Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Yeah that Josh Mathews rant was a bit out of the blue. The "STONE COLD STONE" line did make me laugh.

I liked Ryback mocking the "Goldberg" chants in his match. Him vs Y2J was pretty shite though. Was odd that Henry was presented as a babyface this week. I'd like to see him beat Sheamus and go on to feud with a (babyface) Ziggler for the world title. I love strap matches for some reason so I'm looking forward to that one.

Bryan vs Ambrose was a great little match. Ambrose is such a great villain. The idea of Hell No/Kofi vs the Shield is good if it ends up with Shield monopolising the belts before heading on to the proper ones.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

I am almost certain they have no idea it was Shane Douglas who got kicked out of Raw last year. That shit went so far under the radar it was barely reported. Its a different run company these days anyway. A different section of the company deals with the media side. Joey Styles and that lot send their cameras around to wrestlers houses or hometowns to interview them. Vince or Triple H dont have to deal with the likes of Shane Douglas and Vince Russo when they pop up on DVDs. Their website is full of praise for the likes of Raven who is on the WWE enemies list as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I've been working through Nitro from 1996 onwards. I'm just before Spring Stampede 1997 and the angle with DDP/NWO is great television.

Please come back and post again when you get as far as Randy Savage VS La Parka.

I've been working through Nitro from 1996 onwards. I'm just before Spring Stampede 1997 and the angle with DDP/NWO is great television.

Please come back and post again when you get as far as Randy Savage VS La Parka.

La Parka is excellent and I'm a fan. The heel turn from Savage was much needed. When about's is the match between the two?

I've just watched Spring Stampede 1997 which wasn't as good as I was expecting apart from the main event really. I never knew that this was the infamous event where Booker blurts out the word "NIGGA" at the end of his promo saying he's gonna win the four corners match and face Hogan for the strap. It's an incredible promo, Booker and Stevie deliver the goods but Booker ruined it with that line. The expression on his face and body language after saying it are hilarious.

Also a question about this period, what happened to Scott Hall? Is he off TV due to story line or actual real life? I could look online but I can someone on here would have a better explanation for what occurred during this period of time.

• Paid Members
La Parka is excellent and I'm a fan. The heel turn from Savage was much needed. When about's is the match between the two?

In the build up to Bash At The Beach. Scott Hall accompanies Savage and goes to give Zbyszko some grief at the commentary desk. It's one of my favourite matches of 1997, possibly ever.

Also a question about this period, what happened to Scott Hall? Is he off TV due to story line or actual real life?

Rehab. Hall was fighting the demon drink at the time, and for most of the next 15 years.

• Paid Members

I know John Cena has alot of fans on here and there is no denying he delivers in the big matches but I'm watching his segment with Ryback from Raw and I have to say that to me I don't think there has ever been a wrestler as unfunny and annoying on the microphone. He's such a unlikeable twat.

In the build up to Bash At The Beach. Scott Hall accompanies Savage and goes to give Zbyszko some grief at the commentary desk. It's one of my favourite matches of 1997, possibly ever.

Also a question about this period, what happened to Scott Hall? Is he off TV due to story line or actual real life?

Rehab. Hall was fighting the demon drink at the time, and for most of the next 15 years.

Cheers for that man. Looking forward to seeing it too. The whole Cruiserweight line-up during this period is remarkable. Shame about Hall I'm sure I remember that coming up during a shoot interview I've watched over the years.

Always though the Iron Von Erich claw was awful myself

I always hated the claw too, but then I saw Barry Windham hold Dusty Rhodes in the claw for a full six minutes in their match at The Great American Bash 88. Words cannot describe how good Dusty's selling was here. On that occasion, the claw looked like a real killer submission.