Drunk wrestling favourites

Warrior

• Paid Members

Not strictly wrestling but Hogan. Always seems to be either Shadow Warriors 1 or 2 as their never off sky and seem to always be on when I come in absolutely wrecked, have seen the second one about 10 times but I don't think I remember much of it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kevin Nash shoots and listening to the Wolfpac theme tune on repeat every time

Shoot interviews are a big one for me when I'm drunk. When I'm sober I can't really concentrate on them, but when I'm pissed I get lost in them for hours and hours.

Debuts and return videos are also a favourite, with Bret's 2010 comeback, any big Austin pop and Warrior WM8 being top of the list.

• Paid Members

Great thread!

Wrestling has been a drunken staple of mine for years. When i was around 18-20 i would always leave the pub a little early (11pm stop tap!) grab a big fuck off kebab go home and watch the bonus disk that came with Wrestlemania 16. The thing with the extended highlights of all the Mania's, brilliant. I'd always get around half hour in and pass out. Great times.

These days i tend to go for something like a WWE roundtable, or an old RAW. Just last week i came in fucked and put on an old RAW whilst i cooked myself a pizza, i vaguely a remember Razor Ramon promo, next thing i know it was morning and the house is stinking of burnt pizza...fucker'd been cooking for 8 hours. Not good, i'll head back to the kebab shop next week.

• Paid Members

After a few tins I'm more inclined to watch something short, sweet and nostalgic on YouTube. I know I won't get through a full show, so little bits do me just fine. I usually search for something like 'Wrestling's greatest moments' or 'the best debuts and returns in Wrestlng'. I've seen them countless times, but it's great viewing when you've had a few. Oh, Steve Austin 'Desire' is essential too.

When i was around 18-20 i would always leave the pub a little early (11pm stop tap!) grab a big fuck off kebab go home and watch the bonus disk that came with Wrestlemania 16. The thing with the extended highlights of all the Mania's, brilliant. I'd always get around half hour in and pass out. Great times.

I had that disc (got it with the Wrestlemania: The Insider's Story book) and, yeah, I used to watch that pissed up too. Class!

Oh, Steve Austin 'Desire' is essential too.

My current faves include Bret Hart 'You Start the Fire', a fan-made Warrior tribute set to Pat Benatar's 'I am the Warrior' and Double J's 'With My Baby Tonight'. Great for drunken in-chair dancing with a can in one hand and a pizza in the other!

• Paid Members

Always end up watching the Invasion Inaugral Brawl promo,the one where JR is at his absolute best screaming''The Rattlesnake is back,and he's striking anything that by god moves!!!''

Then I put the match on and am usually asleep before DDP comes out.

The YouTube 'Watch Later' feature, and linking it to my Xbox, is going to provide many great drunk wrestling moments, I reckon. Already saved up are the 'Heroes of Wrestling' PPV, Wrestlemania 9 and a whole bunch of mid-90s WCW songs...

• Paid Members

Pretty much anything from late 80s/early 90s WWF for me. But the regulars seem to be Summerslam 89, Survivor Series 88, King Of The Ring 93 and Royal Rumble 91. Just a blaze of colour on them shows and when I'm pissed it's mesmerising. Stuff like Dusty's promo and Jesse the Body and Tony Schiavone arguing both from SS 89 are always good for a laugh.

Summerslam 98 has been thrown on on occasion. WCW it's usually an episode of Saturday Night from 92, Nitro from 96, War Games 92.

Don't usually watch shoot interviews when I'm pissed but when I do it's Ole Anderson's RF shoot every time.

I need to watch Royal Rumble 2005's finish again when I'm drunk. I watched the fall out of the ring on repeat at least 20 times whilst sober and it got funnier every time. Non-wrestling fans were watching too and they were in hysterics too. Then the whole next section is the icing on the cake. I can't imagine how funny I might find it drunk. A real knee-slapper.

I find that, usually depending on what I drink, I can go into a trance where I really focus on what I'm doing. I spent what must have been a good couple of hours reading at a house party after drinking vodka and snapped out of it to realise everyone was asleep and it was 6am. I do that with wrestling sometimes. I'll become a more like a mark again and become overwhelmed by how good it is and focus only on the TV and nothing else.

Archived