John Cena's 50 Greatest matches

The Natural

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
A countdown of John Cena's 50 greatest matches on wwe.com:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/john-cena-50-greatest

John Cena's best ever match was either against Umaga at the 2007 Royal Rumble, Shawn Michaels on the 23rd of April 2007 RAW or his match with CM Punk at Money in the Bank 2011.

Does anyone have this in list form? I'm not going through fifty pages with a match each..

A countdown of John Cena's 50 greatest matches on wwe.com:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/john-cena-50-greatest

John Cena's best ever match was either against Umaga at the 2007 Royal Rumble, Shawn Michaels on the 23rd of April 2007 RAW or his match with CM Punk at Money in the Bank 2011.

Does anyone have this in list form? I'm not going through fifty pages with a match each..

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

50. John Cena vs JBL (WrestleMania 21, 4/3/05)

49. John Cena/Hulk Hogan/Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho/Christian/Tomko (RAW, 6/27/05)

48. John Cena vs The Great Khali (Judgment Day, 5/20/07)

47. John Cena vs Booker T (SummerSlam, 8/15/04)

46. John Cena & The Rock vs The Miz & R-Truth (Survivor Series, 11/20/11)

45. John Cena vs Kurt Angle (No Mercy, 10/19/03)

44. John Cena vs Sheamus vs CM Punk vs Randy Orton vs John Morrison vs R-Truth - Elimination Chamber Match (Elimination Chamber, 2/20/11)

43. John Cena vs The Miz vs John Morrison - Steel Cage (Extreme Rules, 5/1/11)

42. John Cena vs Kane - Ambulance Match (Elimination Chamber, 2/19/12)

41. Team WWE vs The Nexus (SummerSlam, 8/15/10)

40. John Cena vs Triple H vs Edge (Backlash, 4/30/06)

39. John Cena vs Randy Orton (SummerSlam, 8/26/07)

38. John Cena vs Chris Jericho (RAW, 8/22/05)

37. John Cena/Undertaker/Triple H/Shawn Michaels vs CM Punk/Randy Orton/Cody Rhodes/Ted DiBiase Jr. (Smackdown, 10/2/09)

36. John Cena vs Wade Barrett - Chairs Match (TLC, 12/19/10)

35. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar (Backlash, 4/27/03)

34. John Cena vs The Undertaker (Vengeance, 7/27/03)

33. John Cena vs Rob Van Dam vs Edge (RAW, 7/3/06)

32. John Cena vs Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle vs Kane vs Chris Masters vs Carlito - Elimination Chamber Match (New Year's Revolution, 1/8/06)

31. John Cena vs Edge vs Big Show (WrestleMania 25, 4/5/09)

30. John Cena vs Triple H (RAW, 10/19/09)

29. John Cena vs Eddie Guerrero - Parking Lot Brawl (Smackdown, 9/11/03)

28. John Cena & Undertaker vs DX vs Chris Jericho & Big Show (RAW, 11/16/09)

27. John Cena vs Batista - Last Man Standing (Extreme Rules, 4/25/10)

26. John Cena vs Sabu (WWE vs ECW, 6/7/06)

25. John Cena vs Edge - Last Man Standing (Backlash, 4/26/09)

24. John Cena vs Randy Orton - I Quit (Breaking Point, 9/13/09)

23. John Cena vs The Rock (WrestleMania 28, 4/1/12)

22. John Cena vs Triple H (Night of Champions, 6/22/08)

21. John Cena vs Kurt Angle (No Way Out, 2/20/05)

20. John Cena vs JBL - I Quit (Judgment Day, 5/22/05)

19. The 2008 Royal Rumble (Royal Rumble, 1/27/08)

18. John Cena vs Triple H vs Shawn Michaels (Survivor Series (11/22/09)

17. John Cena vs The Undertaker (Smackdown, 6/24/04)

16. John Cena vs The Big Show (WrestleMania 20, 3/14/04)

15. John Cena vs Rob Van Dam (One Night Stand, 6/11/06)

14. John Cena vs Chris Jericho (SummerSlam, 8/21/05)

13. John Cena vs Booker T (No Mercy, 10/3/04)

12. John Cena vs Rey Mysterio (RAW, 7/25/11)

11. John Cena vs Sheamus vs Triple H vs Ted DiBiase Jr vs Kofi Kingston vs Randy Orton - Elimination Chamber Match (Elimination Chamber, 2/21/10)

