Bradford Wrestling Alliance

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Just wondering if anyone else was stupid enough to have attended this fiasco on Friday night and what there thoughts were on it?

Being a new promotion, I thought I would give it a shot as could only find that or the Midlands based PPW on last Friday which I attended for their last show and was not particularly blown away with.

Got up to Bradford in plenty of time and found the arena which from the outside looked reasonable, kinda like the Stockport Guildhall from which they run Futureshock- inside however it was not as nice as that. Was pleased to see a queue had formed outside of at least 100-150 people before doors opened which looked good.

Upon getting inside, I took my seat in the 3rd row and awaiting to see what would go down, in my experience debut shows always draw a reasonable crowd anyway so there is usually a reasonable atmoshere. I hadn't seen much of the card leading upto this but had seen a few promo pics of one of the organisers, a Ryan Lord, whom I had come across a couple of times before and found his work to be of a reasonable standard so figured there may be at least 1 match worth watching on the show.

I'm afraid that is as far as my optimism can stretch, the list of guys on the show was exactly the same bunch of muppets that seem to be working all of the promotions stretch from UKW across to the also newly formed Markout Wrestling in Blackburn - another of whose debut shows I was unfortunate enough to sit through, saved only by the appearances of Joey Hayes and Bubblegum in the main event. This show, unfortunately had no one capable of saving it.

During the show they had a rumble match and you could tell it was filled with yet more free workers who had no training or ability and were just there to make the numbers up, during this match there was a severe injury caused to one young lad who went over the top and landed down hard on his neck. I was told after that this boy had never been in a match before and should not have been there in the first place with no real training. I believe he is a product of a wrestling school in Leeds who also spawned a bloke calling himself 'the geek' who also managed to get hurt during his match!

Just some advice, if you are ever tempted to give a new promotion a try and they list any of the following idiots as being part of the show, I would give it a wide birth - *The Geek, *Gareth Angel, *Disco Wes (who is a complete Sam Bailey rip off with not an ounce of talent), *Lewis O'Brien, *Matt Slater, *The Outbackers or *Bubba The Butcher, and there are far too many others to remember.

All in all I would say this borders in the top 5 most unproffessional shows I have ever been to with not a single competent performer in the ring, I was just wondering if anyone else went and came away with a different view to mine?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Matt Slater,

:laugh:

And here I hoped that all the 1PW Academy graduates had died off so Robbie X really was proved to be a very shining exception.

LMAO, I feel that, wasn't aware Slater was on the show right up until the point they announced him on the night and even then I was in disbelief! To say he hasn't gotten any better would be an understatement!

Just a note the lad who was hurt was kept in hospital for a couple of nights but was discharged without any serious injury

However the poor lad is keeping in contact and can't wait to get back in the ring.

Good news about him being ok. Think he needs to have an awful lot more training before ever getting back in front of a crowd though, even compared to some of the other people on the show he looked out of place

Just a note the lad who was hurt was kept in hospital for a couple of nights but was discharged without any serious injury

However the poor lad is keeping in contact and can't wait to get back in the ring.

Good news about him being ok. Think he needs to have an awful lot more training before ever getting back in front of a crowd though, even compared to some of the other people on the show he looked out of place

Were you both at the show? What were your thoughts on it?

The upsetting part is that currently in West Yorkshire there is an ever growing number of these piss pot shows using the same failed trainees (and free untrained guys) that is turning the area into the arsehole of British Wrestling.

From the top of my head there is UKW, GBW, BWA, Adam Bowlers Monstrosity, The Leeds training schools shows and KGW.. All using the same shit and 4 of them with training schools churning out more shit!!!

I do like that UKW are trying to use more regular names now of days, even if they are still using some of their own poor talents on there, hell their womens promotion even have a link with WAWW or something like that. But i agree there is quite a lot of terrible shows out that way, even more so they are all coming from trainees from UKW.

• Paid Members
Just some advice, if you are ever tempted to give a new promotion a try and they list any of the following idiots as being part of the show, I would give it a wide birth - *The Geek, *Gareth Angel, *Disco Wes (who is a complete Sam Bailey rip off with not an ounce of talent), *Lewis O'Brien, *Matt Slater, *The Outbackers or *Bubba The Butcher, and there are far too many others to remember.

Gareth Angel has been the subject of Iceman's latest WAR ON DIVS on Twitter, so you aren't the only one who thinks he's the pits.

The upsetting part is that currently in West Yorkshire there is an ever growing number of these piss pot shows using the same failed trainees (and free untrained guys) that is turning the area into the arsehole of British Wrestling.

