UFC 151: 'The Event That Never Was'

wandshogun09

Jon Jones says "that doesn't work for me brother"  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

He's completely within his right to turn down whatever fight he wants.

He's just an idiot for turning down an easier, more lucrative fight that has a built-in excuse and automatic re-match if he loses, in favour of a far more difficult, less lucrative fight where he doesn't have the built in excuse or automatic rematch. All whilst pissing off his bosses, the most powerful men in the sport, as well as a shit load of fans.

When asked about if the Machida fight was signed, he said the bout agreements were sent and Jones knows about the fight. It should be noted that just two days ago, Jones reiterated that he didn't want to fight Machida because he's a businessman and he didn't think the Machida fight would do well on PPV.

In retrospect, that line is fucking hilarious. He's the worst businessman in the sport right now.

EDIT: Also, this story further proves what a great, great man Chael Sonnen is. He's the best.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Tried to add a poll on if peeps in here think Bones was right or wrong to turn down the Sonnen fight but it's seems to have carried over previous votes.

Like everything else related to this event, it's gone tits up so fuck it :laugh:

Thanks Rey for the link, listening to it now.

• Paid Members
Well, thats my trip to Vegas not being as good as it was going to be. Fuck Jon Jones. Why on earth would you not take the Sonnen fight.

:angry:

Oh shit I knew someone on here was planning on going. This whole thing sucks balls.

Archived