The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think the Gusty vs Little Nog fight is a complete mismatch and I fear for little Nog's health here. 

Really the fight to make was Gusty vs Bader. Obvious choice, both closer in respect to status in the division and Bader just beat his team mate so there's a back story there as well. 

He beats Bader, he's left holding his dick, with everyone else coming off loses, while the Cormier, Rumble, Jones thing plays out, that's at least 2 fights away.

He fought gun shy in Germany, relying on his takedowns and looked nervous, he's going to have to strike with Lil Nog as he doesn't want to fuck about with him on the ground, give Bader a winnable match up next and then make the fight, for a true title shot.

UFC are 'investigating' Alex Nicholson (the dick who said that racist shit while cornering Mike Perry), after it turned out he was arrested in May for domestic violence. He's currently scheduled to fight Sam Alvey next month.

Also, Ben Saunders is back in UFC after beating Jacob Volkmann (remember that Lloyd Christmas looking fucker!) by armbar in 17 seconds.

• Paid Members

So, instead of defending his interim belt against Pettis (as if he deserves a title shot, by the way!) or Holloway, he's thrown his toys out of the pram and is refusing to fight unless it's against Conor?

I wonder if the same people who won't shut the fuck up about how Conor needs to be stripped of his 145 title for not defending it often enough will feel the same way about Aldo not defending his belt?

SPOILER: Of course they won't.

• Paid Members

it's a weird one, it's likely money orientated. I'd say there's a good chance the Intertim belt gets made the real title after 205, either that or he'll definitely get the Conor fight next, so Aldo might as well defend it.

Aldo/Pettis is a great fight though, i wanna see it.

Archived