From the top of my head there is UKW, GBW, BWA, Adam Bowlers Monstrosity, The Leeds training schools shows and KGW.. All using the same shit and 4 of them with training schools churning out more shit!!!

Thought i'd chime in as anyone who follows me on twitter or is on my facebook will have read my thoughts on this complete joke that took place in Bradford. I have spoken to the young lad in question a number of times as met him whist I was doing a bit of ring announcing for a show that he was watching. He had asked my opinion and advice on how to get involved in wrestling and asked if I knew anywhere he could train. Naturally I advised him to seek out House of Pain and get himself down to Nottingham but as seems the way with so many of these former backyarders and a number of the others who came out of the UKW Academy back in the dark days they believe they have all the required training an knowledge to perform on shows and indeed put on their own!

I will say that UKW do now have Rampage Brown taking at least one of their classes per week so they are making steps in the right direction which seems to be where the main problem stems from and why so many of these piss pots have sprung up in such a very short space of time....

Let's not even start on Bowler as this will turn into another mockery of a thread about a little boy who isn't even worth our time discussing....

As for the others mentioned by Toga, GBW is Lewy Paradise's promotion - for anyone not familiar with Lewy he was Jonathan Sedgwick's (UKW) star pupil and tag team partner. Lewy for me, at least, is a little bit of a victim of him inexperience and the fact that he is not being guided correctly. He constantly messes about posting videos of him and his div mates from an adandoned garage over near Blackburn in what they call a promotion entitled RWL!! (Radical Wrestling League) - they have an entire Youtube channel dedicated to this monstrosity so if anyone fancies a laugh then have a look. Lewy actually has a fair bit of talent and had been getting himself in the gym recently and is bulking up, he is still only 17 and if he was to concentrate on his wrestling and get himself away from these moronic influences then who knows what he could maybe acomplish!

KGW is run by Vix Enoir and Tiger McGuigan, they are the ones who do the ring jobs for the majority of these piss pots including Bowlers last show that drew 8 people! I haven't been to a KGW show as yet so cannot comment on the standard but having seen the match cards they are again using the exact same run of idiots and churing out the same as the rest. I would be interested to know if anyone else has been along to one of these yet?

BWA is somewhere I am not familar with, who runs that?

Aswell as these there is also a show planned called 'XBW' which is to be run by a guy calling himself 'Nemesis' - real name Nicholas Rangely, yet another of the dark days of UKW students and an absolute joke in the ring, he has had his tongue split in 2 so that he looks like a lizard! (Enough Said!). His partner in crimes against wrestling is yes, yet another former UKW Trainee....Steve 'Omega' Webster, another kid who thinks he has a vast amount of knowledge from having been a UKW TV Star!! He must be 22 at the very oldest and has never wrestled for a single decent promotion! There 'roster' has appeared on facebook so check it out and as expected....there is the exact same bunch of untrained idiots on the list! The worst of whom is a guy called 'Danny Primetime' or Daniel Standring who a year or so ago went around putting posters up calling himself a 'trainer'....thankfully I believe Iceman got wind of his antics and strawbed him out publicly before he could do any permanent damage! XBW are another company hoping to run out of Leeds!!

There is also 'Markout Wrestling' - run by Corey Leigh Carver who wrestles on most of these piss pots as 'Valo'. Corey is the only one who has gone about it in a slightly better way than the rest and as I believe mentioned above he did apparently use Bubblegum and Joey Hayes on his first show - at least that shows willing I suppose!

Unfortunately it seems that Grapple Academy, the place responsible for these latest bunch of strawbs are also planning to run a show in Leeds very shortly as reported on there facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wrest...305287599487295

Gareth Angel has been the subject of Iceman's latest WAR ON DIVS on Twitter, so you aren't the only one who thinks he's the pits.

LMAO, yes I follow Iceman on twitter purely to have him keep me entertained, from what I saw on Friday, which was my first in the flesh experience of Angel then Iceman has hit the nail right on the head! A total Div with a complete lack of respect for the business or for anyone who paid money to watch this complete pile of rubbish on the day, and the worst thing is they are already advertising a second show

*Disco Wes (who is a complete Sam Bailey rip off with not an ounce of talent),

Hilarious, the show that I was 'lucky enough' to catch him at there were a couple of lads in the crowd he actually started a chant of "Shit Sam Bailey"

LMAO, yes I follow Iceman on twitter purely to have him keep me entertained, from what I saw on Friday, which was my first in the flesh experience of Angel then Iceman has hit the nail right on the head! A total Div with a complete lack of respect for the business or for anyone who paid money to watch this complete pile of rubbish on the day, and the worst thing is they are already advertising a second show

to be fair you should have asked for your money back

Archived