Roster Massacre

WWFChilli

Am I the only one who actually likes Jack Swagger then?

Del Rio's questionable promos aside, his in-ring work is stellar. He's one of the most talented workers in the company. HIAC was where I was finally sold on him. His work in the main event was excellent.

I actually don't think the problem lies with the superstars themselves. Most of them have the tools necessary to make a success for themselves. Even guys like Mahal have the look and skills in my eyes to be a future world champion, if they were given a big push. The problem is the writing. Guys aren't given time to get themselves over and when they are, the promos are rubbish. Even when pushes are doled out, it's curbed a month or two later. The mid-card is in woeful shape. You've got a great wealth of Cruiserweight and Tag Team talent, and no real divisions to use it in.

JTG can fuck off, though. He is genuinely the one talent I would take great pleasure in axing.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Am I the only one who actually likes Jack Swagger then?

I liked him, I like his strength and build, Kurt Angle is my favourite wrestler ever and Brock Lesnar is my other favourite so I thought he seemed in a similar vein to those two. One main event push later and his limitations were really exposed, hard to get into him at all now.

I hate Jinder Mahal, he's shit.

• Paid Members
Nah, Del Rio has a great face for wrestling. He looks like Cristiano Ronaldo's older brother (very punchable). Del Rio needs to be a bit more dynamic, I feel; he's a one note kind of guy. That's a problem for most of the roster though.

But most wrestling characters have been one note. The Million Dollar Man wasn't particularly multi-layered.

DiBiase was dynamic though. He had the same philosophy all the time (buy the World) but he went about it in different ways. Whether that was treating the crowd like animals, buying the title/making his own title etc. Del Rio is on Raw every week and all he's done is go about his "destiny" before a feud, they need to flesh him out more.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is something there with Del Rio but WWE need to give him more. He hasn't really evolved since his debut feud with Rey

Yeah, maybe surprise is completely the wrong word for him. But he's not long removed from a really high-profile tag title reign, so in some respects it'd be more surprising for him to go than Tyler Reks or JTG.

That didnt save John Morrison though :laugh: He was in the opener at SSeries for the US title and had actually pinned Dolph clean the week before.

Didn't John Morrison want to leave anyway though?

I doubt they get rid of either Jinder Mahal or Khali, with Ring Ka King doing well, they will want to keep all there Indian wrestlers and Jinder Mahal is only about 24 so has plenty of time on his side.

• Paid Members
That didnt save John Morrison though :laugh: He was in the opener at SSeries for the US title and had actually pinned Dolph clean the week before.

They didnt sack John Morrison, though. He refused to sign a contract, so they jobbed him on the way out. If he'd have given into their contract demands, he'd be still in the uppercard now. He'll probably be back in 2012. Thats probably why he didnt sign for TNA. Everyone who walks out off their own back, they bring back eventually.

They didnt sack John Morrison, though. He refused to sign a contract, so they jobbed him on the way out. If he'd have given into their contract demands, he'd be still in the uppercard now. He'll probably be back in 2012. Thats probably why he didnt sign for TNA. Everyone who walks out off their own back, they bring back eventually.

Fucking hell, I didn't even notice he'd gone. Although as I only tend to watch WWE Experience and the PPVs these days it seems like I'm only up-to-date with the mid/uppercarders and the same 3 or 4 divas that rotate in matches every ruddy PPV.

Archived