Roster Massacre

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

It's Wrestlemania season which means soon it will also be spring cleaning season. Where WWE usually dumps a few talents on there arse because they either have no use for them, they've outlived there usefulness or the writers just flat out do fuck all and squander someone.

It's always interesting to see who gets the chop. Whenever a fantasy list appears on here of who people think will get released, they are usually oddly off the mark and we get a few surprises.

So lets talk about the times WWE has been trigger happy with the future endeavors and what could have been done different. Who didn't deserve to be released? Was someone released for political reasons etc.

IIRC the years with big cuts that come to mind are 1988 (Patera, Killer Bees, JYD, Muraco etc), 1992 (when half the roster fucked off because of steroids), 1999 (DOA, LOD, Public Enemy, Blue Meanie, Dan Severn, Paul Ellering and god knows who else was dumped after Mania XV) and most recently the largest spree of releases were in 2004 and 2005. In 04 Test, A-Train, Billy Gunn, some divas and some other people my mind blots out were released and in July 2005 about 20 talents were released (involving Kidman, Haas & Gayda, some cruiserweights, Mordecai, Kenzo and more) some thought this was to free up some dosh to lure Lesnar back when he popped in to see Vince for a coffee in early July 2005.

If anyone (Lister probably) can give a more accurate list please do.

So... mass firings.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there ever been a time when so many offered so little to the overall product?

I would get rid of loads who either need to improve in the ring or need to work on a personality and character, if they are good enough they will make it back, if they are not then fuck them for not being good enough

You're right, fye. There are loads for whom the only argument for keeping is "they have decent matches on the WWE.com shows." Kidd, Baretta, The Usos and all them boys can be chopped without any great loss.

As for surprises, I'd go for at least one of Bourne, Swagger, DiBiase, Henry, Miz, Sin Cara.

I'm hoping Zeke goes. I can't stand the fucker, he's good at nothing, and maybe going working somewhere else would improve him.

• Paid Members

JTG is surely for the chop this time round, I can't believe he's still there to be honest. I'd be happy for T-Reks to go too, he's shown nothing to suggest he's worth keeping around. Yoshi Tatsu is never going to move up the ladder, so they might as well let someone else have his spot on Superstars now.

• Paid Members

I don't really mind as long as Tyler Reks and Yoshi Tatsu are left alone. I love those two and have always wished WWE would do more with them (Reks especially as i thought his look when he was briefly on smackdown with the massive beard and dreadlocks was brilliant, and I'm always sure to catch his work on NXT.) I'd love to see Zeke gone as he's incredibly dull and has never entertained me. Same with Mark Henry but that's never going to happen sadly as they booked him strongly on Raw. More realistically it wouldn't bother me if someone like Mason Ryan or JTG was given the boot.

• Paid Members

Normally I enjoy playing "who on the roster would you chop?" But there's so many people I don't give a shit about that you could get rid of half the guys in WWE and I wouldn't care as long as they were replaced. WWE undercard interest is at an all time low. Give some guys some feuds, stables or angles, it's awful.

• Paid Members

I'm just sick of Long on TV. He has done the GM thing for too long.

Why is Miz in the doghouse?

The Miz is in the doghouse because his title reign did not do as well as hoped, he got blamed for Survivor Series bombing and for being a girl/lame brain when he didn't protect R-Truth when R Truth was doing a flip to the outside (Triple H gave him a bollocking in front of the boys for that one).

Archived