Impact Wrestling August 2 discussion, spoilers, etc.

pgi86

I thought it was another good one. The opening tag, Kash/Chavo and the main event were fun TV matches. The Aces & 8s story continued with them essentially threatening to take out Brooke Hogan and the "James Storm is behind the attacks" plot was furthered. Wes Brisco (son of Gerald Brisco) showed up in a completely random segment with Kurt Angle and was looking to join the roster, which I found to be interesting since Wes is one of the rumored names linked with the Aces and 8s gang. Joseph Park talked about kay-fab-ing people and apparently his firm is now representing a couple of TNA wrestlers. Looking forward to Joseph learning new insider terms. That was amusing. Wonder who his clients will end up being? Daniels and Kazarian were on form yet again and continue to carry the Claire Lynch storyline. The Kazarian bit with the baby was tremendous. And that's about it. What did you guys think about the show?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Decent show. Nothing special, but there wasn't anything bad on it. Enjoyable for the most part. I thought the final angle would have been better, but still. Really enjoyed the Sting and Jospeh Park skit. Wes Brisco looks great as well. Well dressed man.

James Storm is just about dead, I reckon. They've either over shot their target by not pulling the trigger months ago or people just aren't into him as a top face and probably won't be. When he was working with Hardy they booed him, when he was working AJ they were more into Styles and last night they were chanting "Cowboy Sucks" when there was a little duel chant going on. And he isn't as over as Aries. I can see why as well. He isn't as spectacular as Aries or Styles. He isn't as good as Kurt Angle and he isn't as naturally charismatic as Hardy. I'm not feeling him at the minute. There seems to be something missing with him. I like him and everything, but his character isn't lending itself well to a main event position.

I'd rather see Joe or AJ vs Aries at Bound For Glory than Roode vs Storm again. What with 20 points going to the winner on Sunday and all his games in hand, Styles could be well up there soon.

Joseph Park will end up getting involved in the legal situation between AJ and that stupid pregnant lass.

One of the two of them will hire him, AJ to get a test on the child to prove it is not his, or that crappy actress to screw AJ out of his money for the kid.

I have a feeling TNA are going with the double bluff, making people think it is Storm, then when they stop thinking it then it will be revealed he was behind it all along.

Can see Roode and Storm switching face and heel roles too.

I was just about to say that - I can see Storm ACTUALLY being part of the Aces & 8s, and them turning him heel. A subsequent turn by Roode would work for me as well, as he's an absolutely fabulous face.

They're still really light on heels, but presumably this biker gang will provide them with an endless supply for the next 6 months or so.

Good show, they should have given the brawl at the end more time instead of going off the air just as it kicks off. I can definitely see Storm being behind Aces and Eights, I know I was all for another Roode vs Storm showdown but the way its going Im not all that bothered and thats not a bad thing. Could they even have Storm and Roode both as heels? (who hate each other obviously) Hard to tell with the Impact Zone lot but I think they might have just been chanting Cowboy sucks for the sake of it just to have a dueling chant, (there was another strange chant earlier, but cant remember who it was for) or else there are some people that believe hes in the A and 8's already, or there are some people that just dislike him, hard to know.

Daniels and Kaz are fantastic, get some more Tag Teams and let them feud away cause they're a fairly entertaining duo who deserve more than the Claire Lynch guff.

Loved the opening, Im fairly sure Kenny King is gonna be a mega star soon enough.

Chavo vs Kid Kash was good too, I can see a Chavo vs Devon TV Title Feud !

I really did miss Samoa Joe this week.

Good show, they should have given the brawl at the end more time instead of going off the air just as it kicks off. I can definitely see Storm being behind Aces and Eights, I know I was all for another Roode vs Storm showdown but the way its going Im not all that bothered and thats not a bad thing. Could they even have Storm and Roode both as heels? (who hate each other obviously) Hard to tell with the Impact Zone lot but I think they might have just been chanting Cowboy sucks for the sake of it just to have a dueling chant, (there was another strange chant earlier, but cant remember who it was for) or else there are some people that believe hes in the A and 8's already, or there are some people that just dislike him, hard to know.

Daniels and Kaz are fantastic, get some more Tag Teams and let them feud away cause they're a fairly entertaining duo who deserve more than the Claire Lynch guff.

Loved the opening, Im fairly sure Kenny King is gonna be a mega star soon enough.

Chavo vs Kid Kash was good too, I can see a Chavo vs Devon TV Title Feud !

I really did miss Samoa Joe this week.

