UFC 151: 'The Event That Never Was'

wandshogun09

Jon Jones says "that doesn't work for me brother"  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
The peoples champ of MMA I would say is Liddel or Couture

i hear you on that, i just mean now. Tito Ortiz calling himself the People's Champ really irked me and that's why i referred to Hendo being what Ortiz claimed to be.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Whilst you do lose testosterone as you get older, TRT is only really prescribed if you have very low levels of it. A big cause for low levels of testosterone is hypogonadism which the main cause of is useage of steroids when they're younger.

This is a valid point. Fighters like Hendo and Marquardt fought in Japan a lot in their younger days where steroid use wasn't as frowned upon.

But Wanderlei Silva, Cro Cop and the Nogs have all been tarred with the roid brush in the past and they've coped without TRT so why can't Hendo and Marquardt?

Fair enough Hendo is older and has had more success than them guys so maybe it could be down to help from TRT in part but Anderson Silva is pushing 40, not on TRT and is the best fighter on the planet.

I don't know. Maybe these guys don't really 'need' TRT.

I'm going with a Jones KO, he does everything everytime that no one expects him too. It'll be destructive elbows I believe, too fast for Hendo to see and no doubt who the greatest LHW of all time is, Jon Jones.

The peoples champ of MMA I would say is Liddel or Couture

i hear you on that, i just mean now. Tito Ortiz calling himself the People's Champ really irked me and that's why i referred to Hendo being what Ortiz claimed to be.

Yeah Hendo and even until recently Forrest were more "peoples champion's" that Ortiz will ever be.

I'm going with a Jones KO, he does everything everytime that no one expects him too. It'll be destructive elbows I believe, too fast for Hendo to see and no doubt who the greatest LHW of all time is, Jon Jones.

I can see this fight going 3 or 4 rounds, whilst Jones has the speed advatange, he doesn't have the strength and Hendo has some great wrestling ability. We've not really seen Jones do much off his back, so I could see Jones getting taken down then smashed with ground and pound. Hendo has a good chin and knockout power, so there's every chance he gets within Jones' range and hit him with a big shot.

• Paid Members

Jones seems to be a bit of a master at guaging distance though, against Rashad he was doing that annoying thing where he stands there with his hands out almost holding the other guys hands but he's got such a reach advantage that it still allows him to stay out of punching range. Hendo's gotta try and go forward and not allow Jones to do that, Rashad did and it ended up with Rashad not throwing much of note. All i want is Hendo to try and make a fight out if, people just seem to be freezing up against Jones...which is a testament to how good he is really.

• Paid Members

Yeah I don't know if Hendo will have much luck trying taking Jones down. Rashad, Bader, Shogun, Hamill, Vlad, O'Brien. None of them came close. And they're all good-great takedown artists. Not one takedown or even a nearly-takedown. Jones has good wrestling himself combined with his reach which makes timing takedowns on him even more tricky.

So I don't see Hendo getting the takedown myself. He might try one or two early on maybe to see how it goes but I think he'll go back to looking for the KO on the feet if it fails.

Kenny Florian ‏@kennyflorian

Hearing that we may have some disappointed @UFC fans soon due to some unfortunate circumstances for an upcoming card. ��

http://twitter.com/kennyflorian

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter

If what I'm hearing is correct, UFC 151 may be in desperate need of a main event. And that sucks.

http://twitter.com/jeremybotter

Fuck. Worst case scenario for the UFC if true.

• Paid Members

Just seen something FrontRowBrian put on Twitter

Someone described the brace Hendo is wearing as a "Stone Cold Steve Austin brace".

So unless that's bollocks, Hendo's fucked his knee up big style. This is shit, just the worst.

edit

also from FrontRowBrian

Rumor going around Hendo was injured by Thierry Sokoudjou at some point in this camp. Appears he'll press on.. if he has to crawl to cage.

And someone tweeted Matt Lindland asking about the rumour to which Lindland replied "Rumour?". Doesn't sound good at all.

Balls.

Just seen something FrontRowBrian put on Twitter

Someone described the brace Hendo is wearing as a "Stone Cold Steve Austin brace".

So unless that's bollocks, Hendo's fucked his knee up big style. This is shit, just the worst.

Fuck.

Lyoto Machida might get that Anderson Silva money he asked for to fight on short notice Rashad Evans at UFC 133 when Phil Davis was injured. I'm throwing names out here: the aforementioned Lyoto Machida, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin? Who would fight Jones on such short notice?

• Paid Members

There's really only Machida but I doubt it on this notice. He took the last fight on short notice as well. What else can they do. By the sounds of it though Hendo is still fighting Jones on one leg. He's fucking mental.

Oh and if that rumour is true then fuck Sokoudjou up the arse with a burning cactus. Clumsy berk.

There's really only Machida but I doubt it on this notice. He took the last fight on short notice as well. What else can they do. By the sounds of it though Hendo is still fighting Jones on one leg. He's fucking mental.

If Henderson fights with an injured knee, I'm already wincing at the push kicks to the knee.

Oh and if that rumour is true then fuck Sokoudjou up the arse with a burning cactus. Clumsy berk.

Heh.

Archived