UFC 151: 'The Event That Never Was'

wandshogun09

Jon Jones says "that doesn't work for me brother"  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say if it is Lyoto Machida, challenge for Bones to get used to Machida's style again in nine days.

That WOULD be crazy. Or at least Machida would be. I'd imagine Machida would have been asked and he would have rightly told them to fuck off.

We'll soon see:

iexzUuxGv.gif

FrontRowBrian ‏@FrontRowBrian

Jon Jones will have a lot of explaining to do.

???

Like you, I think it will be Chael Sonnen or Rich Franklin. If it's Franklin, I wonder how many times he's helped them by taking a fight. Franklin stepped in for Belfort when it was supposed to be Belfort vs. Silva II this year

Why the Fuck would you give Rich Franklin and title shot. Franklin's last fight at 205 was against Forrest Griffin (who he lost convicingly to). There is a world of difference between stepping up to face Silva and stepping into a world title fight in a division in which your last fight was a loss. How has Franklin earned the shot? What about the number 1 conteder Lyoto?

As for Sonnen. That would be a massive mistake and what justification would you have for the fight? What has Sonnen done at 205 to earn the shot either?

Like you, I think it will be Chael Sonnen or Rich Franklin. If it's Franklin, I wonder how many times he's helped them by taking a fight. Franklin stepped in for Belfort when it was supposed to be Belfort vs. Silva II this year

Why the Fuck would you give Rich Franklin and title shot. Franklin's last fight at 205 was against Forrest Griffin (who he lost convicingly to). There is a world of difference between stepping up to face Silva and stepping into a world title fight in a division in which your last fight was a loss. How has Franklin earned the shot? What about the number 1 conteder Lyoto?

As for Sonnen. That would be a massive mistake and what justification would you have for the fight? What has Sonnen done at 205 to earn the shot either?

I don't think either should get a title shot for the reasons you give. I think Franklin would take the fight if offered considering he's stepped in and helped the UFC in the past and I don't think Sonnen would turn down a fight with Jones with only nine days notice. The short time between now and the event is happening has caused difficulties in picking a replacement.

• Paid Members
EDIT: I like your sig Wand, for a ugly bastard Hendo is swimming in it there.

Philanderin' Dan had a cauliflower cock to match his cauliflower ears that night. He's such a man he's dropping the H-Bomb on bitches three at a time.

I reckon Henderson is injured, Jones refused all other fights, card is cancelled and all other fights will be placed on other cards.

Well that would certainly be crazy. I hope not.

Archived