UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II Thread

The Natural

Who wins and how?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Who was the person to vote for Chael by submission? Bold prediction there. It's one thing tapping someone like Brian Stann who has a limited ground game. Submitting a Nogueira trained BJJ blackbelt like Anderson is another beast entirely. I feel very confident in saying that will not happen. I'd be interested to read the thinking behind that vote though.

Like others have said, if Anderson is really pissed off then I'm not sure if that's good or bad for Chael. It might play into Chael's hands, fighting angry rarely works,. Or it could turn out to be the biggest mistake Chael could have made.

This is gonna be something special. I still see Anderson by late submission again. Wouldn't be surprised if Chael got a points win either though.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Nah if you go to edit it you can delete the Faber vs Barao one by clicking the X by it I think. The Silva/Sonnen one should still be there.

I had to change the polls loads for that Evans vs Ortiz 2 card a while back and it was easy enough.

Nah if you go to edit it you can delete the Faber vs Barao one by clicking the X by it I think. The Silva/Sonnen one should still be there.

I had to change the polls loads for that Evans vs Ortiz 2 card a while back and it was easy enough.

Cheers. I've added a poll for Griffin/Ortiz III and updated the card in the first post of the thread.

I think you've done something wrong with the poll Natural. Its saying I've already voted on Griffin/Ortiz and I haven't. Seems to still have the poll results from Faber vs Barao.

If other posters are having the same problem, perhaps I should start the polls from scratch? I didn't vote in the Silva/Sonnen II and Faber/Barao polls before I added Griffin/Ortiz III because I'm still trying to decide who wins Silva/Sonnen II.

• Paid Members

Did you delete the Faber vs Barao poll or just edit the names? If you edited the names that'll be what's happened I think. You'll have to delete the whole Faber vs Barao bit from the poll and add a new bit where it says 'Add Poll Question' for Griffin/Ortiz mate.

Who was the person to vote for Chael by submission? Bold prediction there. It's one thing tapping someone like Brian Stann who has a limited ground game. Submitting a Nogueira trained BJJ blackbelt like Anderson is another beast entirely. I feel very confident in saying that will not happen. I'd be interested to read the thinking behind that vote though.

That was me. Haha. I did that quite some time back when Sonnen's BJJ coach said he could submit Silva. I did it just to see if it would be the lone vote for that choice.

In reality, following Silva's comments, I'd actually be surprised if Silva let's Sonnen see past the 2nd round

Ive gone Sonnen and Griffin, both by decision.

in the Griffin fight, i toyed with putting a TKO victory down as Tito has been really susceptible to body shots recently.

Sonnen/Silva, im 51-49 in favour of Sonnen atm, only because I believe the main key for a top middleweight to Silva is having no fear.

I know, sounds a bit shitty, but in the last few fights, Belfort and Okami both looked timid when exchanging with Anderson (and with good reason), they were gunshy allowing Silva to capitalise. Opponents respect his stand up so much that they are too timid to exchange.

Sonnen on the other hand has shown he is not afraid to take him on, it left him open to the submission but he took it to Silva like no other.

of course, this theory could be full of shit, as Griffin demonstrated ;)

• Paid Members

Re: pryko - Ha, watch Chael give a big 'fuck you' to everyone and against all logic submit Anderson with a flying triangle. You'll look like a genius if that somehow happened.

I'd usually always go with a Silva KO, but I think against Chael it's gonna have to be another war fought on the ground for the majority of the fight. And I never feel comfortable when Chael fucks about in the guard too long. Especially a really dangerous guard like Anderson's.

• Paid Members

Okay, we've all predicted who we think will win. We've pretty well beat that subject to death. Who does everyone WANT to win?

I'm split on this. I'm a fan of both but defo more an Anderson Silva fan. I'd love to see his streak carry on until he retires. Anderson retiring on top as champ would be fitting.

But....if Chael wins then there will undoubtedly be a third fight and who doesn't love a great trilogy? Especially when there's titles, and grudges involved. If Chael talked this much after losing the first time, what would he be like if he wins? A rubber match would be MASSIVE.

I'm torn on it.

I'm like a soft marky puppy in this case and I'm rooiting for the babyface that is Anderson Silva.

He's no Christ himself, but the way he won that first fight was way too amazing to ignore. You can NOT hate Silva when he is in the cage.

(I'll even defend him in the Demian Maia fight)

Archived