Bradford Wrestling Alliance

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Why hasn't this guy offered to even PM Pigman to tell him his real name? Oh aye. He's talking shite.

Think the point he made said that the guy already knows his name, I come from Leeds so see that guy Impact wrestle a bit when I go to shows and personally don't think he is bad, Pigman does have a pretty bad rep around the local area though which must stem from somewhere

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why hasn't this guy offered to even PM Pigman to tell him his real name? Oh aye. He's talking shite.

Think the point he made said that the guy already knows his name, I come from Leeds so see that guy Impact wrestle a bit when I go to shows and personally don't think he is bad, Pigman does have a pretty bad rep around the local area though which must stem from somewhere

The point is I dont know his/her name, but I did not need to know it, as I know everyone that has come to any of the NCWA training sessions, and no-one has ever come for just one, and all the attendances are monitor for a variety of reasons.

As for my rep, if I have a bad reputation, I have a bad reputation. I am not going to raise issue with that, everyone has their own opinion and is perfectly entitled to it. The issue I have is the misinformation or falsehoods. I have no problem whatsoever to honest criticism, as it allows me to grow as a person and deal with it to improve.

Just to throw my tu'pence worth in here; I had never heard of Danny Steel but I managed to see him this past Friday at PBW in Alloa. Certainly didn't look unsafe to me and I actually thought he seemed pretty solid. He does look uncannily like early 90's Sean Waltman though.

Regarding Andy Hogg, I haven't seen him since he was on SWA shows in 2005ish. Back then I thought he was a decent enough wrestler whose gimmick was slightly irritating, not the best thing for a face who was wrestling in main events then. That said, i thought in the ring he was decent enough without standing out as being anything special. Certainly not on a shitarse level and I've seen far worse people on shows than Andy Hogg.

Just wondering if anyone else was stupid enough to have attended this fiasco on Friday night and what there thoughts were on it?

Being a new promotion, I thought I would give it a shot as could only find that or the Midlands based PPW on last Friday which I attended for their last show and was not particularly blown away with.

Got up to Bradford in plenty of time and found the arena which from the outside looked reasonable, kinda like the Stockport Guildhall from which they run Futureshock- inside however it was not as nice as that. Was pleased to see a queue had formed outside of at least 100-150 people before doors opened which looked good.

Upon getting inside, I took my seat in the 3rd row and awaiting to see what would go down, in my experience debut shows always draw a reasonable crowd anyway so there is usually a reasonable atmoshere. I hadn't seen much of the card leading upto this but had seen a few promo pics of one of the organisers, a Ryan Lord, whom I had come across a couple of times before and found his work to be of a reasonable standard so figured there may be at least 1 match worth watching on the show.

I'm afraid that is as far as my optimism can stretch, the list of guys on the show was exactly the same bunch of muppets that seem to be working all of the promotions stretch from UKW across to the also newly formed Markout Wrestling in Blackburn - another of whose debut shows I was unfortunate enough to sit through, saved only by the appearances of Joey Hayes and Bubblegum in the main event. This show, unfortunately had no one capable of saving it.

During the show they had a rumble match and you could tell it was filled with yet more free workers who had no training or ability and were just there to make the numbers up, during this match there was a severe injury caused to one young lad who went over the top and landed down hard on his neck. I was told after that this boy had never been in a match before and should not have been there in the first place with no real training. I believe he is a product of a wrestling school in Leeds who also spawned a bloke calling himself 'the geek' who also managed to get hurt during his match!

Just some advice, if you are ever tempted to give a new promotion a try and they list any of the following idiots as being part of the show, I would give it a wide birth - *The Geek, *Gareth Angel, *Disco Wes (who is a complete Sam Bailey rip off with not an ounce of talent), *Lewis O'Brien, *Matt Slater, *The Outbackers or *Bubba The Butcher, and there are far too many others to remember.

All in all I would say this borders in the top 5 most unproffessional shows I have ever been to with not a single competent performer in the ring, I was just wondering if anyone else went and came away with a different view to mine?

