The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

I always think of Dana trying to stifle a smirk at the UFC 141 press conference when a reporter asked him about the Hendricks Fitch KO.

And Joe Silva looking VERY fucking pleased in the cage straight after the KO. There's a gif somewhere of that, I've never seen Joe Silva look so happy congratulating a winner.

Style aside, I think the Fitch/Kos 'we won't fight, we love each other' stuff really pisses Dana off as well.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jon Fitch vs Erick Silva for UFC 153 in Rio, Brazil.

Talk about sacrificing the young.

I have high hopes for Silva, he is a big 170lbs and has serious power and natural ability. But he is far from the finished package and this is too much of a step up in competition. Fitch is too seasoned, the Hendricks TKO was a one off, I do not expect Fitch to get knocked out from now on often.

I think Fitch will be able to takedown Silva and maybe put a beating on him and grind out a dull points win. In a perfect world the marketable and exciting Silva would run through the boring bastard and become a serious star in Brazil, but I do not think he will.

Looks like the last fight of the main card has been added to UFC 153 with Demian Maia Vs Rick Story, pretty good card,lets see if this one can stay injury free.

Main Card

Champ Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch (for featherweight title)

Alan Belcher vs. Vitor Belfort

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira

Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva

Demian Maia Vs Rick Story

Prelims

Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Sam Sicilia

Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira vs. TBA

Sergio Moraes vs. Renee Forte

Reza Madadi vs. Cristiano Marcello

Diego Brandao vs. Joey Gambino

• Paid Members

I Hope AKA Burns to the Ground

Koscheck talks AKA with Jon Fitch. I love how they've done that, it almost looks cinematic :laugh: it also slyly hints at a Fitch/Kosheck fued, it deliberately shows the disappointment in Fitch's face when Koscheck makes the comments about AKA burning. I know Fitch is not a popular guy but a fight with Koscheck is something i think a lot of MMA fans would wanna see.

I love shit like this.

Good list.

If I was to do a my own I'd definitely place Aldo vs. Hominick from UFC 129 in there. A tremendous fight, in the perfect setting, I came out of that fight the biggest Hominick fan in the world. It's a massive shame what a fall from grace he's had since.

Thank you. Aldo/Hominick at UFC 129 just missed out on my list. I

• Paid Members

I'm making an effort to try and contribute to this thread more often!

I was going to ask in here the other day if anyone knew whether Corey Hill was still fighting, then i found my answer...

As part of the XFC's East Coast 2012 tour, the company makes its debut in North Carolina for a show titled XFC 19: Charlotte Showdown on August 3.

"As the promotion ventures into new stomping grounds, they have lined up some of the most well-known and exciting fighters on their roster for Carolina MMA fans," said T.J. Alcock, media relations for XFC.

The main event will feature a welterweight fight between Corey Hill (6-4) and Mike Bronzoulis (14-5-1), which has major implications with the winner possibly becoming the division's number one contender according to Alcock.

The reason for my intrigue stemmed from the fact that i couldnt believe anyone would rebound physically from this:

2cosy8o.jpg

• Paid Members

I like Corey Hill. Seemed mental on TUF, talking to his imaginary alter-ego Buddy Rowe in the sauna and stuff, but I liked him.

'THIS IS MY HOME...THIS IS MY ZONE...NOBODY COMES IN MY HOME OR MY ZONE'

But yeah, that injury was horrible. Glad he was able to fight again. Looking at his record since the injury he's had mixed results but won his last fight with a brabo choke (similar to a D'Arce I think).

Didn't know he had a fight coming up, cheers saxon.

UFC have signed for another year wih ESPN "The agreement between the UFC and ESPN is for All American Pay-Per-View events and Fight Nights." http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/162944.html

can't see anything about the UK TUF, maybe they will sign with someone else like they have did before and I was hoping they would add Primetimes and other stuff that's on Fuel in the US.

It's clear Dana is not a fan of his, and he tends to be far harsher in cutting 'wrestlers' than he is with guys who fight on their feet.

This argument regarding Fitch comes up every now & then, and I'll say now what I said then. For White to cut a guy because he doesn't like his style is fucking ridiculous. Fitch lost to a flash KO against Hendricks, and before that had only lost to GSP in his previous twenty five fights, spanning over nine years.

If a top five fighter in your weight division and that kind of record doesn't secure you a spot with the top MMA company in the world then shit is seriously fucked up, especially when you see guys like Dan Hardy (1-4 in his last five, two of those by stoppage or submission) still working for the company.

For the record, I'm not ignorant to what Hardy brings to the table, and I'm not advocating that he be cut. I'm emphasising that Fitch should not be even considered for being cut at present. If he loses another two or three on the spin, then fair enough. But now? No chance.

Archived