Monday Night Raw (30/4/12)

JLM

If triple h ends up fighting lesnar and winning, i wont be pleased. He did this with CM punk and it put a speed bump into cm punks push. The man is just so damn selfish.

If he doesn't drop the WWE Title at the next PPV, I'm stopping watching wrestling forever. Wait a minute....he isn't the champion is he? Who is it again?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
i thought raw was a let down, it was well handled with Triple h v Brock, but they made it seem like lesnar vs cena was a distant memory after just 24 hours... If triple h ends up fighting lesnar and winning, i wont be pleased. He did this with CM punk and it put a speed bump into cm punks push. The man is just so damn selfish. Im thinking Brock vs taker at next years wrestlemania.

h_180x250_360178a.jpg

• Paid Members
The man is just so damn selfish.

He is, that HHH. He's a right proper bastard. You can bet he's back there politicking the whole time, trying have it away with people's titles. I bet he lies there at night with Lady MacLevesque, thinking about how he can take down everyone else behind the scenes. He probably sees phantom versions of the items he used to take them out - "Is this a sledgie I see before me?"

If triple h ends up fighting lesnar and winning, i wont be pleased. He did this with CM punk and it put a speed bump into cm punks push. The man is just so damn selfish.

If he doesn't drop the WWE Title at the next PPV, I'm stopping watching wrestling forever. Wait a minute....he isn't the champion is he? Who is it again?

To be fair, it did stifle Punk's momentum. His booking post-MITB was shit. I understand that he had to be back for Summerslam, so they were in a difficult situation because of the timing. But at Summerslam, he got a Jack Knife from Nash and would get hit by Nash sporadically afterwards. He didn't get anything back on Nash apart from some (and admittedly, I'd imagine this was Punk's fault) lame inside references. Then he lost to Triple H and was having a laugh with him on the Raw when everyone had buggered off in protest of Triple H. He then entered a dull feud with Del Rio (which I'd attribute to Del Rio more than Punk) before picking up a bit of momentum from Survivor Series onwards with the Lauranitus feud. Then Jericho came back and made a pig's ear of his return (change) and, again, Punk is starting to build momentum again now.

Why did Triple H need to win it? I'm a big Triple H fan, but Triple H was booked as the biggest, most sympathetic face when the focus needed to be on Punk.

• Paid Members

Because Triple H is bigger, more likable and looks younger. You have to put the young guys over. CM Punk quite rightly did the honours. In hilarious fashion as well, because Nash no sold all his shit and Triple H overcame Punk, Nash, Truth and Miz. The bloke is a super hard bastard.

Also, Triple H couldn't be getting beat throughout the year he was waiting for the Undertaker to return. You have to keep Triple H looking like a main player on the roster. Otherwise nobody will believe he can beat the Takers and Lesnars of this world.

I'd love to see him beat Lesnar. I was on the fence with Lesnar and Cena, and think Lesnar should have won to keep his aura nice and solid. But now thats out of the way, I'd piss my sides to see the reaction of Triple H beating him.

• Paid Members

People forget how that Punk v HHH match actually panned out. No, Punk didn't win but the way the match was told was outstanding. HHH made Punk look like a main event player by needing to hit him with everything to win. Also, his reaction after the match was one of, "Fucking hell, he's not bad this kid!" and their subsequent respect for one another through the strike and that backed this up.

There really is a lot of bollocks talked about that match and outcome. It's also often forgotten what a great match it was, too.

People forget how that Punk v HHH match actually panned out. No, Punk didn't win but the way the match was told was outstanding. HHH made Punk look like a main event player by needing to hit him with everything to win. Also, his reaction after the match was one of, "Fucking hell, he's not bad this kid!" and their subsequent respect for one another through the strike and that backed this up.

There really is a lot of bollocks talked about that match and outcome. It's also often forgotten what a great match it was, too.

I also liked how Triple H was a bit fat too. Bless him.

i thought raw was a let down, it was well handled with Triple h v Brock, but they made it seem like lesnar vs cena was a distant memory after just 24 hours... If triple h ends up fighting lesnar and winning, i wont be pleased. He did this with CM punk and it put a speed bump into cm punks push. The man is just so damn selfish. Im thinking Brock vs taker at next years wrestlemania.

inspiration15.jpg

WWE-Superstar-Brian-Kendrick-9.jpg

LP.HHH.Pl3463.png

Because Triple H is bigger, more likable and looks younger. You have to put the young guys over. CM Punk quite rightly did the honours. In hilarious fashion as well, because Nash no sold all his shit and Triple H overcame Punk, Nash, Truth and Miz. The bloke is a super hard bastard.

