Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Do we think that now with Rey in Lucha Underground and having a lot more time to play with for shows on the network, we could be getting someone breaking the longevity record this year? Even if they don't go on to win it as number 1 as that would be a bit obvious?! Especially when they're playing it up as the biggest one ever!

Thoughts?

When they announced its in a stadium, I started thinking it would be 40 again this year , give more chance to bring some old names back or a few Nxt entrants.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure if I didn't like the last one because it was 40 men or because of the talent but it doesn't fill me with enthusiasm that idea. Saying that atleast we don't need to worry about the nexus turning up

I would love Bobby Roode to be a surprise entrant and win it. Get a bit of shock facter back. It's my favourite event of the year, but the winner has been obvious for ages now. Cena's was the last time I didnt predict the winner.

Although Santino nearly winning was great and completely unexpected

• Awards Moderator

15 from Raw, 15 from SmackDown, 5 from NXT and 5 TBDs who can be surprises. That'd be alright. The last 40-man one holds up on a rewatch (check my review in the Review A Royal Rumble thread!) because of the way they almost split the stories of the match into sections or chapters - the Nexus bit, the Cena bit, etc.

• Paid Members

Have WWE missed an absolute trick with this current speight of Killer Clowns on the march in not bringing back Doink?

Putting someone in the suit and facepaint and just generally turning up in audiences during matches and being in shot fleetingly, progressing to background shots backstage to eventually hitting the ring with a run in on RAW (they have the Halloween slot).

They obviously could give it a little revamp, but it could have worked I feel.

• Paid Members

Probably would have got a lot of shit off their sponsors and parent groups if they promoted the clown craze. I'd have liked it, though. Didnt even have to be doink. Just an updated version of a nutter in clown makeup. Takes a right kind of guy to play it, though.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay