Your Favourite MTV Show

ajmcstyles

MTV Shows  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Big fan of Mike Judge and the original Beavis and Butthead run. I remember sneaking downstairs at ungodly hours when I was about 9 or 10 and watching them on channel 4. I watched a lot of them recently and they still still stand up (although not sure how much of that is nostalgia). Pretty ashamed to say I've never caught any of the new ones, were they any good?

No Most Wanted with Ray Cokes? What a fucking bunch of bullshit. Can't talk about MTV in the 1990s without that. Impossible.

Jersey Shore is pretty sweet though.

Ray Cokes is immediately what sprung to my mind too.

Not interested in anything off that list.

• Paid Members

When we first got Sky in, there didn't seem to be a minute that passed where Ray Cokes wasn't on MTV. He never kissed arse either. Went knees first into every celebrity interview no matter who it was. A top show. When I think of MTV, I think was Ray Cokes, Beevis and Butthead, flashy logos, neon signs, a revolving globe, the Headbangers Ball, Caffeine Bomb by the Wildhearts and Epic by Faith No More that they played endlessly.

Here he is with KISS (which I still have taped over an episode of WWF Mania on VHS):

• Moderators
When we first got Sky in, there didn't seem to be a minute that passed where Ray Cokes wasn't on MTV. He never kissed arse either. Went knees first into every celebrity interview no matter who it was. A top show. When I think of MTV, I think was Ray Cokes, Beevis and Butthead, flashy logos, neon signs, a revolving globe, the Headbangers Ball, Caffeine Bomb by the Wildhearts and Epic by Faith No More that they played endlessly.

Here he is with KISS (which I still have taped over an episode of WWF Mania on VHS):

They Might Be Giants with Birdhouse in your Soul got heavy rotation too along with the super straight Crucified by Army of Lovers.

• Paid Members
Big fan of Mike Judge and the original Beavis and Butthead run. I remember sneaking downstairs at ungodly hours when I was about 9 or 10 and watching them on channel 4. I watched a lot of them recently and they still still stand up (although not sure how much of that is nostalgia). Pretty ashamed to say I've never caught any of the new ones, were they any good?

They're not quite as good as they were but the parts where they watch TV are funnier as they take the michael out of other MTV shows mostly. I voted for B and B as well as most MTV shows are crap. Bring back that old VJ chap!

• Moderators
No Most Wanted with Ray Cokes? What a fucking bunch of bullshit. Can't talk about MTV in the 1990s without that. Impossible.

Jersey Shore is pretty sweet though.

Ray Cokes is immediately what sprung to my mind too.

Not interested in anything off that list.

This is also what I came into the thread to vote for.

I can't find the clip I wanted to post of it on Youtube either. It was where he provoked Bob Geldof, and Geldof called him a cunt live on air (at about 7PM, I think, for those of you who never saw the show) and he was so stunned he didn't know how to respond. Live tv is great, isn't it?

Edit: Jackass and the first season of The Osbournes were fucking brilliant though. I voted for Jackass, but I hope The Osbournes pick up a few votes as they are currently on 0 at the time of my voting.

Also a big fan of anything Mike Judge.

I don't know what the fuck Hogan Knows Best is doing on that list, and would like the idiot who voted for it to come and defend their idiotic choice.

• Paid Members

Definately The Maxx for me. Quality animation. I have the Amazon exclusive DVD-R and the old amalgimated VHS that misses an episode. All the MTV Oddities were pretty cool. I've got a lot of time for Aeon Flux which is out on a fantastic 3 disc DVD everyone should have. Fond memorys of The Head. I should really get both seasons of that at some point, havent seen it in years.

Obviously Beavis and Butthead and Jackass were standouts as well.

I'm sure it hasn't aged well but I use to love Singled Out. Mainly because I was about 13 and had the biggest crush on Jenny McCarthy. The parade of hot college girls didnt hurt either.

What was that show where loads of good looking people dance in bikinis for 2 hours at a different beach every week?

MTV use to be fucking awesome! Such a shame it all went wrong.

Archived