Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

It wasn't smelly at all! There was a small girl getting right in the faces of the heels, though. That was good.

In other news, I read an April 1992 edition of the Wrestling Observer last night which had Tammy Sytch - Tammy fricking Sytch - in the reader's pages, asking for photos of Chris Candito (sic). She gave her home address! Time machine???

• Paid Members

I've seen her there too, that's always interesting when you see names like her, Russo and Prazak there regularly sending letters.

What's your plan once you get that time machine though?

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading an induction on Wrestlecrap and they have a little dig at the WWF for not putting Flair vs Hogan on PPV then smarmily pointing out they did big business in WCW

Was it not simply a case that Flair wasn't as famous to WWF fans as Hogan was to WCW fans? plus at the time some 40 odd year old bloke about 6 inches shorter and about 70 pounds lighter than Hogan wouldn't exactly have screamed threat to Hogan's fans, was this not the reason they never put the two together in '91/'92?

• Paid Members

WWF was in a weird position because they kind of acknowledged Flair's titles for WCW but couldn't go as far as ever recognising them as being worth anything, because that would lend credibility to their rivals. So any feud built on anything other than you saw on WWF TV was impossible to get over.

• Paid Members

The house shows were supposedly the reason but yeah, stand Flair and Sid next to each other and who do you think Vince was going with.

For what it's worth, as a kid brought up on WWF, I thought Flair was just some shite skinny old man.

Yeah as a diehard WWF kid I was gutted Flair won the '92 Rumble because I perceived him as looking skinny and ancient, especially compared to fucking SID JUSTICE, coupled with the fact that just after seeing it I was shown a tape of him tapping Neidhart out, who I loved because he was a head the ball, on Superstars or something. I couldn't get my head around how he could batter any of the people he was going up against because he seemed so boring. I still don't think my dad's forgiven Piper for not launching him over the top rope in that Rumble when he gets him up for the gorilla press.

Edited by Cannibal Man