John Cena's 50 Greatest matches

The Natural

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I don't know how you guys remember the names and dates of each PPV but for someone not fond of Cena's matches I enjoyed the one against Show (were he ended up in a big light).

Yeah, that was actually Cena vs Edge in a Last Man Standing match at Backlash 09. It was a cracking match and I loved that finish.

Christ, that was three years ago. Feels like last year.

3 years ago? That is crazy.

Great list from WWE.com there I think. Top 10 are fantastic and could be switched around and you could argue that any one is John Cenas best match. The TLC Match vs Edge might be my favourite with CM Punk at Money In The Bank a close 2nd and the Umaga match at the Rumble 3rd.

Looking back though I realise why its so hard for me to get into Big Show vs John Cena, its like WWE's version of TNAs Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Anderson. Its happened so much its hard to care.

• Paid Members
I did love that Sabu match - I enjoy re-watching it even now. Carry-jobs are always enjoyable, and Sabu did an excellent job of carrying Cena that match.

Nice try, Keith Arthur.

Cena's record is absolutely stellar.

To add another one to the terrific and overlooked Lashley match; Cena vs. Umaga at New Year's Revolution. Great match, but forgotten because of the Rumble one that followed it.

• Paid Members

To whoever mentioned the match with Khali - thumbs way up. That was when I proper turned the corner on the Cena front after never really feeling the hate and generally being ambivalent about him. He's been a fucking great wrestler for like six years now. That people still dispute that is one of the most maddening things to do with wrestling.

From a pure 'marketing' sense, I'm surprised Rock/Cena isn't higher. Considering it was supposed to be Once in a lifetime, and had a one year build, you would think that WWE would want to really give the match the status of 'One of Cena's best'

Archived