Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Really get annoyed when Cesaro does the swing and the crowd count along. They just count, not along with the swings at all. Usually by the time they've counted to 6 he has barely done 3 swings.

Oh god this bothers me too, it's so shit, after about 2 swings they start counting 2 for every swing.

Bryan Alvarez on the latest radio show up on the observer site is absolutely unbearable.

I always find him pretty smug but at least when he's with Meltzer he's less of a dick and more professional. With others he's such a prick. He just completely contradicts himself over and over and in the end the other guy just loses the will to argue.

The free sport magazine that you get on the tube on Friday mornings did a four page spread on WrestleMania today. It looked really out of place and had loads of errors in it, not just factual errors that a wrestling fan would spot but grammatical and formatting errors too. For example it switched between arabic and roman numerals to represent the events willy-nilly, and said that Cena got his revenge over the Rock at WMXXVIIV, which I don't think is even a real number.

• Paid Members
Bryan Alvarez on the latest radio show up on the observer site is absolutely unbearable.

I always find him pretty smug but at least when he's with Meltzer he's less of a dick and more professional. With others he's such a prick. He just completely contradicts himself over and over and in the end the other guy just loses the will to argue.

Alvarez is a big reason why I took my $10 the other day and signed up for the Torch instead of the Observer.

Really get annoyed when Cesaro does the swing and the crowd count along. They just count, not along with the swings at all. Usually by the time they've counted to 6 he has barely done 3 swings.

Sort of on the same subject.

I was watching an episode of SmackDown from 2000 today and completely forgot that Albert used to do the win swing in the match. It didn't look half as good as Cesaro though.

• Paid Members

Hey, just all this talk of him looking his age a bit more now backstage, all the talk of possible takeovers etc etc. Has me thinking about that day and what kind of impact it will have outside the industry. I mean somebody saw him yawning recently, apparently, that's insane.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

I think it would make the papers but not the front page. Would probably get an obituary in The Guardian, Dimebag Darrell got a full page there in 2004, I could see Vince getting at least half a page. Could maybe see it appearing online news outlets.

Doubt it would make the television news though, certainly not in the UK.

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

That the Todd Martin show? That's kind of the gimmick there, Alvarez trying to exasperate Todd and Todd getting the better of him logically and/or giving up. It's all in jest, I love those shows. It's kind of a Gervais/Pilkington dynamic, except Todd isn't thick.

Alvarez is a big reason why I took my $10 the other day and signed up for the Torch instead of the Observer.

Yikes, good luck to you mate. I know Alvarez acts the prick but I'd put up with him all day to get Meltzers newz over putting up with Wade Keller and his axes to grind. I had Torch for a month and I don't think they broke single news story.

• Paid Members

Breaking news isn't really my issue. As soon as Meltzer reports anything like that it's everywhere for free. I just tend to enjoy the audio shows more, plus the Torch Talk archives. I can't stand Pat McNeill mind you.