I think Triple H's character needs to win a lot for the loss to mean more, whereas someone like Foley can lose a load and still be over with the crowd as it's his goofy character and the bumps he takes that people are in to. But that's exactly what you build for when having him win so many matches - a loss against someone who needs it to further their momentum. If they'd have scrapped the Nash interference (which I weren't for in the first place), it'd have been better. Perhaps have Punk win at Summerslam, only to have Triple H come out after the match and turn on him by beating him down. Then Del Rio comes in and cashes in. Triple H says he couldn't risk having someone like him as champion after the stunt he pulled leaving the company, it was disrespectful, his job is to look out for the welfare of his company and title and that the title is back on someone with respect and class (I'm sure Triple H would word the promo better than I could).

Punk would move onto have a match with Triple H at Night of Champions, but the match wouldn't be no DQ. The match would be thrown out when Del Rio interferes on Triple H's behalf. Punk cuts a promo on Raw saying that if Triple H had the guts (or weren't wearing Steph's knickers or whatever the smarky reference might be), he'd face Triple H in a No DQ match. That way, Del Rio can run in and Punk can kick him in the head before beating Triple H. Triple H says that he didn't ask Del Rio to come out, he had Punk beaten (which he didn't) and that in a No DQ match at Survivor Series, he'd beat Punk's scrawny, hobo ass.

There's a question of what would happen between Big Johnny and Triple H. I'd have Triple H still shout Big Johnny down and intimidate him and not exactly aligning himself with him. Johnny can be a suck up and acquiesce to Hunter's demands.

At Survivor Series, you could have an Attitude style main event. They could brawl like they did at Night of Champions, have it back and forth until Triple H hits Punk with a sledgehammer. He dominates most of the match, before Punk makes his comeback. They could do some near falls like an elbow drop before a GTS for a close 2 count. Then Punk could get hold of Triple H's sledgehammer and whack him with it. Del Rio comes running down. From here, you could either progress the WWE title feud by having the face in that feud come down and attack Del Rio after Alberto had hit Punk, or you could just have Del Rio grab Punk's arm for the cross arm breaker, Punk kicks Del Rio in the bollocks and then GTS' him. Triple H hits Punk, sets up for the Pedigree, Punk bridges him for the win.

On Raw, Triple H could say he gives credit where credit is due and that he's been in there with some of the toughest guys in the business and Punk is right up there with them (to combat people saying Punk is too small). That would probably mean that he'd made a temporary heel turn for the feud like Michaels and Hogan. That could be a problem. I'd have that line thrown in there some how though, even if Hunter did stay heel. In fact, it'd probably be better if Triple H left after the match and came back for Mania season to focus on Taker.

It's kind of vague, and I'm sure improvements can be made, but it makes more sense to me than what they did do.

Also, Triple H couldn't be getting beat throughout the year he was waiting for the Undertaker to return. You have to keep Triple H looking like a main player on the roster. Otherwise nobody will believe he can beat the Takers and Lesnars of this world.

I'd love to see him beat Lesnar. I was on the fence with Lesnar and Cena, and think Lesnar should have won to keep his aura nice and solid. But now thats out of the way, I'd piss my sides to see the reaction of Triple H beating him.

There is that, but if that is forever their logic then they'll struggle to get anyone over. They could have done that earlier in the year and the logic would still apply. Short term, money is in Triple and Taker at Mania. Long term, once they're finished up (which could be 2 or 3 years time in the case of Taker), they're going to be fucked for headliners. That's why they're focussing on the people who don't do full schedules. I've no problem with them bringing in The Rock and Brock and you'd be a fool not to, but they need to elevate their existing talent.

Punk vs. Triple H was a good match. I think any comments of 'fucking hell, he ain't half good' were drowned out by the Triple H vote of confidence thing and Nash coming back every now and then to hit someone and bugger off again. My lasting impression wasn't of Triple H saying Punk was decent. I'd forgotten about that until it was mentioned really. I know they had this mutual respect type thing, but it was too jokey. Orton and Cena have mutual respect, but there's the understanding that they don't necessarily like each other or agree with each other. Punk was begging Triple H to be the timekeeper and asking to wear his blazer.

• Paid Members

To be fair, it did stifle Punk's momentum. His booking post-MITB was shit. I understand that he had to be back for Summerslam, so they were in a difficult situation because of the timing. But at Summerslam, he got a Jack Knife from Nash and would get hit by Nash sporadically afterwards. He didn't get anything back on Nash apart from some (and admittedly, I'd imagine this was Punk's fault) lame inside references. Then he lost to Triple H and was having a laugh with him on the Raw when everyone had buggered off in protest of Triple H. He then entered a dull feud with Del Rio (which I'd attribute to Del Rio more than Punk) before picking up a bit of momentum from Survivor Series onwards with the Lauranitus feud. Then Jericho came back and made a pig's ear of his return (change) and, again, Punk is starting to build momentum again now.

Why did Triple H need to win it? I'm a big Triple H fan, but Triple H was booked as the biggest, most sympathetic face when the focus needed to be on Punk.

So pretty much everything and anything thats gone wrong for Punk since MITB has been someone else

Archived