UFC 151: 'The Event That Never Was'

wandshogun09

Jon Jones says "that doesn't work for me brother"  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he was to be replaced, I'm sure company man Rich Franklin would get a phone call. However I agree Hendo will likely tough it out. Also, it gives him a decent excuse if he loses to setup a rematch off of.

UFC like Franklin, Franklin's bailed them out before. I think Franklin would accept the fight if he was given it.

Hopefully we'll find out what's happening for sure ASAP.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But Wanderlei Silva, Cro Cop and the Nogs have all been tarred with the roid brush in the past and they've coped without TRT so why can't Hendo and Marquardt?

Fair enough Hendo is older and has had more success than them guys so maybe it could be down to help from TRT in part but Anderson Silva is pushing 40, not on TRT and is the best fighter on the planet.

I don't know. Maybe these guys don't really 'need' TRT.

Funnily enough, Gross used to have Hendo down as his poster boy for anti-doping during the Pride days if you read this.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/An-Op...Dana-White-8345

"Unfortunately, it seems for every Dan Henderson (Pictures) there are 10 guys on the opposite end of the spectrum"

• Paid Members
Cheers for that, he has pulled out then I take it.

That is 7pm our time for those wondering.

Well, it hasn't said he's pulled out, but I can't imagine why they would be making an announcement if he hadn't!?

They would just put something on their official website. This aint looking good.

Yeah that was my logic, why have the conference if something was not happening. If he was taking part then Dana may just debunk it on Twitter.

Anyone know if it would be possible to postpone the card a few weeks or something?

EDIT: Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani

"Special announcement." That's all it said. 90 minutes from now.

• Paid Members

Depending on how severe the injury is a few weeks might not be enough. I doubt they could postpone it now anyway. The tickets are sold, the PPV time slot set, media stuff booked etc etc. Its too late for that.

To be honest I'd rather he pulls out than go in there one-legged. If that messes up one card so be it. Only other solution would be for Dana to take a lead pipe to Jones' leg to even things up.

• Paid Members

It has to be Chael then. Franklin's possible but not what I'd call 'crazy'.

Only other thing I can think that would fit the 'crazy' mold would be if Jones is taking a fight at heavyweight as a one-off. Could be possible and he's talked heavyweight recently. But who?

Archived