I was half asleep whilst watching it but sure I heard some of the crowd chant "Shit Factor".

I just want to be a cunt for a second - if this all results in a Roode/Storm double turn, you all have to call me the King. Or at least Pity's Queen. I wah wah'ed months ago about James Storm not being get-your-cock-out-worthy as a face, and how the Roode/Storm so-called "year long feud" was half-TNA, half fans booking in their own minds.

IIRC, me and Loki were on Team Double Turn as the final payoff to the Beer Money split, and everybody else was insistent that things were the best just the way they were and Storm would be winning the World Title at Bound For Glory and everybody lives happily ever after.

Lokes, the dream's back on. Roode will be chillin' with the goodies again before you know it. Well, probably not, but I too now think Storm behind behind Aces & Eights is the best way to go.

• Paid Members

Can't see it being a double turn, and I can't see them even hinting at it. They are doing the Sting angle from 1996, where Storm proves he has nothing to do with it. And Roode turning babyface when they already have Sting, Aries, Storm, Hardy, Angle, Joe and Styles as top babyfaces would do him no favours. There are to many faces on top for anyone new to join the fold. There is only Roode and Bully as heels, really. TNA has very few heels left. I can't see Storm turning, but there seems more chance of that than Roode turning face.

Thing is, they've fucked it up with Storm. He was over in real buildings when they went on the road last year. People liked him, he was delivering better promos than Roode as a babyface, he was beating Kurt Angle every month and teaming with Hogan and Sting. Then they made the decision to have him lose in his hometown at Lockdown against Roode. The 100% right time for him to win. They Sting at Starraded him. He's never recovered and now they've found a new hero in Aries. People won't buy a loser. And thats what he was painted out as in April.

Edit: Rereading my last paragraph, yeah, Storm probably is the leader of the Aces and Eights. He's fucked. Storm, Jarrett, Bob Ryder and Chris Harris leading this motorbike gang. It would be class seeing those four not getting it, and all wearing the campiest motorbike leathers like the bloke out of Village People. The Leather Daddies, if you wheeeeeeel.

• Paid Members

Solid enough show. The main event was quite good, although the closing angle/segment was a bit weak. I guess I was waiting for something big-ish and it ended up being four blokes stumbling around hitting each other.

I'm guessing Wes Briscoe is part of Aces & 8s(?). If so it's pretty cool way of introducing him, having him creep about with the rest of the roster. He looks a bit like the love child of Nicole Bass and Rob Schneider.

Not really liking Kenny King much. He has that Smackdown midcard thing about him - i.e. he's solid but a bit bland. It hums more because TNAs roster is filled with colourful characters. Zema Ion is a class midcarder.

James Storm is alright, but I agree his return has lost steam. You can't argue they haven't tried though, they gave him everything on his return and he just hasn't clicked. I love Roode as a heel, so I hope he stays one for a while. This Storm angle has the makings of something brilliant though, no idea where they're going.

"Kayfab". We need more Sting/Joseph Park skits.

• Paid Members

Another good show.

Wes Briscoe is one ugly fucker. I like how the Aces & 8's storyline is going even if the ending to this week was a bit flat. I like how they are incorporating so many wrestlers into the angle as well as keeping and creating fueds between other wrestlers.

As someone who only started watching from Slammiversary, in the first few weeks I thought Storm was fucking great. His first few promos and when he won the Rumble and beat Joe in singles he looked like a million dollars. For me though, the wind blew out of his momentum when they had him job to Jeff Hardy clean on Impact. After that, he was just another guy.

• Paid Members

Hated the Angle match even more than last weeks kickout session....was full on ridiculous how long Storm was in the ankle lock before he broke it up by simply kicking Kurt in the head....that match aside, the Aces & 8's no show was quite clever and overall it was another good show.

Daniels is on the form of his career during this Clare Lynch stuff, have to add my love for Kazarian with the baby AJ doll as well...

The problem with Storm is that they have tried to make a year storyline out of him and Roode when really it should have all come to a head at Lockdown. I personally think that it is almost imposible unless it is Rock Vs Cena level to keep fans interested in a storyline for a whole year now if it is just the same two guys. It may have worked if they had put them both in a lock down match and kept them apart till BFG through a few twist and turns but they wont now. I think as people have said if Storm is not the aces and eights leader or it isnt revealed till after BFG we will get some sort of stipulation match at BFG between the two to settle it. The double turn is definately the way to go.

As for bound for glory im hoping for an Angle Aries match. I cant see a bigger match for TNA right now that hasnt been done

Archived