Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Watching WWE for the first time in ages (WWE Superstars on Sky) and can’t believe crowds are still chanting “WHAT?!” after over ten years. Stone Cold only used that catchphrase for about a year during and just after the Alliance storyline, didn’t he?

Interesting point; I wonder if everyone chanting even realises the origin of the chant.

Crows chants are a big issue for me

My latest gripe is the 'CM Punk' chant during every AJ Lee match/segment.....What are they expecting? Aj to say thank you? Do the go to sleep?

They've been tightening their belts for a while now, so no chance of any interesting new PPV sets unfortunately. Seems a shame they don't dust off some bits from old sets to reuse, aren't they still in this mythical WWE warehouse?

Is the warehouse mythical? They've shown plenty of clips of it and the stuff they keep.

On another note, the reason for WWE keeping their logo in what would be the bottom left of a 4:3 aspect ratio when they went to HD must have been so it didn't distract when you went from old clips to new clips. Now they have it in the botton right they've gone against that. To be fair, as I'm writing this, I realise the logo doesn't stand out as much as the old one and is a different logo so probably isn't as much of a problem.

That has to be one of the dullest topics I've talked about.

I watched Bret Hart v Diesel from the 1994 King of the Ring tonight. I really enjoyed it. No convoluted high spots or over-elaborate sequences and a great story to boot about whether Bret could deal with a 7 foot guy, avoid the Jackknife and find someone to nullify the influence of Shawn Michaels. Without trying to sound old fashioned, I liked wrestling the way it was back then.