Bradford Wrestling Alliance

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

As for the beer the run out was at Guild Wars or maybe earlier and was due to the fact that everyone was having such a ridiculously good time the bar couldnt cope and had to have something left for when the night club actually opened :)

It was well before the actual show started! If it was indeed you lot, you're all greedy. :D

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the beer the run out was at Guild Wars or maybe earlier and was due to the fact that everyone was having such a ridiculously good time the bar couldnt cope and had to have something left for when the night club actually opened :)

It was well before the actual show started! If it was indeed you lot, you're all greedy. :D

Maybe it was just while more supplies were being taken to the bar? I assure you I would of had about 100 messages about this if it was for the whole show.

NGW, PCW, WAW, IPW, PBW, ICW, GPW etc etc.

Right there, you've named another problem which I consider huge in this country. Along with ASW, you have eight major promotions in total. Eight! The term is over-saturation, is it not? And it's ego that stops many of these merging and putting shows out as a newly-formed, bigger entity that could theoretically run the British Scene for years to come.

The fact that many wrestlers compete on most, if not ALL of the aforementioned promotions should further add potency to this argument. But that would reduce bookings for that wrestler, which is where money comes into it. Two merged companies means only one booking for that wrestler, rather than two, and that's why they wouldn't back it even though that would be a step in the right direction to improving the scene!

Why dont Mac Ds, KFC and Burger King join to make one big fast food chain? Because competition is good for us all. people like to have a choice. Many of my fans come from out of town and they decide to do it. Why would they travel if the same company promoted in their own area? My gates would drop as would my budget as would the number of shows.

Maybe it was just while more supplies were being taken to the bar? I assure you I would of had about 100 messages about this if it was for the whole show.

Surely Becks is the least expensive of the two?

Anyway, we were stood in front of the band, usually where the supplies go past, and all that went down there was Becks, Becks, Becks, so we had one and stopped. If it was a one-off, fair enough. We specifically asked what the cheapest beer is, and that was the answer, so maybe it was uneducated bar-staff.

If it was over saturated then the aforementioned would not be drawing the numbers that they do. Your also saying that wrestlers should not be allowed to make money. They are region renowned promotions that have garnered their ownfanbase too so there is no requirement at this point to merge. Though I do agree due to people having their own business practices and egos that it would be hard to pull off. It is not a requirement at this point, however I know HOP/Southside and PCW/PBW have shown it can be done.

Your argument. Is flawed to fuckery my friend.

Why dont Mac Ds, KFC and Burger King join to make one big fast food chain? Because competition is good for us all. people like to have a choice. Many of my fans come from out of town and they decide to do it. Why would they travel if the same company promoted in their own area? My gates would drop as would my budget as would the number of shows.

They offer completely different things though. Fried Chicken in McDonalds?

Why couldn't others merge with PCW and do a show in Preston, Newcastle, London, Southampton, Birmingham in one massive promotion? A lot of the talent is the same anyway, so where is the competition? In what terms are you competing? Barring setting the bar mega-high with Tozawa vs. Ligero, of course.

I don't really have a need to go elsewhere because everyone else books the same talent you book. The talent wins because they get booking after booking, rather than going down to the 9 shows a year PCW would put on.

They offer completely different things though. Fried Chicken in McDonalds?

Why couldn't others merge with PCW and do a show in Preston, Newcastle, London, Southampton, Birmingham in one massive promotion? A lot of the talent is the same anyway, so where is the competition? In what terms are you competing? Barring setting the bar mega-high with Tozawa vs. Ligero, of course.

I don't really have a need to go elsewhere because everyone else books the same talent you book. The talent wins because they get booking after booking, rather than going down to the 9 shows a year PCW would put on.

They all offer food, we all offer wrestling it just tastes different. May I ask how many other shows you have watched in the UK? My style of show is unsuitable for GPW, SWE, NGW etc

Why was WWE & WCW competing with each other? Was it better when there was just one? No.

If it was over saturated then the aforementioned would not be drawing the numbers that they do.

That shows how good the product is, in my opinion. People will keep coming, and selling out shows because it looks surprisingly good and books the finest talent this country has to offer.

Your also saying that wrestlers should not be allowed to make money.

Just as others are willing people like Ligero, Travis, Bubblegum and Hayes to tell "piss-pot" promotions to eff-off, rather than take the booking. Double-standards there.

They are region renowned promotions that have garnered their ownfanbase too so there is no requirement at this point to merge.

Imagine how much bigger they would be if they did though!

Though I do agree due to people having their own business practices and egos that it would be hard to pull off. It is not a requirement at this point, however I know HOP/Southside and PCW/PBW have shown it can be done.

The latter's invasion-angle has been very good.

No we all have a good time and source out the best way quickest way to get hammered. Well not strictly true. If you are at the next show, more than happy to discuss it over Jagers in the pub with no name. As it's your first time, you have to buy! 4 for 10 quid, smooths things nicely :)

They all offer food, we all offer wrestling it just tastes different.

Different specialities of food. Wrestling is wrestling, barring weight-classification. Fried Chicken and a Big Mac are completely different.

May I ask how many other shows you have watched in the UK? My style of show is unsuitable for GPW, SWE, NGW etc

Live, not many. On video/DVD/internet, countless.

Why was WWE & WCW competing with each other? Was it better when there was just one? No.

With their own wrestlers not appearing on both shows week in, week out. The business was excellent when they were at each other, yet in the US, a country with 311m people, two major promotions ran the show. In the UK, with 62m, EIGHT run the show.

No we all have a good time and source out the best way quickest way to get hammered. Well not strictly true. If you are at the next show, more than happy to discuss it over Jagers in the pub with no name. As it's your first time, you have to buy! 4 for 10 quid, smooths things nicely :)

Archived