Monday Night Raw (30/4/12)

JLM

Bit of fantasy booking, how I'd run Brock's opponents for the rest of the year:

beat Triple H

rematch with Cena where he wins

beat Big Show

maybe face and beat Randy Orton

win the title from CM Punk at Royal Rumble

lose the title to The Rock at Wrestlemania and fuck off forever.

He doesn't have enough dates on his contract to be able to do all that with the build up needed.

More likely is:

beat Triple H at Summerslam

beat Cena for title at Royal Rumble, Rock wins Royal Rumble as surprise entrant no 30.

loses title to Rock at Mania.

Obviously if they manage to negotiate some extra dates with Brock then you could add a Punk/Orton/Show/Henry match in there, but I can't see him agreeing to more.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think they'll keep the likes of Punk, Orton and Bryan well away from Brock. Look at the way he man handled Cena the other night. Anything other than tearing CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's throats out and wanking in the hole would look a bit shit after the way he was killing the biggest star in the promotion. If they have him for 30-40 dates, we'll get another Cena match, the Triple H match and The Rock match. I can see Cena winning the belt back and Brock beating him for it to set up the Rock vs Brock match.

If that even happens. I think a Steve Austin vs Brock match would be awesome as far as the build goes. If they make Brock an unstoppable monster, imagine him going against Austin. A bloke who's whole character was that he never got taken apart or dominated.

I think they'll keep the likes of Punk, Orton and Bryan well away from Brock. Look at the way he man handled Cena the other night. Anything other than tearing CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's throats out and wanking in the hole would look a bit shit after the way he was killing the biggest star in the promotion. If they have him for 30-40 dates, we'll get another Cena match, the Triple H match and The Rock match. I can see Cena winning the belt back and Brock beating him for it to set up the Rock vs Brock match.

If that even happens. I think a Steve Austin vs Brock match would be awesome as far as the build goes. If they make Brock an unstoppable monster, imagine him going against Austin. A bloke who's whole character was that he never got taken apart of dominated.

I was thinking about Austin being a good mix with Brock too. Even if they don't build to a proper match, a segment where Austin returns for a piss about one week ending with Brock beating the absolute fuck out of him would be excellent. You either get a match out of it or Austin making a triumphant return from injury on Brock's last night and hitting a stunner or something.

Given Austin's precarious neck, is he really going to want to have a match with Lesnar though? Not saying that Lesnar's dangerous, but the sort of match he HAS to have as part of his character can't really protect Austin the same say Punk could, for example.

• Paid Members

Aye, I'm with Loki. Austin must have shat himself when he saw the match at Extreme Rules.

Dashing Dave Meltzer was saying that the plan for Brock is to get as many of their guys over as they can. If this is the case, expect a few more pin falls on the guy. Triple H beating him would be something.

For me personally I dont care if Brock did or didnt go nuts after the match, I care about how he entertains me on screen and he is doing that massively. I dont care how many dates are on his contract, I hope to see him every week but if I dont then fair enough. I am not going to analyse how his career will go based on making too many appearances.

People say we only have him for a year but thats not necessarily true. He only signed a year long deal apparently but that doesnt mean he wont sign another one. Again, I am not going to over think it, if he is around great, if he isnt he isnt. For the first time in ages I am being worked by an unpredictable character and I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Over The Limit is shaping up nicely already and I thought Johnny was brilliant in the last segment last night.

I don't really buy the Cena vs Ace feud at all, it seems like the most out-of-nowhere contrived babyface vs authority figure storyline yet. Ace feuded with Punk for ages and it felt more natural, maybe if they were having a match now that'd seem organic. That he decided he wanted Cena dead the day after WrestleMania and they're having a match a few weeks later just strikes me as iffy. And Tensai is just the worst, so I'm dreading his involvement. But I'm intrigued by the novelty of the Over The Limit match and seeing Ace's return to the ring.

• Paid Members

I think if Austin ever came back for a match going by comments he's made it would be with an opponent where it's more even. He would want a back and forth match with Cena, Orton or Punk. Getting knee'd in the head and german suplexed all over the place probably isn't what he's looking for.

I really, really enjoyed that show.

The only problem they got is, like Pitcos said, at the minute there isn't really a reason why ACE is so mad at Cena. I can only presume they're going down the jealously route.

But, other than that, I really enjoyed the show.

I like the 'Beat The Clock' episodes because it gives the show a thread that runs through it all. The Brock chaos complimented it perfectly, a bit of a ying/yang situation where the show was based around a common thread but with little mental tangents. The Kimura did look fucking sick.

I presume Brock will do one for a bit and then face HHH at Summerslam. I don't really know where they're going with it, though. Which is awesome.

My favourite bit of the show was Jericho being in an accurate position on the card; i.e. Schlepping it about in the mid-card doing nothing of note.

I can't really comprise my thoughts accurately as i've just watched ER and Raw back-to-back and i'm burnt the fuck out on wrestling.

• Paid Members
Is Brock really on that light of a schedule that he won't be doing anything until the Summerslam build? I assumed he'd be back after Over the Limit at the lastest

They are supposedly paying him $5 million for 30 dates. They could ask him to do more dates, but why would he if they are already paying him that amount? I wouldnt.

Courtesy of F4Wonline.com [thank you, BarbarIAN]....

As seen on RAW last night, WWE temporarily wrote Brock Lesnar out of the storylines by having his contract status "up in the air" following the attack on Triple H in the opener. WWE's announcers stressed that Lesnar's future is in doubt with the company. WWE only has Lesnar for several dates per month and will have to come up with creative ways to keep him in and out of the storylines.

We noted earlier that Brock Lesnar had a meltdown backstage after his loss to John Cena at Extreme Rules. Lesnar was upset about Cena's post-match promo because the original plan had Cena getting stretchered out. Lesnar felt that he was made to look weak and WWE officials double crossed him.

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE's new mentality with Lesnar is that they're paying a lot of money for a guy who is not their top guy, so he should be used when he can to put over their top talents. People in Lesnar's camp were feeling like WWE was just testing Lesnar by having Cena cut the post-match speech.

Brock was told before the Extreme Rules match that Cena would go out on a stretcher and look totally incapacitated and be injured. Lesnar went nuts backstage in front of everyone, tearing things up and throwing a tantrum. Lesnar specifically yelled at Marc Carano, the assistant to John Laurinaitis, about how things are a mess and everything is wrong in WWE. Some felt that part of the tantrum was just an act by Lesnar to show to the locker room that he could quit at any minute. Some of those same people felt that WWE officials could have been involved in Lesnar trying to work the other talents.

Lesnar also suggested that Cena intentionally pulled down the top rope at Extreme Rules, causing him to nearly blow out his knee in the bad spot towards the end of the match where they both tumbled over to the floor. Again, most believe that there is no real heat between Cena and Lesnar over this and this also could have been part of an act by Lesnar.

Despite what's an act and what's part of the TV storylines, sources insist that Lesnar's status and future with WWE is a sticky situation. While Lesnar vs. Triple H is in the works for SummerSlam, some in the company are already predicting that he will end up working the remaining big pay-per-view events of 2012, Royal Rumble 2013 and then WrestleMania 29 before being done with the company.

• Paid Members

Watching that slow motion GIF of the Lesnar bump, it's obviously Cena's fault like. He jumps way too early so Brock hits nothing and just flies over the top. I'm not saying it was intentional or anything, but Cena fucked that bit up.

Archived