Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

You've got to look at who she shows arse for though. Vickie Guerrero on her way out the door, Ronda "not even in the company" Rousey, and Brie Bella.

Very few, if any of the actual regular performers she constantly buries on the mic, publicly humiliates or outright attacks ever get a comeback, that's why it was a momentous occasion when Sting didn't let her slap him. She's a fantastic bitch, but she does more harm to the product than good. HHH showed more arse for Rousey that she did.

Pretty sure she did it for Roman Reigns as well.

• Paid Members

You've got to look at who she shows arse for though. Vickie Guerrero on her way out the door, Ronda "not even in the company" Rousey, and Brie Bella.

Very few, if any of the actual regular performers she constantly buries on the mic, publicly humiliates or outright attacks ever get a comeback, that's why it was a momentous occasion when Sting didn't let her slap him. She's a fantastic bitch, but she does more harm to the product than good. HHH showed more arse for Rousey that she did.

Pretty sure she did it for Roman Reigns as well.

Must have been good then as I don't remember it at all, but then that's Roman Reigns for you.

• Paid Members

No one remembers because it meant nothing. She should show arse at rare times, and when she did at Survivors it was superb. What did it lead to though, absolutely fuck all in the long run.

I think Steph is a cracking bitch character. But sometimes it's just too overbearing at times. Everyone has no balls around her. Sting showed balls and it was ace, then get husband beat him up and he shook his hand afterward.

She'll get tapped out to Rousey, then the next night, come out in a sling and a week later probably fucking about like nothing happened. The Authority angle needs winding down somehow. It's been 18 months.

Edited by WWFChilli

She rarely shows arse,

I think we've covered this ;

Yeah that's the difference between Vince and Steph. Vince would constantly show his arse and get his comeuppance. Steph never does.

She did at WrestleMania last year, and this year. And several times in between.

Yeah. Steph & Hunter's mutual meltdown at Survivors was brilliant. That's your payoff to her being such a great heel, stuff like that.

Maybe you've still got a case for "rarely" but that's the point? If Steph was getting her comeuppance EVERY week it wouldn't be as satisfying.

I do think the babyfaces are often made to look weak and stupid by having to put up with some of Steph's verbals, but that doesn't take away from the fact she's a great performer. Absolutely fantastic bitch.

Well thanks for settling that lads. Glad you put that to rest

She's shit, one of the reasons I don't watch every week. Ruins every segment and drags the whole of Raw down. She gets the better of everyone most of the time and very few people ever get revenge. Show arse lolol cool buzzword bro

Why should anyone be allowed to make most the roster look like shit all year round, then put over a handful of people? Rousey is the only person who has genuinely come away looking better from interaction with Steph, and she doesn't even work in WWE. Sting caught an arm, really? Has she really set the bar that low? Catching an arm is a worthy payoff from all the shit she does? Not really, because as soon as Sting caught her arm HHH showed up and things actually began to matter

Women shouldn't be heel authority figures in WWE, it doesn't work. At least with Triple H you can actually put him in matches against guys like Bryan and Sting. At any point a wrestler could twat him. You know, he can actually get involved in the wrestling aspect of things.

What can you do with Steph? She's just gonna watch one of her mates/husband get battered and she's gonna shout and cry. That's not a good payoff. It's not worth burying most the roster.

Could quite happily never see her again

Yeah I'd agree with pretty much all of the above post

The only time she's ever been in a position to get her comeuppance was the program with Brie and, arrest angle aside, she had nothing go against her in the build up then won the blow off match, who did that benefit? Oh yeah, we ended up with a Bella reunion off it, great

• Paid Members

What can you do with Steph? She's just gonna watch one of her mates/husband get battered and she's gonna shout and cry. That's not a good payoff.

I think it's a fantastic payoff if it entertains me, and seeing Steph throw a wobbler when Daniel Bryan won the belt or Team Authority lost at Survivors entertained me hugely.

I think what this seems to boiling down to is that people don't think a heel is getting their comeuppance unless they're physically beaten up? I don't get that. Some of my favourite memories of Vince getting his payback were not him being physically abused by watching him break down when his guys were getting foiled by Austin or Rock.

• Paid Members

But Steph rarely even does that. And the less than 5 times she's done it since the Authority angle began the following week she's back on top for another 6 months before it happens again.

She is a terrible boring character who kills other wrestlers heat and angles almost every week. I don't understand how anyone can argue against this

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I find her as irritating as fuck but that's the point. She's a bossy cunt with a horrible manner who you'd happily see get punched in the face.

She does show ass occasionally but she's there to draw heat on The Authority. And in fairness, if she wasn't out there being a cunt, The Authority would have no heat at all.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I find her as irritating as fuck but that's the point. She's a bossy cunt with a horrible manner who you'd happily see get punched in the face.

She does show ass occasionally but she's there to draw heat on The Authority. And in fairness, if she wasn't out there being a cunt, The Authority would have no heat at all.

But she doesn't get punched in the face or even get her comeuppance so what's the point?

Name one babyface she has gotten over. There isn't one. That should be the whole point of her job!

And also in fairness, the Authority are a boring and shit group that should never have come back. They are the pinnacle and perfect example of today's lazy booking.

I think what this seems to boiling down to is that people don't think a heel is getting their comeuppance unless they're physically beaten up? I don't get that. Some of my favourite memories of Vince getting his payback were not him being physically abused by watching him break down when his guys were getting foiled by Austin or Rock.

What it boils down to is she had an argument with Paul Heyman backstage a decade ago or something, so some people have had a weird grudge ever since and everything she ever does will be wrong -- at least in the cases where the people complaining she doesn't get her comeuppance (which she does, as you've covered) are the same ones who complain when Cena wins his feuds. Are we into stories where the good guy saves the day and gets revenge on the bad guy or do we want to see the bad guys come out on top?

Fair play to her for being one of the few performers who is up for going out there and completely committing to playing a villain.

What can you do with Steph? She's just gonna watch one of her mates/husband get battered and she's gonna shout and cry. That's not a good payoff.

I think it's a fantastic payoff if it entertains me, and seeing Steph throw a wobbler when Daniel Bryan won the belt or Team Authority lost at Survivors entertained me hugely.

It's entertaining, but hardly a payoff worthy of taking away all credibility of whoever she works with for months to build it up. No one is that good at throwing a tantrum to make it worth while.

I think wrestling storylines building upto a match involving the participants is a pretty important aspect of wrestling to be honest.

She isn't getting heat for the Authority either. Big Show and Kane aren't over because of it. Rollins is doing fine at getting his own heat. HHH doesn't need anybody to get heat

Well I don't think she gets her comeuppance 

And you're wrong, but that's fine. Everyone needs an on-screen hate figure or two that they have to cry about, right? But in cases where people have both "hero who wins" Cena and "villain who doesn't lose" Stephanie as their bugbears and reasoning, they'll never be happy because they hate both the traditional ending to a story and any variation from it.

Sorry Pitcos, but as usual your entirely wrong. You manage to constantly miss the point and make yourself look stupid in (what I hope is) an attempt to troll people.

Im starting to wonder if you were ever a good poster, or if that's just a rumour similar to "Albert was good in Japan."