20 Years Of Premier League - GOALS!

Burchill's Buddy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Obviously some right biased choices here, but I'd be fucked if I care. Here goes:

Best Player - Dennis Bergkamp

Best Goal - Tony Yeboah VS Liverpool. I could've put a Bergkamp goal here, but whenever I think of 'great Premier League goal', this one instantly pops into my head above all the others

Most Memorable Quote - Edging Cantona's seagull speech, it has to be "I am a European Champion. I think I am a special one". Keegan's rant third.

Best Celebration - Do fans count? Cos I vote for the curly haired guy that went mental when Overmars scored the winner VS Man U in 98.

Best Striker - Thierry Henry

Best Midfielder - Ryan Giggs

Best Defender - Tony Adams

Best Goalkeeper - Peter Schmeichel

Best Match - Arsenal 4 - 0 Everton, 1998. When we won our first Premier League title.

Best Save - David Seaman VS Sheff United, although I guess it doesn't really count as it was in the FA Cup. Can't think of another off-hand though.

Best Season - 1997/98. 03/04 was invincible, but I can't explain the joy of seeing us catch up with United and win our first Premiership. After a few years of pure dominance from Man U (bar 95), I never believed we would do it, until we beat them 1-0. And the Everton game was the ultimate climax with donkey scoring twice. Easily my highest high as a football fan, cloud nine doesn't even begin to describe it.

Best Manager - Ol' red nose, obviously.

Most Memorable Quote - Theo Walcott, a few weeks ago. After being asked if he was playing better in response to criticism that he wasn't consistent enough, he responded with "I think I've been much more consistent this season, in patches". You might talk a bit posh, but you're still thick as fuck.

It actually makes perfect sense.

• Awards Moderator

Gee whizz, I completely forgot about that John Harley goal! But now you've reminded me I remember watching it on MOTD in the ale house and the place just fell about laughing. It was the epitome of 'just twat it!'. Brilliant stuff.

• Paid Members

It was probably the best goal at the KC during our Premier League run. That or Darren Gibson's rocket http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYEpv-78woo

Best goal against us was the Glen Johnson goal that won Goal Of The Season:

Off the topic, this is a great story. 4 year old kid sent Pappiss Cisse a "Welcome to Newcastle" card from school. Cisse turned up at his house to say thank you. http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-30776162/

• Awards Moderator

As this looks like it's heading towards a series of great Premier League goal links, any chance you could split this in to a separate thread, Rick? Could be a cracker and will save clogging this thread up.

If only that Darren Ambrose goal was in the Prem, we'd have an outright winner :(

• Paid Members
As this looks like it's heading towards a series of great Premier League goal links, any chance you could split this in to a separate thread, Rick? Could be a cracker and will save clogging this thread up.

Good idea. Now oddly says 40+ replies, 2 views!

Archived