UKFF CD Swap

Tommy!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to start my own better version next week. This board needs more CD Swap threads. And countdowns.

Funnily enough, I voted your as yet made thread in at number one for the "Best CD swap of PPV video games Countdown". I assume CD stands for Chili Dog.

• Paid Members
Just so I'm clear, do I get allocated a recipient & then have to knock up a 'mix tape' that I think they'll like, ala Secret Santa or is this just getting a CD from your collection & posting it out?

Its knocking up a mix tape, so putting some songs on a disc purpose made for sending out.

Also one Q from me. Is it one that will play in all normal CD players, or is the intention to send a CD full of MP3 (or similar) files? Or a choice?

A regular audio CD would be best I'd imagine. I'm definitely in again.

Yeah, an audio CD.

Just so I'm clear, do I get allocated a recipient & then have to knock up a 'mix tape' that I think they'll like, ala Secret Santa or is this just getting a CD from your collection & posting it out?

The former, although that could extend to 'music you like and hope the other guy does'.

Saxonsqb still owes me one from 2 years ago. :angry:

Just to clarify though, unlike Secret Santa, the idea in the past has been to not know who your cd is going to, and not really being able to plan accordingly. You get given the real name of the person so you (in theory) don't know anything about the person you're making the cd for.

Although, now that the idea has been floated that you try to tailor it to the person, I quite like that.

Tommy - can you confirm what the plan is?

As it stands I'll not be sending out any forum names, if there's enough call for knowing who it is and doing it the other way we will know for next time

Tommy!, just remember: if Mike Castle signs up and you draw me out for him to send to, I know where you live.

:laugh:

• Moderators
Yeah, an audio CD.

The former, although that could extend to 'music you like and hope the other guy does'.

Saxonsqb still owes me one from 2 years ago. :angry:

Just to clarify though, unlike Secret Santa, the idea in the past has been to not know who your cd is going to, and not really being able to plan accordingly. You get given the real name of the person so you (in theory) don't know anything about the person you're making the cd for.

Although, now that the idea has been floated that you try to tailor it to the person, I quite like that.

Tommy - can you confirm what the plan is?

As it stands I'll not be sending out any forum names, if there's enough call for knowing who it is and doing it the other way we will know for next time

This is your chance to make history and be a pioneer, Tommy! Grab that bull by the balls, saddle up* and send out some forum names.

* This is definitely how you engage in the activity of bull-riding.

• Paid Members

I should most likely partake in this too but, i'm not sending an email of confirmation just yet as my machine which holds all my music is currently utterly fucked. So Tommys timing hasn't been the best for me, hopefully i'll get it sorted soon enough or just get myself a sexy Macbook and replace the piece of turd. I don't want to risk a visit to the gulag.

I know more or less what i'll be sending though, probably 3 CDs one of which will be full of songs that aren't necessarily favourites, in fact certainly not but more of a concept album, telling a story that will most likely go completely over the listeners head or fail to engage them but very much with the intention of taking them on a nice little journey of emotions with lots of metaphors/references to pirates, ships and the sea. The other two again, wouldn't just be a load of my favouritist tunes but would certainly have a theme. I won't say what that will be though as it would probably give the game away to whoever receives my CD. There'd be a few favourites in there though of course and hopefully the recipient will be introduced to something new they enjoy.

Tommy, mind if a throw out a few suggestions/tweaks? The rest of you feel free to throw in your two cents on if you like the idea or dismiss it. I love this little concept that we do here with this but, with some of the effort some guys put in, it's a bit of a shame that sometimes their CD could fall into the ears of another poster it just doesn't click with and then that is that. I've thought before and what i was going to throw out there for feedback if i started this thread was to have a rolling CD swap for a designated period. So, rather than just send your CD to one person and receive one CD, once everyone has received theirs (plenty will copy whatever tracks they want and then never use the CD again) so how about once everyone has received one, everyone's name goes back in the randomizer and gets sent a new address and then pass on the CD they originally received to the next person. Yay, nay?

• Paid Members
I know more or less what i'll be sending though, probably 3 CDs one of which will be full of songs that aren't necessarily favourites, in fact certainly not but more of a concept album, telling a story that will most likely go completely over the listeners head or fail to engage them but very much with the intention of taking them on a nice little journey of emotions with lots of metaphors/references to pirates, ships and the sea. The other two again, wouldn't just be a load of my favouritist tunes but would certainly have a theme. I won't say what that will be though as it would probably give the game away to whoever receives my CD.

I think you've said enough to ensure that already! As for the tweaks, I'm up for whatever, I'll just follow the official line.

I put together a 19-track playlist just browsing through Itunes earlier, and thought of a couple more I don't own yet that'll go on too. I did intend to include my username on the track list, along with some notes on some/all of the songs. Is that allowed?

• Paid Members
I know more or less what i'll be sending though, probably 3 CDs one of which will be full of songs that aren't necessarily favourites, in fact certainly not but more of a concept album, telling a story that will most likely go completely over the listeners head or fail to engage them but very much with the intention of taking them on a nice little journey of emotions with lots of metaphors/references to pirates, ships and the sea. The other two again, wouldn't just be a load of my favouritist tunes but would certainly have a theme. I won't say what that will be though as it would probably give the game away to whoever receives my CD.

I think you've said enough to ensure that already!

...Or have i!? I enjoy a good swerve.

Archived