Swearing

Slapnut

Often, but it's rarely hostile. It's just the way I talk. Swearing has no value around here, anyway, go outside any pub and say "any cunt got a light?" and you won't even get a funny look in return.I don't walk around swearing all day, and I hate the young mums and dads I see walking about dropping c-bombs with their kids in tow. But put me out with my mates, I'm going to be swearing. If I'm watching the football, I'm going to be swearing (I think I said "fuckfuckfuckfuck" every time Messi looked at the ball the other week!) If my daft fridge starts beeping at me because I have the cheek to leave its door open for more than ten seconds then I'm going to be swearing...Ok, a bit too often, but I'm comfortable with it.

This for me. I said in work the other day, "does any cunt have a Samsung charger?" Guy from Wolverhampton looked at me absolutely outraged, and was saying that "cunt", is a really bad word to use down south.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I swear more when i'm by myself rather than with people. Sometimes if you're late or something you say "Aw Fuck" out loud, thats just one example though. And I probably swear more on the forum than I do in real life too.

I have spent my entire working life in factories, So it is second nature at work. Rarely used aggressively, Just humour & maybe a slight defence mechanism for anyone stupid enough to "Fuck" with you!My favourite ever swearing experience was playing Scrabble with my 95 year old Grandmother, Who laid down "C" "U" "N" "T" & looked blankly at me before saying "I think that is a swear word?" "Er.... Yes Nanna it is" :laugh:

I said in work the other day, "does any cunt have a Samsung charger?" Guy from Wolverhampton looked at me absolutely outraged, and was saying that "cunt", is a really bad word to use down south.

He's talking wet, unless he's from Wolverhampton, Georgia or something. It's no worse a word in the midlands than it is up north, judging by how often my mother says it. I did once see a girl from Southampton wince when someone in a play said "cunt" though.

I swear far too much but like most people who've posted in here i can tone it down when appropriate ie: if there are children present or if i'm at work although on occasion i have been know to slip up and drop out a few swears and not notice i've done it until someone points it's out.As for swear words of choice my top two are piss-flaps and bastard(s) usually with the second one i'll say it in a Victor Meldrew-esque fashion for attempted comedic effect.

I swear far too much.I teach, so I've learnt to have the switch between "teacher" and "out of school."Cunt is my favourite word to say, closely followed by fuck and twat.

I'm also a teacher, I find that switch really easy even though I'm just starting out and I swear all the time around my mates. Although it reminds me of a time I was helping a student on the computer and it froze, so I muttered, "Work, you damn thing," and the girl said, "Don't swear, Mr. Robson!" Strikes me as funny what some children consider swear words, I've heard a couple though with fouler mouths than I. Cunt is the one word I never use, mainly because of other people though, it doesn't offend me, but many see it as the most offensive word. "Prick/bitch/bastard/arsehole" tend to communicate that sentiment just as well anyway.It's all about context for me. My swearing is usually just casually in conversation, like "How fucking good is that song?" I'm rarely aggressive in swearing AT someone. For that reason, I apply that when teaching. A girl was walking around blinded by a beanie with a friend and said, "I can't see shit!" When she took the beanie off, she freaked- "I said shiver!" I just rolled my eyes and said, "Sure," sarcastically. Swearing is that ingrained in society, particularly in Australia, that me chastising her wouldn't achieve anything.

• Paid Members

I swear an awful lot, but it's in a faux-angry man context and for comedic effect, I'm a pretty happy chap really.

Yet not a funny one. Go figure..
Contrary to belief, my entire life isn't spent on an Internet forum.

• Moderators

I have sufficient critical faculties and observational skills to have good enough handle of your character from your thousands of posts from the odd few minutes you've spent on here over the last almost 6 years to be holding it at arms length.

Archived