Games that should get remakes.

CleetusVanDamme

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chaos Engine. A glorious steampunk setting, with a bunch of playable characters to choose from - Thug, Preacher, Mercenary, Gentleman, Navvie and Brigand. There was already a levelling up aspect, so it's perfect for a Borderlands-style remake.

Played the absolute shit out of this on the Atari ST. Very few, if any games, have done steampunk better than that. Was it 4 player? My memory says "yes" but I might be confusing it with Alien Breed....

Bitmap Brothers were just the boss back then weren't they? So many quality titles, Chaos Engine, Speedball 2, Magic Pockets, Gods, Xenon II and Cadaver were all among my fondest ST/Amiga memories.

In terms of franchises that need to be rebooted, I always wondered what a 3D version of Alex Kidd would be like.

As for remakes, Shenmue would be nice, and if somebody could just clone the old Wrestlefest engine and release a beast of a retro WWE game for XBLA, it would please me greatly.

However, I'd settle for Def Jam 2: Fight For NY and The Warriors working on my Xbox 360.

• Paid Members
In terms of franchises that need to be rebooted, I always wondered what a 3D version of Alex Kidd would be like.

Not 3d, but still,

It's incredible that I haven't played that game in about 15 years, but as I watch the clip I can still remember that level layout almost block for block. I didn't even like it that much, but it was built into my MS2, so it was the first game I ever played on a home console. I played the shit out of it.

It's incredible that I haven't played that game in about 15 years, but as I watch the clip I can still remember that level layout almost block for block. I didn't even like it that much, but it was built into my MS2, so it was the first game I ever played on a home console. I played the shit out of it.

I loved it me, still do. I also had it built into the Master System II, which was my first console, and therefore it was my first game too. I thought it was fantastic, I periodically dig it out for a game to this day, though I

• Paid Members

I loved it me, still do. I also had it built into the Master System II, which was my first console, and therefore it was my first game too. I thought it was fantastic, I periodically dig it out for a game to this day, though I

• Paid Members

That Alex Kidd remix video looks brilliant, like Arch I remember the levels block for block.

I played a couple of Alex Kidd games for the Master System. The Lost Stars or something was shit. Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, which I believe was just a reboot of Shinobi but with Alex Kidd, was class.

• Paid Members

I bloody loved Dino Crisis. It's really strange that there is no dinosaur gaming franchise currently, huge gap in the market there as far as I'm concerned. A Jurassic Park game set on the first island would be ideal.

Anyway - a game I'd like to see remade would be The Unholy War for PS1. Had some really cool characters/monsters in that and I'd love to see what improvements they could do on it in this day and age.

Archived