Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I can't imagine many people will agree with me on this, but I'd love WWE to use more early 2000s nu-metal type songs for their PPVs.  A Saliva song would instantly make a PPV watchable.  I can't put up with the shit from C-List rappers they use these days.

I can't imagine many people will agree with me on this, but I'd love WWE to use more early 2000s nu-metal type songs for their PPVs.  A Saliva song would instantly make a PPV watchable.  I can't put up with the shit from C-List rappers they use these days.

Fair enough if that's you feel mate but that's insane. The variety of music in WWE is pretty great these days with the exception of the theme songs they use for the weekly shows, which still owe much to their appalling Nu Metal predecessors. If there's one thing from the early 2000s that I wouldn't bring back it's the music.

Honestly, the shit rap songs they use for most PPVs put me off watching almost as much as the commentary and constant rematches do.  Just appalling on every level.  On the other hand, I still get pumped listening to Saliva's Always at the start of Survivor Series 2002.

While i agree the generic rap shit is tiresome, they have used some decent tunes recently. Motionless in White the other month and We Are Harlot, who put out a great debut album, for SummerSlam.

The music they used for that time worked perfectly. They were part of the package that made it what it was. My Way is the most prominent example, but the Steiner vs. Test promo video was a good one as well as Triple H vs. Michaels at Bad Blood 2003. The aforementioned Survivor Series 2002 too. Something like Flo Rida doesn't get you feeling the match is a grudge, more that it's entertainment and it's a spectacle. That's what they want now though - rightly or wrongly, they think that will appeal to more people.

They do use heavier songs, but they're never synonymous with the events or feud like the ones mentioned.

Edited by Sphinx

Which one?  The Disturbed version was pretty good.  He had a few more afterwards that would have been OK for new wrestler, but totally wrong for Austin.  The one he came out to at Survivor Series 2001 is a guilty pleasure, I can't get Youtube up on my work PC, but it's the one that has a weird heavy breathing part half way through, sort of like "haa hee haa hee haa hee".

As its my birthday, I thought I'd find out what was going on in the world of wrestling 33 years ago today and discovered that Bret Hart was wrestling Tiger mask in this pretty decent match from Nagoya Japan as I was popping into the world. Probably not remotely interesting to anyone else but the match is worth watching - and it's got a Dynamite Kid cameo too.

part 1

Part 2

Just watched some of Summerslam 93 on the network and noticed what a chunky monkey Shawn Michaels was back in 93. I recall in interviews he's said he put on a lot of weight around that time due to trying to go toe to toe with Nash at the buffet table. Do we think this is the most rotund (and with that mullet to boot least 'sexy boy' HBK) we ever saw or is there evidence of his waistline expanding even further in this time period?

• Paid Members

He was suspended in September and returned to the WWF to replace Lawler at the Survivor Series when he got arrested.

I think he might have actually quit the company around that time because of it. Which is funny, because he was actually up for grabs around that period and you never think of Michaels being openly available at any point in his WWF career. Surprised WCW didnt really throw the money at him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay