Your Favourite MTV Show

ajmcstyles

MTV Shows  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What was that show where loads of good looking people dance in bikinis for 2 hours at a different beach every week?

MTV Spring Break?

Thats the Badger. Again when I was in my early Teens in the days before the internet it was a god send. What a different world we live in now. No need to tape Eurotrash/the TV X ten minute freeview/the Movie Channel's wednesday night erotic thriller.

• Paid Members
What was that show where loads of good looking people dance in bikinis for 2 hours at a different beach every week?

MTV Spring Break?

Thats the Badger. Again when I was in my early Teens in the days before the internet it was a god send. What a different world we live in now. No need to tape Eurotrash/the TV X ten minute freeview/the Movie Channel's wednesday night erotic thriller.

Sounds boring but even the European Top 20 was pretty good. Like we said before it goes to show that MTV have really gone downhill lately with Jersey Shit and Teen Mom. The 90s were wonderful.

• Paid Members
No Celebrity Deathmatch?

I used to really enjoy Celebrity Deathmatch, just great, stupid fun.

I should really have a look about and see if I can pick it up from a trader, to see if its aged badly or its still as much fun as it ever was if nothing else.

No Celebrity Deathmatch?

I used to really enjoy Celebrity Deathmatch, just great, stupid fun.

I should really have a look about and see if I can pick it up from a trader, to see if its aged badly or its still as much fun as it ever was if nothing else.

It's aged horribly. Was really something of its time that just doesn't translate to repeat viewing. Like the first few seasons of South Park.

• Paid Members

Celebrity Death Match used to be one Friday Nights on Channel 4 if I remember correctly. I remember Friday Nights on 4 were always something special. School finished for the weekend, I'd play footy, watch Nitro and then you'd have either Rosanne, Celebrity Death Match, South Park, Penn and Teller, TFI Friday or all kinds of great telly on Channel 4 to watch. I've no idea whats on channel 4 on a Friday anymore. Channel 4 deserves its own thread. That used to be a cracking channel.

I went for Celebrity Deathmatch. I remember someone bringing around on video (same way me and my brother got into King of the Hill and Whose Line is it Anyway?) and laughing myself silly.

I didn't mind it's piss poor return a couple of years ago either. Plus it had Stone Cold in charge of a time machine. Hell Yeah.

• Paid Members

MTV done some great shit last 5-6 years or so for a certain generation.

Started off with Laguna Beach (+Newport Harbor which was great.) which eventually lead to a massive MTV hit in The Hills.

Had a huge hit with Jersey Shore which they stuck with when advertisers were leaving left right and center.

I thought last year they give two great news show in Awkward and Death Valley. Still do some flops like RJ Berger and I just want my pants back.

I voted Celebrity Death Match, because like Ian I remember enjoying it during the heady days of the Monday Night Wars. I quite liked Beavis & Butthead in its day, but never cared for the Osbornes or had any interest in shows where wankers drove skateboards into walls or got their eyeballs pierced. And anything with 'Shore' in the title can fuck right off. 'Constructed Reality' = too contrived to be reality and too badly acted/written to be drama. Shite.

I would like to give a small cursory mention to 120 Metal Minutes from MTV2, which was essential Friday night viewing when staying over with friends. It was in the dead of the night, and as well as playing Pig Destroyer videos on the odd occasion, they had a great habit of testing to see you were awake by playing 9 Shadows Fall videos in a row or random hip-hop tunes just to see if anyone noticed.

On the list though? Jackass was probably my favourite.

MTV have become what they hate basically.

What? How did you come to that? MTV are a money making machine, I doubt they hate that.

I mean what MTV represented and was against while now they play shite like 16 and Pregnant.

Archived