Impact Wrestling August 2 discussion, spoilers, etc.

pgi86

• Paid Members

so how does everyone think the Abyss/Park thing will play out? it's dragging on but it's still pretty interesting, Joseph Park's one of the best actors in the game, he's doing a spot on job in the role but how do you feel it'll conclude?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm guessing they will go for a Dr. Jekyll/Mr.Hyde split personality gimmick. Joseph Park is such a great character it'd be a shame if they went back to him being Abyss all the time. It'd be far more interesting and original for him to play both.

It makes Abyss a more interesting character if he's the evil persona of Parks, rather than his old usage. For the short term, Parks can have matches and "Abyss" can emerge at times of crisis.

But long-term, I have no idea how they can sustain it. And that's good! It's been clever and relatively unpredictable so far.

• Paid Members

The thing with the commentry thats pissing me off at the moment, is the lack of credability they have (it's most important, that they can be trusted to be like a voice in people's head, imo).

The Hebner pinfalls is a prefcet example, to try and keep things 'ambiguous' and 'contraversial' they seem to feel the need for Taz or Mike to question what is blatantly on screen for all to see (esp during replays). Taz seeing Mickie James raising her shoulder last week, while hebnre counted her out, but still saying ".... um, i'm not sure" is immensely bad. They should both be screaming for justice to be done.

Its not like Taz is doing a Heenan where he's heelishly, in a comedy style, turning a blind eye. He;s supposed to be face, right?

Bischoff and Borash for me too.

me too!

the only downside of Impact at the moment is 3 of their best wrestlers are saddled with the worst actress ever! Whilst she was keeping quiet and CD and Kaz were doing their thing, that segment was brilliant, and then they ruin it by having her screaming at the camera to finish it! Just fuck off!

Archived