Your Favourite MTV Show

ajmcstyles

MTV Shows  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
MTV have become what they hate basically.

What? How did you come to that? MTV are a money making machine, I doubt they hate that.

I mean what MTV represented and was against while now they play shite like 16 and Pregnant.

You mean what they represented when they were showing Singled Out? Or when they were showing wrestling? Or when they hardly shown any black artists videos when they very first started?

What were they representing then? Your overly romanticised view of MTV pre-Pimp My Ride is a bit bollocksy.

• Paid Members

I only had the four channels until I was 16, like most people who have a dad who despises everything American, so I only saw what Channel 4 decided to nick and a few things around friend's houses growing up. Bevis and Butthead was probably my favourite, but I did like Celebrity Deathmatch for about ten minutes in the early 90s.

Wrestling Society X obvs.

I havent read the whole thread but anybody mentioned MTV Select? I think it was called that, it was the chart rundown on in the afternoon with Lisa Snowdon and Richard Blackwood and a few others, good presenters not some stupid hipster pricks like on T4.I'd always watch it coming home after school.

I've been watchng Wrestling Spociety X and would actually agree. It's badly acted and consists of a thousand spots per match with no selling, but you can't help but smile at it, because it's a good laugh.

• Paid Members

It's B&B for me too. To this day, anyone performing a sound check instantly puts me in mind of "testes... testes... one, two.... THREE??"

I havent read the whole thread but anybody mentioned MTV Select? I think it was called that, it was the chart rundown on in the afternoon with Lisa Snowdon and Richard Blackwood and a few others, good presenters not some stupid hipster pricks like on T4.I'd always watch it coming home after school.

It was a request show, I remember it very well. Donna Air presented it, I think Edith Bowman once or twice covered, I have memories of it being one of the shows that gave us our first look at Cat Deeley, or "VJ Cat" as she was named in FHM etc, VJ standing for "Video Jockey" (never really took off as a job description, did it?). Nostalgia is a wonderful thing though, in hindsight I'd say all the presenters (Air especially) were capable of being every bit as vacuous as Jameela Jamil et al.

• Paid Members

I fucking love the suggestion that Richard Blackwood was a good presenter. He was the best car boot Will Smith the telly had to offer, but he right fell off his stool in recent years.

I tell you who was dreadful on that show; Natalie Casey. Was just a sign of the shite to come from her, looked like she missed the cut for Vanilla, and was a massive step down from Lisa Snowden, taking away the opportunity to choke the chick chick chick chick chicken.

• Paid Members

Will Smith didn't have a rhyme as memorable as this: "say my name girlfriend, yeah we love you RB - check you every day on MTV/*radio edit* TV". Blackwood was class, because he was thick as shit. He would always expose himself as such on shows like Have I Got News For You, or by whoring himself out to the point where he couldn't see he was getting the piss ripped out of him. I thought that was a likable quality.

• Paid Members
Lovely review of the Princes of Comedii video that Blackwood has stooped to being involved in. In a perfect world, King Richard IV would be paraded down the street so that we can all thank him for making the transition from 20th to 21st century just a little easier, and then for getting out of the spotlight before his time was up.

Archived