20 Years Of Premier League - GOALS!

Burchill's Buddy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Player: Roy Keane

Best Goal: Paolo Di Canio's volley against Wimbledon is always one that sticks in my mind

Most Memorable Quote: Has to be Keegan's self destruction,followed by Cantona and his seagulls,and Roy Keane telling Viera ''I'll see you out there big man''

Best Celebration: Ian Wright getting mixed up with how many goals he scored and showing his vest too early thinking he's broken a scoring record

Best Striker: Alan Shearer

Best Midfielder: Patrick Viera

Best Defender: Sami Hyypia

Best Goalkeeper: Shay Given

Best Match: Spurs 4 Arsenal 5

Best Manager: Alex Ferguson

Best Season: 1997/1998 followed by 2001/2002

• Paid Members

Best Player - Paul Scholes

Best Goal - Paul Scholes v Aston Villa. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=LEBuxDDBRtU

Most Memorable Quote -

Interviewer: David, do you think you can be somewhat volatile on the pitch?

Beckham: Well yes. I mean, my position is right wing, but I can play anywhere across the middle, or even just off the striker. So I would say that I can be quite volatile in fact.

Best Celebration - Eric Cantona after his chip v Sunderland

Best Striker - I really can't pick one. I mean, Henry, Shearer, Cantona, Fowler, Owen.........

Best Midfielder - Paul Scholes

Best Defender - Vidic

Best Goalkeeper - Peter Schmeichel

Best Match - Arsenal 4 - 4 Liverpool (the Arshavin game) or the Spurs v Chelsea 4-4 from 08 (I think it was 08)

Best Save - David Seaman, where he claws it back from behind himself, can't remember the opponent

Best Season - 07/08. United won the League/Champions League double. Mourinho sacked. Keegan brought the circus back to Newcastle. Ronaldo was unbelievably good. Torres was sexual to watch.

Best Manager - Sir Alex, of course.

Best Player - Ryan Giggs. It's got to be.

Best Goal - Eric Cantona vs Sunderland, 1996

Most Memorable Quote - Anything by Gordon Strachan.

Interviewer: Bang goes your unbeaten run, Gordon, can you take it?

GS: No, I can't. I'm going to go home, burst into tears and become an alcoholic, quivering wreck. Of course I can take it.

Best Celebration - Van Nistelrooy sinks to his knees in front of the United faithful, screaming like an animal after scoring the goal that ended Arsenal's long unbeaten run, 2004. That was sweet.

Best Midfielder - Paul Scholes. The best midfielder of the Premier League era, bar none.

Best Defender - Rio Ferdinand

Best Goalkeeper - Peter Schmeichel

Best Match - Man United 4 - 2 Arsenal, 2004

Best Season - 2012

Best Manager - Sir Alex Ferguson

• Paid Members

Best Player - Paul Scholes

Best Goal - Le Tissier vs Newcastle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzMpdLlbZm0

Most Memorable Quote - "I'll love it if we beat them, love it"

Best Celebration - Gyan (+Zenden) vs Chelsea

Best Striker - Thierry Henry

Best Midfielder - Ryan Giggs

Best Defender - Tony Adams

Best Goalkeeper - Van Der Sar

Best Match - Newcastle 1 - 2 Sunderland (Quinn's header)

Best Save - Craig Gordon vs Bolton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjXIsAACBuE

Best Season - 95 / 96 Keegan's meltdown

Best Manager - Sir Alex

L_E_T_H_A_L that is a very Man Utd flavoured list you've got there Best Player - Thierry HenryBest Goal - Dennis Bergkamp Vs NewcastleMost Memorable Quote - 'Gordon Can we have a quick word? 'Velocity'Best Celebration - Pires after scoring against Villa just nodding as if 'I'm a fucking genius'Best Striker - ShearerBest Midfielder - GiggsBest Defender - Sol CampbellBest Goalkeeper - Peter SchmeichelBest Match - 4-4 Chelsea/Spurs tied with 4-4 Liverpool/Arsenal.Best Save - David James against Lampard at Stamford Bridge in 2007? Point blank one handed volley saveBest Season - 1999. Arsenal/Man Utd were at their absolute best this season. Two fantastic teams going for the league.Best Manager - Sir Alex, of course.

Best Player - thierry henryBest Goal - nicolas jensen man city vs leeds 02/03Most Memorable Quote - peter crouch asked what hed be if he wasnt a footballer " a virgin"Best Celebration - lee sharpe at aston villa, 3 amigos i thinkBest Striker - Alan ShearerBest Midfielder - paul scholes(that hurt)Best Defender - Tony AdamsBest Goalkeeper - Peter Schmeichel "2002-2003 was his best year obviouslyBest Match - liverpool 4 newcastle 3Best Save - Peter Schmeichel from el hadj diouf at anfield, liverpool 1 man city 2Best Season - 97/98 unbelievable comeback from the arseBest Manager - baconface

• Paid Members

The Iceman

Zola dances through Man Utd

Makelele proving what he could have done if he didn't have to spend years of his career cleaning up Zidane and Lampard's mess.

Di Canio is a dickhead[/url

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Steve fucking Watson!

Man Utd feel the wrath of the wardrobe

I've fucked up about half those links, give me a second...

That'll do.

The Iceman

Zola dances through Man UtdMakelele proving what he could have done if he didn't have to spend years of his career cleaning up Zidane and Lampard's mess.Di Canio is a dickhead[/urlIs it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Steve fucking Watson!
Man Utd feel the wrath of the wardrobeI've fucked up about half those links, give me a second...That'll do.
The Zola v united one and the Makelele one are both Zola v United.

• Paid Members

I can't find the one I'm looking for, but it's big Ian Marshall (playing for Oldham in the first Premiership season) running into the keeper, lobbing him, clattering him and running off with the best celebration ever. It might have been against Norwich.

Back of his hair seemed to have a life of its own as he was blowing kisses at the crowd. Ian Darke was on commentary.

• Paid Members

I'm bored sat on my arse off work with conjunctivitis, so here is my

Completely unbiased best goals in Prem history (that I can find of watchable quality on Youtube)

back when football was crap.

smashes one in against United. Pity he's a dick.

Fredi Kanoute has a John Smiths moment.

lamps it at Anfield.

with power AND precision.

Paul Robinson totes meant that. "What a strike!"

creates something out of nothing.

David Bentley self-actualizes, before falling into oblivion. Apologies for shit musak on the vid.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Danny Rose. Who? I know.

Gareth Bale strokes one home at Eastlands.

Actually, sat staring at Youtube long enough to find those clips probably did nothing for my eyes.

Archived