Just wondering if anyone else was stupid enough to have attended this fiasco on Friday night and what there thoughts were on it?

Being a new promotion, I thought I would give it a shot as could only find that or the Midlands based PPW on last Friday which I attended for their last show and was not particularly blown away with.

Got up to Bradford in plenty of time and found the arena which from the outside looked reasonable, kinda like the Stockport Guildhall from which they run Futureshock- inside however it was not as nice as that. Was pleased to see a queue had formed outside of at least 100-150 people before doors opened which looked good.

Upon getting inside, I took my seat in the 3rd row and awaiting to see what would go down, in my experience debut shows always draw a reasonable crowd anyway so there is usually a reasonable atmoshere. I hadn't seen much of the card leading upto this but had seen a few promo pics of one of the organisers, a Ryan Lord, whom I had come across a couple of times before and found his work to be of a reasonable standard so figured there may be at least 1 match worth watching on the show.

I'm afraid that is as far as my optimism can stretch, the list of guys on the show was exactly the same bunch of muppets that seem to be working all of the promotions stretch from UKW across to the also newly formed Markout Wrestling in Blackburn - another of whose debut shows I was unfortunate enough to sit through, saved only by the appearances of Joey Hayes and Bubblegum in the main event. This show, unfortunately had no one capable of saving it.

During the show they had a rumble match and you could tell it was filled with yet more free workers who had no training or ability and were just there to make the numbers up, during this match there was a severe injury caused to one young lad who went over the top and landed down hard on his neck. I was told after that this boy had never been in a match before and should not have been there in the first place with no real training. I believe he is a product of a wrestling school in Leeds who also spawned a bloke calling himself 'the geek' who also managed to get hurt during his match!

Just some advice, if you are ever tempted to give a new promotion a try and they list any of the following idiots as being part of the show, I would give it a wide birth - *The Geek, *Gareth Angel, *Disco Wes (who is a complete Sam Bailey rip off with not an ounce of talent), *Lewis O'Brien, *Matt Slater, *The Outbackers or *Bubba The Butcher, and there are far too many others to remember.

All in all I would say this borders in the top 5 most unproffessional shows I have ever been to with not a single competent performer in the ring, I was just wondering if anyone else went and came away with a different view to mine?

Not sure if you meant to just copy a quote from me or if there was something you meant to add? Were you at the show?

well one about if your'e a trainee at allstar and working for free, you aren't going to be training there ever again

Dean Allmark's facebook status from yesterday - couldn't personally agree more with it. I see you have links to stuff for Pheonix Pro Wrestling on your threads , that is the show in West Brom that was on the same night as the Bradford one? Do they pay all of their wrestlers?

Yes, you saw that on here. As did the rest of us.

I actually saw it on facebook before knowing it was in here as wrestlers and other people were sharing it

well one about if your'e a trainee at allstar and working for free, you aren't going to be training there ever again

Dean Allmark's facebook status from yesterday - couldn't personally agree more with it. I see you have links to stuff for Pheonix Pro Wrestling on your threads , that is the show in West Brom that was on the same night as the Bradford one? Do they pay all of their wrestlers?

i'm not around when people are being paid but i'd only expect these guys to get paid. I wouldn't expect T-Bone, El Ligero, The Predators, etc not to get paid.

Yes, you saw that on here. As did the rest of us.

I actually saw it on facebook before knowing it was in here as wrestlers and other people were sharing it

i'm not around when people are being paid but i'd only expect these guys to get paid. I wouldn't expect T-Bone, El Ligero, The Predators, etc not to get paid.

Do you not wrestle for them? How come the links?

i record the shows and make the graphics, plus also socialize with fans there (well ones that i know of)

Oh safe , I saw the first show they did since coming back. Nothing to set the world alight but certainly not too shabby. Ligero still champion there?

Well if they are not paying all of their perfomers then they are another company guilty of exploiting workers in this country and the people stupid enough to work the shows and not get paid need their heads examining especially if some people on the shows are getting paid.

Archived