Bradford Wrestling Alliance

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I think this working for nout is a two way thing. i remember when my wife Sweet Saraya started promoters did not want to pay the extra for valets/managers, so i gave them the chance to see her work for free on the proviso if they liked her work, they paid for her in the future, i was confident in her work, every promoter re booked her and paid her. Many big uk names of today came to me in the late 90s and were working for nout and i set their first wages because i was so impressed with their talents and recommended them to other promotions, you have to start somewhere, if this business was all about money none of us would be here. I think its up to training schools to teach etiquette, wage structure etc, when my students go out to the big wide world i set the wages exs etc so they know where they stand. I agree everyone should be paid we are pro's but sometimes in life you have to speculate to accumulate and look at the bigger picture.

I see your point but the only trouble you get with that is it makes life easier for these Backyard types to put on shows. We should be making it as difficult as possible for them to operate and if we can hit them where it hurts, ie: their bank balance, it should then discourage them and hopefully others from setting up shows in the future.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived