show on a regular basis. Otherwise, they wouldn't have just sprung up like they did. The only one I know of around there (note: I am from Blackburn) is the American Wrestling one, which, coincidentally, has a very average product, yet tours the length and depth of the country.

Blackburn is 10mins from me. The 9 shows a year I run would be classed as infrequent by very few.

Blackburn is a very run down area with high unemployment and little disposable income & the university is tiny. Those with the cash can easily get 1 bus/train or a 10min drive to PCW. I know Blackburn very well with working there and its not a financially viable place to run regular shows. With transport a lot would have to change at Preston to get there anyway if they are from out of town.

• Paid Members

Yes. And other towns and cities nationwide. They do exactly what you described: tour the country. They're the biggest and probably longest-established wrestling promotion in the UK.

So given that you know very little about the domestic scene, why the hell are you rolling your eyes at others in the industry and at suggestions like you should be paid if you're a professional wrestler?

Yes. And other towns and cities nationwide. They do exactly what you described: tour the country. They're the biggest and probably longest-established wrestling promotion in the UK.

So given that you know very little about the domestic scene, why the hell are you rolling your eyes at others in the industry and at suggestions like you should be paid if you're a professional wrestler?

I thought that comment was a generalisation for anything in life, not just wrestling. You were talking about your job previously, which is what led me to think that. My apologies if I've misunderstood.

In terms of All-Star, the only things I've seen from them have been the tweets from Gil Colins (Blackpool Blondes).

(EDIT: As far as I can see, that is the closest show All-Star do to Blackburn. I may be wrong, but that could be part of the reason why I've only vaguely heard of them.)

It leads me to question why they are not on TV, while UKW are. (As a fan, UKW has looked very average to me as a product, while some of the matches and wrestlers have been excellent. Comparing that to the likes of PCW, I know which one should have a TV deal.)

Nothing in Blackburn perhaps, but decent stuff that is within an hour or so include the already mentioned PCW, then you have GPW, Futureshock, XWA (did before hiatus), Infinite Promotions, Pro Wrestling 4 U (or whatever it's called in Stoke, which is hardly miles and miles away), WA1 Wrestling who have just run om Warrington, BWP isnt too far away, TTP run shows as well on occasion further north of Lancaster, then there is All Star who go to Blackpool, plus another lot who's name Ive forgotten who run infrequently.

Yeah, basically there is fuck all wrestling around here????? Seriously we are spoilt up here it's untrue, unless you have the cash to come up with something quality or can do something original and maintain it, then your chances of breaking what is a stacked market is going to be slim to none. Blackburn still has the aura of at least two failed promotions the GWF debacle and I think what were called One City Wrestling who ran out of Preston, but were going to do shows in Blackburn and then folded.

If the shows are good well promoted, well booked and have something that keeps them coming back then you are on to a winner, if they arent they you are going to struggle

Blackburn is a very run down area with high unemployment and little disposable income & the university is tiny. Those with the cash can easily get 1 bus/train or a 10min drive to PCW. I know Blackburn very well with working there and its not a financially viable place to run regular shows. With transport a lot would have to change at Preston to get there anyway if they are from out of town.

I'm not saying you should personally run a show here. You're PRESTON City Wrestling. The clue is in the title.

And the comment on Facebook was very unnecessary, to be perfectly honest. It's not unreasonable to want something closer to home, where it doesn't cost

I'm not saying you should personally run a show here. You're PRESTON City Wrestling. The clue is in the title.

And the comment on Facebook was very unnecessary, to be perfectly honest. It's not unreasonable to want something closer to home, where it doesn't cost

Nothing in Blackburn perhaps, but decent stuff that is within an hour or so include the already mentioned PCW, then you have GPW, Futureshock, XWA (did before hiatus), Infinite Promotions, Pro Wrestling 4 U (or whatever it's called in Stoke, which is hardly miles and miles away), WA1 Wrestling who have just run om Warrington, BWP isnt too far away, TTP run shows as well on occasion further north of Lancaster, then there is All Star who go to Blackpool, plus another lot who's name Ive forgotten who run infrequently.

Yeah, basically there is fuck all wrestling around here????? Seriously we are spoilt up here it's untrue, unless you have the cash to come up with something quality or can do something original and maintain it, then your chances of breaking what is a stacked market is going to be slim to none. Blackburn still has the aura of at least two failed promotions the GWF debacle and I think what were called One City Wrestling who ran out of Preston, but were going to do shows in Blackburn and then folded.

If the shows are good well promoted, well booked and have something that keeps them coming back then you are on to a winner, if they arent they you are going to struggle

In my position, I catch trains to shows. PCW ends at a very good time to get the last train home and avoid spending more money on hotels, food, drink, etc.

The beer is stupidly cheap at PCW, when they dont run out. May I ask what planet you are residing on currently?

They ran out before the last show started then? And yes, you can.

So what planet is it?

As for the beer the run out was at Guild Wars or maybe earlier and was due to the fact that everyone was having such a ridiculously good time the bar couldnt cope and had to have something left for when the night club actually opened :)

Archived