Games that should get remakes.

CleetusVanDamme

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
ROAD RASH

Why they've not brought this back is beyond me. It'd be ideal for online mutliplayer shit. Someone please enlighten me as to why this hasn't happened? I remember it being a massive game in the 90's.

Not only a beast of a user name (get ready coz ya goin for a long hike), you also speak the truth when it comes to games.

Road Rash without a doubt deserves a modern day version. Its had its cacky ps1 knock outs, such as jail break, that was fucking carpet burn to the cock bad. There is also images kicking around the net of a xbox 360 revamp, but it was scrapped, so as it stands, nowt on the cards.

But yeah, if nothing else, as if a ps3 (ps1) mini hasnt been made.

As well as this, i was a fan of the mega drive rollerblading (road rash knock off) called 'skitchin'... good stuff

EDIT - just read the full 3 pages and realised im the 4th person to comment on road rash and rehash the same info, clearly its still popular.

I can't for the life of me believe they haven't brought out an updated version of International Track and Field.

I know it was re-released as a PSmini afew years back (apparently no longer available though for some reason), but all they'd need to do is just update the graphics - no need to mess with the gameplay at all. Played it again a couple of years ago on a mates PS1 and (bar the graphics) it still held up as a fantastic game to play with your mates.

Not really, that is like saying Wrestlefest is the same as WWE '12.

The Olympics games (unintended pun) are way too over-thought and most just don't run smoothly, where as Track & Field is a good old button basher game that you can get straight into and generally never get bored with.

• Moderators

I hate when people say "no pun intended" when they haven't actualy made a pun.

Anyway... Never get bored of? Really? It's fun to pick up for a blast with mates, possibly even blitz it for a week or so trying to get really good times but after that I'm pretty sure you will quickly get bored of it.

• Paid Members

I cant think of a game i have never eventually been bored of, whether its the mind drilling shiteness of 'where in the world is carmen san diego?' or GTA iV, after a period of time i will turn a game off and not care if i saved it or not.

I do love a good session, don't get me wrong, but even if i keep going back to a game, theres only so much i can take in one sitting.

Can we hold off the hilarious ironic posts for another 24 hours? This thread is actually quite good.

Battlefield 3 is the only game I've not got bored of, and it scares me a bit as I've not played any other games since I bought it back in, what, November?

• Paid Members

I'm not really a fan of games from the 8 and 16 bit days being remade. I'd really rather not have to spend 3 days figuring out the controls and sitting through cut scenes for a new version of The New Zealand Story.

Did they ever make a HD version of Rainbow Islands? That would be so bad arse.

. That's the wii version, but it also came out on XBLA (which I own) and I assume PSN as well. It wasn't bad arse though, just plain arse.

• Paid Members
A 2012 version of "Rockstar Ate My Hamster" by Codemasters would be great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Star_Ate_My_Hamster

Loved that game. Spent hours on it back in the day.

The game I want remaking/updating? Fire Pro. And not that Xbox live shit thats coming later this year. Proper, modifyable Fire Pro with blood!

It'll never happen, but Jumping Flash! on PS1 (and its sequel) were both fantastic. Lovely, not especially challenging, cartoony goodness. If they could remake it with various challenges/unlockables giving you a reason to return to play it repeatedly (a la Mario 64) it would be perfect.

psx-587-41311964007.jpg

Also, classic DOS games

Cosmos Cosmic Adventure

cosmo2.gif

and Commander Keen

Keen1a.png

and what the hell, Jill Of The Jungle

Jill_of_the_Jungle.screenshot.png

Archived