Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Does anyone else think this Taker return to avenge Brock woulf have been much morr effective had he not come back for that nothing match with Wyatt at Mania?

What did that achieve anyway?

No doubt. As a sort of unrelated, the tagline  they're churning out for this atm "the match too big for Wrestlemania" is some dumb shit too, seeing as it contradicts their business model for the last 25 or so years.

• Paid Members

More like the match too big to leave until WrestleMania.

That's what I'm getting from it.

Also, the good money is on Lesnar and Undertaker fighting at WrestleMania next year. Either for Undertaker to put his career on the line for redemption after going down 2-0 or the match to see who goes 2-1 up.

Does anyone else think this Taker return to avenge Brock woulf have been much morr effective had he not come back for that nothing match with Wyatt at Mania?

100% agree and I've been saying it since Battleground. Even though his return was still fantastic and the crowd reaction gave me goosebumps, it makes zero sense to go after Brock now when Taker had already "returned" to face Bray Wyatt and done absolutely nothing to Brock. They were even in the same building and Lesnar had a championship match!

More like the match too big to leave until WrestleMania.

That's what I'm getting from it.

Also, the good money is on Lesnar and Undertaker fighting at WrestleMania next year. Either for Undertaker to put his career on the line for redemption after going down 2-0 or the match to see who goes 2-1 up.

I thought Sting v Taker was the big plan. It's what fans seem to clamour for anyway. I'm not sure I'm that fussed myself, but it's the big "Dream Match" that never happened I guess. If they do plan on doing Taker/Sting and making a big deal out of it though, somebody needs to stuff a sledgehammer right up HHH's stupid arse...and then shake his hand afterwards.

Cesaro at the moment kind of reminds me of the Daniel Bryan of 2 years ago.

Does anyone think they will ever pull the trigger on him?

He's definitely got it in the ring, has been able to express himself on the mic a bit more recently, and looks sharp as hell in his suit/ shades combo.

I hope he keeps getting more opportunities to show that he belongs in the top tier and that they don't get bored of him.

Edited by The King of Old School

I haven't watched in ages, is Cesaro getting the same crowd reactions as Bryan was 2 years ago?

That's crazy if so. I genuinely can't picture an episode of Raw closing on a shot of a crowd on their feet and chanting for Cesaro in unison.

I mean, if he's not getting those reactions then it's moot. They only ever pulled the trigger on Bryan because his talent/character connected with the audience, who in turn elevated him. He didn't get there on talent alone, and if Cesaro is only displaying the talent of a Daniel Bryan, it means nothing. WWE's stocked full of talented folk who the crowd couldn't give much of a shit about.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

He isn't that over yet. He doesn't get proper unanimous pops, but a very good reaction considering where he could be in a post-Tyson Kidd injury world. Had a "Cesaro section" in the crowd on the last Raw, lots of people all holding up Cesaro signs in one little pocket. Don't think it will get to Bryan level if I'm honest, but I think He's got himself set up very nicely to be a good hand for any given main event. Can't see him winning anything more than one of the midcard titles, but it's looking way better for him now than even when he was in that tag team with Kidd, and they were awesome together and building up steam at the time too.

Cesaro is whipping the crowds into a frenzy when he's on offence similar to Bryan back when he was having them belters with The Shield two years ago. Cesaro is becoming a performer that people like and with each match he is becoming more and more of a star.

It is difficult to picture him as 'the man' but I think a well deserved title win to then be cashed in on by Sheamus is plausible.

I'm taking this all at face value because I genuinely haven't watched in God knows how long.

That said, i'm going to need some video evidence of him 'whipping' an audience 'into a frenzy', especially if he's getting reactions like the Bryan/Shield series.

I just can't imagine it. His style never seemed to lend itself to that, he's not fast paced nor high-flying, other than people getting into his swing move.

If he's made adjustments and is now doing THAT to an audience, good on him.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

100% agree and I've been saying it since Battleground. Even though his return was still fantastic and the crowd reaction gave me goosebumps, it makes zero sense to go after Brock now when Taker had already "returned" to face Bray Wyatt and done absolutely nothing to Brock. They were even in the same building and Lesnar had a championship match!

Did no one else notice the subtle way Heyman started dropping the Taker references back into his promos before the Rollins match. Yeah, he always mentioned the 1 in 21 stuff, but he changed the way he was talking about it and made it seem disrespectful.

I think its fine the way its happened. Taker lost, hes a proud man and let Lesnar and Heyman have their time in the sun, but eventually enough is enough and it started eating away at him that they are still boasting 18 months later.

This is about pride, not about getting revenge. I always hated the fact that most Rey Mysterio fueds were solely based on the fact that Rey lost a match fairly, so needed revenge. This has worked out perfectly personally.

I'm taking this all at face value because I genuinely haven't watched in God knows how long.

That said, i'm going to need some video evidence of him 'whipping' an audience 'into a frenzy', especially if he's getting reactions like the Bryan/Shield series.

I just can't imagine it. His style never seemed to lend itself to that, he's not fast paced nor high-flying, other than people getting into his swing move.

If he's made adjustments and is now doing THAT to an audience, good on him.

I'd say that even with Raw's roster and the general current pool of guys all being decent-very good workers, Cesaro in-ring is probably the best at the moment and that's showing through any time he steps into the ring. He's also working at a pretty fast pace I'd say, hitting moves that require extreme strength, his uppercuts are fucking over too. Yeah, he's jsut bringing it every time and is a pleasure to watch. As for crowd pops, He's not at Bryan level, but considering he's another guy who's 95% all about the in-ring, and he doesn't have a fun-to-mimic, one-syllable catchphrase (can't be understated how important this aspect is, just look at Tye Dillinger's "10!" routine on NXT this week) he's done absolutely brilliantly.