Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

This week's Observer is pretty fucking grim, isn't it? Shootings at the Performance Centre, Snuka the murderer, some bloke in TNA strangling his wife, some woman in development getting sacked for Nazi references in social media and Hogan trying to work his way out of being outed as a daft racist.

Professional wrestling.

• Paid Members

I was listening to the Observer radio today and they usually lead off with Raw, but instead it was Hogan the racist, Bram the woman beater, a shooting by a loony fan and a firing from a nazi sympathizer. I said to myself "what a shit business."

This week's Observer is pretty fucking grim, isn't it? Shootings at the Performance Centre, Snuka the murderer, some bloke in TNA strangling his wife, some woman in development getting sacked for Nazi references in social media and Hogan trying to work his way out of being outed as a daft racist.

Professional wrestling.

What he said.

I honestly believe the way Jericho was getting over in wcw he could have been a star in the dying days of wcw. Russo would gave loved to gave Jericho at his disposal and if you think about in 98/99 he was the most over undercard guy in the company and clearly moving forward as he'd been elevated to us champ

Well yeah. But at the time of the dying days of WCW, Jericho was a star in the thriving WWF. So he made the right choice.

• Paid Members

Also, given how Russo treated the actual biggest star at his disposal at the time, Bill Goldberg, I don't think he'd have made much out of Chris Jericho.

P.S. Jericho was never US Champ. He had the honour of dropping the TV title to Konan in late 98 before his run with Saturn then six months sitting on his arse waiting for his contract to expire.

• Paid Members

I knew Bo and Bray were brothers but I never knew IRS was their Dad!! That's what I've learnt today!

It's quite the heritage for the two, having Barry Windham as your Uncle and Blackjack Mulligan as your grandad must be epic.

Edited by Teedy Kay

I honestly believe the way Jericho was getting over in wcw he could have been a star in the dying days of wcw. Russo would gave loved to gave Jericho at his disposal and if you think about in 98/99 he was the most over undercard guy in the company and clearly moving forward as he'd been elevated to us champ

Yeah, but a bit more success in 2000/01 wouldn't have made up for the fact that if he'd wanted to have gone to the WWF after WCW went under, he'd have had the ex WCW guy stigma at a time when WCW was no longer an option.   He'd probably have ended up in Wrestlers court for looking at Hardcore Holly's Tizer funny, or not showing the correct respect to the Undertaker while he was eating a Wispa.  

In all seriousness he'd be competing with a spot with a lot of other ex WCW guys rather than having the bonus points of leaving superb money for a chance to wrestle for WWF for a bit less.   .  

Edited by Doctor Whos Next

• Moderators

How awesome was Chris Jericho in 1998?

It's a shame when you think about it.

And just how awesome was the prospect of him going to WWE, which we had to wait for (for what felt like forever), on the potential of what WWE could do with him. Feud with Chyna, as it turned out.

And give Curtis Hughes yet ANOTHER big two job.

• Paid Members

I've finished my Jericho binge, I knew to stop at the undisputed title win, after that he became a self serving dipshit, of course he had great funds with micheals and flair but that's as interesting as it gets.

I don't think that the Nature Boy has ever had great funds.