Deathmatch interest thread

Richie Freebird

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

quick question regarding Whacks, how did he become involved in the actual deathmatch stuff? i remember him being a photographer and entering the random battle royale's back in the day but is he like a fully fledged member of the roster now?

quick question regarding Whacks, how did he become involved in the actual deathmatch stuff? i remember him being a photographer and entering the random battle royale's back in the day but is he like a fully fledged member of the roster now?

Nah, not for CZW at least. He mainly appears at the lower level tournaments such as the Carnage Cup and other Deep South deathmatch events, but I haven

• Paid Members

Amazing couple of posts there Richie, I love this thread. Danny Havoc's someone I've not seen for a few years. The last times I saw him he was always the young underdog jobber who'd get the absolute fuck kicked out of him by Necro, Toby Klein, Nick Gage etc. Good to see he certainly seems to have blossomed and risen through the deathmatch ranks.

2 pointless remarks:

1) Is Havoc Norwegian or something? (I'm referring to his tattoo of the Norwegian flag).

2) I highly approve of the Cannibal Corpse remark. That's also what went through my head when I first saw that picture before reading your caption!

Speaking of Whacks he did a jump from around the same height at IWA - MS King Of The Deathmatches 2008.

(Skip to 2:10 to see it.)

Also as a bonus, here's Blood's infamous injury at CZW Tournament Of Death 4:

snapshot20120528201818.jpg

The injury (As well as puncture wounds in his arm which bled a lot.) was caused when Danny Havoc clotheslined him over the top rope into a shopping trolley full of lighttubes. The match was the student battle royale.

Blood pretty much gave up on wrestling after the incident.

Lastly a shout out to The Zandig Special who is reviewing some CZW shows and features pictures such as the Blood injury.

EDIT: Good work Richie, thank-you for your reviews.

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members

Angel went through a stage of taking the most insane spots id ever seen in wrestling. The Supreme one shown above is absolutely insane, considering Supreme basically came down on top of him, from that height?!

The bump he took off the XPW cage was crazy too, he basically flipped from the top of the cage (which was stupidly high for a cage) and landed in a seated postion after going through the tables set like they were paper.

I genuinely thought he was going to kill himself sooner or later.

I was at that Exit Sandman show Richie. I believe there was an announcement before the match saying that the State Athletic Commisson had banned the use of glass and barbed-wire, so they had to do the crazy dive stuff instead. There was talk of all kinds of crazy weapons and contraptions being used in that match in the build-up, but apparently it all got scrapped at the last minute so they made the scaffold bumps the focus of the danger.

The bump where two of them came of was fucking scary live.