Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Stream of words

What are you smoking? And you really should stop. This makes less sense than TNA's booking decisions.

Big Fanny, why do you quote things what are not there?

what bit can you not understand?

I will bite. Why does regal have an office? He hasn't been a gm in years

So you only bought mania for backstage skits. And the taker punk match, twice

Knodhead. Regal is royalty just because they dont show his office on tv, it doesnt mean he doesnt have one. Ps- big fanny is a shit name.

Stream of words

What are you smoking? And you really should stop. This makes less sense than TNA's booking decisions.

Big Fanny, why do you quote things what are not there?

what bit can you not understand?

I will bite. Why does regal have an office? He hasn't been a gm in years

So you only bought mania for backstage skits. And the taker punk match, twice

Knodhead. Regal is royalty just because they dont show his office on tv, it doesnt mean he doesnt have one. Ps- big fanny is a shit name.

Was you who called someone a big fanny? And I think you just attempted to call me a knob head, when I'm trying to make sense of what you keep babbling. Can't you have a discussion without abuse??

Since it looks like Mark Henry injured himself on a house show it leaves Big Show without a partner for what looked like a rivalry for the tag team championships that belong to The Shield. I think it's a good time to reform 'Show-Miz', this storyline could turn Miz into a more sympathetic character and I'd love to see Miz in the ring with The Shield. Anyone got any picks for Show's new partner? (Assuming he doesn't go into a singles feud).

Edited by thesimonbegz

• Awards Moderator

It's high time we had a 10th Wonder of the World. Who could qualify, though? Would you go for another giant bloke, freakish lady, super-built bloke, ultra-fast-and-flippy?

(I'm not seriously suggesting this, of course, but it would be fun trying to think of someone)

• Paid Members
9th wonder of the world? evens pays homage to Andre in a way.

Nah, a poor imitation. Andre was the 8th Wonder, that's part of what made it such a great nickname. Chyna was just a butch woman with a fragile ego.

Incidentally, my whole musing on this began when I realised that in the lyrics of a song by the Joe Satriani/Chad Smith/half of Van Halen supergroup Chickenfoot they refer to being "like a 9th world wonder", meaning even rock legends recognise Andre as the 8th.

As for a 10th? If he'd stuck around long enough, TNA probably would have thrown that moniker on Matt Morgan eventually.

• Paid Members
9th wonder of the world? evens pays homage to Andre in a way.

I thought that was shit, for precisely that reason.

(1) Part of the reason "the Eighth Wonder of the World" is so great, is that you know what it means. A non-wrestling fan would appreciate what it means ; there are seven wonders of the (ancient) world, the character you are talking about is therefore going to be a very impressive individual. You don't need to be a wrestling fan to understand that.

For "Ninth Wonder of the World" to resonate, you have to be a wrestling fan and know that Andre "was the Eighth." It's self-referential for the wrestling business, so I think it's a bit cringe-worthy.

(2) In terms of "wonder" Chyna was fucking nothing compared to Andre in his prime, when he truly earned his moniker. In his presence, people were left utterly agog. When Hunter first used the term "Ninth Wonder of the World" on TV, I thought "Come off it. Your mrs does not warrant comparison to Andre."

Anyone think this Heyman vs Punk fued will lead to the debut of Corey Graves? I swear the phrase "Stay Down" has been used a bunch of times by Heyman, and Axel used the phrase in a tweet during Raw. Plus, he looks like a cut price version of Punk, so it would kind of fit. I'm almost certainly looking at it way too subtly, but the thought just kind of occurred to me.

• Paid Members
It's high time we had a 10th Wonder of the World. Who could qualify, though? Would you go for another giant bloke, freakish lady, super-built bloke, ultra-fast-and-flippy?

(I'm not seriously suggesting this, of course, but it would be fun trying to think of someone)

Big E Langston. Master of the Five Count. 2nd ever Nxt champion, 10th Wonder of the World. Got a ring to it.

Edited by Duke

Big E Langston. Master of the Five Count. 1st ever Nxt champion, 10th Wonder of the World. Got a ring to it.

Seth Rollins didn't count.