10. John Cena vs Kurt Angle (Smackdown, 6/27/02)

9. John Cena vs Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania, 4/1/07)

8. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar - Extreme Rules Match (Extreme Rules, 4/29/12)

7. John Cena vs Batista (WrestleMania 26, 3/28/10)

6. John Cena vs Umaga - Last Man Standing (Royal Rumble, 1/28/07)

5. John Cena vs CM Punk (Money in the Bank, 7/17/11)

4. John Cena vs Triple H (WrestleMania 22, 4/2/06)

3. John Cena vs Randy Orton - Ironman Match (Bragging Rights, 10/25/09)

2. John Cena vs Shawn Michaels (RAW, 4/23/07)

1. John Cena vs Edge - TLC Match (Unforgiven, 9/17/06)

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Eh? No Cena vs Lashley from GAB 2007? I thought that was a hell of a match, especially considering Cena had to work around Lashley's limitations. I still think that was one of the best carry jobs I've seen. I don't recall Lashley having any other real standout matches. It was way better than it had any right to be. I'd have had it probably in Cena's top 15 at least.

• Paid Members

LOL at the Booker T match being as high as 13. Michaels vs Cena WM23 being seven places behind the vastly inferior Raw borefest is a joke, as is the Batista match from Summerslam 2008 not placing at all.

Another week, another shit WWE list, seemingly chosen at random.

Eh? No Cena vs Lashley from GAB 2007? I thought that was a hell of a match, especially considering Cena had to work around Lashley's limitations. I still think that was one of the best carry jobs I've seen. I don't recall Lashley having any other real standout matches. It was way better than it had any right to be. I'd have had it probably in Cena's top 15 at least.

Fully agreed. I loved that match. Hardy and Umaga had a cracker on that show as well.

• Paid Members

That Edge match was pretty special at the time. I remember John Cena, DX, the ECW revival, The McMahons, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and Mick Foley sort of knocked Edge off his perch a bit as far as TV time goes around SummerSlam time. So the pressure was on him to deliver the goods at this PPV. And they killed it. I'd say it was better than Punk vs Cena. I think they got number one spot on. It was also during the time the "Cena can't wrestle" thing was at its height as well, so this ticked all boxes.

Mind you, I haven't watched it back so I could be well off the mark as far as how its stands up today.

• Paid Members
LOL at the Booker T match being as high as 13. Michaels vs Cena WM23 being seven places behind the vastly inferior Raw borefest is a joke, as is the Batista match from Summerslam 2008 not placing at all.

Another week, another shit WWE list, seemingly chosen at random.

Agreed. No sign of his match against Del Rio with the collapsed ring or his other Punk matches. A complete nonsense.

His Khali match was absolutely astonishing too, that should've been high. Punk at MITB at 1 for me, Umaga at 2, Leanar (2012) at 3, Michaels at WM23 at 4 and probably that Batista match at WM26 at 5 because of how ace it was for showing up Edge and Jericho and Cena's celebration at the end. Khali, Lashley and Edge would just miss out there but are high up.

I could be forgetting loads mind, Cena's one of my favourite wrestlers ever I think. He's had a gazilion great matches and he's done more for so many people than he'll ever get credit for. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

• Moderators
John Cena is Mr PPV. I don't think there's anyone better when the big lights are shining and the pressure is on than John Cena. He always delivers.

you've turned into a paraday of yourself.

A para a day helps you work, rest and play.

• Paid Members
John Cena is Mr PPV. I don't think there's anyone better when the big lights are shining and the pressure is on than John Cena. He always delivers.

you've turned into a paraday of yourself.

How's that? Its more than a fair comment. 2011's match of the year was CM Punk vs John Cena. There hasn't been anything better in 2012 than Lesnar vs Cena. Both on PPV. Cena even dragged out watchable matches out of Johnny Ace and Kane in 2012. He always delivers on PPV.

Archived