Roster Massacre

WWFChilli

Axing Alboreto would be a great start. The guy had plenty of chances but has absolutely nothing to offer, it was funny when Punk told him that he was a one-promo bore with nothing to say and instead of saying something clever or witty in response he just started talking about "Destiny" again. The money spent on expensive loaner cars could be used to help put over a couple of more deserving candidates.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Axing Alboreto would be a great start. The guy had plenty of chances but has absolutely nothing to offer, it was funny when Punk told him that he was a one-promo bore with nothing to say and instead of saying something clever or witty in response he just started talking about "Destiny" again. The money spent on expensive loaner cars could be used to help put over a couple of more deserving candidates.

They're not really his cars?!

Del Rio had some fantastic matches last year and he will again this year. He's brilliant in the ring and thoroughly believable. Polish his character and mic work somewhat and he'll be fine.

• Paid Members

Oh how I have missed you hilariously changing Alberto's name to Alboreto every time you mention him. What wit!WWE promos are scripted so if Alberto's promos suck, it's the material he's been given. In his run up to Wrestlemania and through to his draft to Raw he was doing great promos. His retirement party for Edge was brilliant. And in the ring he's one of the best they have (he had tons of great matches last year), he looks like a million bucks, he has realistic looking offense, he comes across as genuine tough guy unlike most the other heels currently, he has a great entrance, Ricardo Rodriguez is a great part of his act and he knows his character and is believable when portraying it. Promos are his only weak spot, he just needs some better material and he will be the complete package.

• Paid Members

Oh how I have missed you hilariously changing Alberto's name to Alboreto every time you mention him. What wit!

Vito's all for recurring gags as long as they're not at his expense. How was Raw on Monday, Vito?

• Paid Members

Problem with ADR is that he doesn't connect with the crowd at all. His promo's as a result, are surrounded by silence. I can't really explain why because his delivery is OK, his facials are great, his evil laugh is good, the gimmick is solid and his ring work is excellent. And yet he's still really, really, really dull.

I actually think it's quite difficult to come up with names to chop. Most of the names mentioned so far are inoffensive guys who flesh out the roster, rarely appear on main TV and do a decent job of making other guys look good. Surely no-one would be stupid enough to get rid of Kidd, JTG, Uso's, etc, I don't know. Not everyone can be a superstar and they seem to accept that. They are great guys to have around.

It's a pity Evan Bourne's situation has come to this. He's a cracking talent. Never going to be a massive star but will always be popular with the kids. Sounds like he's an idiot though.

People I'd bin because they get a load of TV time and I find them offensive to have to watch these days:

Swagger, Mahal, Vickie Guerrero, Teddy Long, Khali, Booker T, Ezekiel Jackson, Drew McIntyre, Sin Cara and Ted Dibiase.

They are people who are taking up a spot someone else could use. Not your JTTS type people.

Oh, and all the Diva's too.

• Paid Members
I'm hoping Zeke goes. I can't stand the fucker, he's good at nothing, and maybe going working somewhere else would improve him.

I would certainly not miss his constant fucking powerslams

Problem with ADR is that he doesn't connect with the crowd at all. His promo's as a result, are surrounded by silence. I can't really explain why because his delivery is OK, his facials are great, his evil laugh is good, the gimmick is solid and his ring work is excellent. And yet he's still really, really, really dull.

I actually think it's quite difficult to come up with names to chop. Most of the names mentioned so far are inoffensive guys who flesh out the roster, rarely appear on main TV and do a decent job of making other guys look good. Surely no-one would be stupid enough to get rid of Kidd, JTG, Uso's, etc, I don't know. Not everyone can be a superstar and they seem to accept that. They are great guys to have around.

It's a pity Evan Bourne's situation has come to this. He's a cracking talent. Never going to be a massive star but will always be popular with the kids. Sounds like he's an idiot though.

People I'd bin because they get a load of TV time and I find them offensive to have to watch these days:

Swagger, Mahal, Vickie Guerrero, Teddy Long, Khali, Booker T, Ezekiel Jackson, Drew McIntyre, Sin Cara and Ted Dibiase.

They are people who are taking up a spot someone else could use. Not your JTTS type people.

Oh, and all the Diva's too.

I def agree with you, but I wonder if half the guys who are considered "dead weight" mainly the guys that appear on NXT have ever really been given a chance on the main roster. The Usos occasionally appear but have they ever done a promo to get themselves over. Have the ever been given a push? Same could be said for the Reks/Hawkins combo which I think has potential. There are a lot of guys there who could use just a chance on the main shows to try and get over if wwe actually bothered putting some effort into the undercard, from the openers up to the midcard. i think Trent Baretta could make an excellent mid card high flying face if they tried that, or wanted a replacement for when Evan Bourne eventually is fired.

Jack Swagger and Ezekiel Jackson can piss off though.

• Paid Members

It's all a problem with the booking. He has never had a fued that has needed him to add any depth to his charater as all his fueds have been pointless with no twists or turns or real angles. When you give wrestlers something to talk about other than "I want to beat you" it helps their characters flourish and grow, the crowd get invested in them and it raises their stature on the card. Creative have never really given him anything to work with or written any decent promos for him. English is his second language so he's probably not going to be comfortable making it up on the spot like John Cena, CM Punk or The Miz etc. are happy to do. He's got all the tools, he just needs the writers to take care of him.

• Paid Members

I really wish ADR had been brought in doing the exact same gimmick but in a mask, I've heard that was the idea but CM Punk was a masked heel at the time so they didn't do it. A masked millionaire mexican heel in a suit would be an amazing gimmick and have some great visuals and I really think it would've gotten over a lot better and hidden his shortcomings totally. Del Rio is fine but I do think there's something lacking, Lagoosh's point was good.

Nah, Del Rio has a great face for wrestling. He looks like Cristiano Ronaldo's older brother (very punchable). Del Rio needs to be a bit more dynamic, I feel; he's a one note kind of guy. That's a problem for most of the roster though.

But most wrestling characters have been one note. The Million Dollar Man wasn't particularly multi-layered.

• Moderators

He did... stuff, though! It was a gimmick that easily translated into wrestling storylines. Also, less promo and tv time and matches back then so the depth wasn't needed. I do think you need a bit more going on to be a top dog these days.

I dunno. Maybe that's not it. But it does feel like something is lacking with Bertie.

Archived