Games that should get remakes.

CleetusVanDamme

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Alone In The Dark series get a re-boot. The version that got released on the X-Box/PS3 had some good ideas but IMO had a shite story, it was basically a glorified action/shoot 'em up game(kinda like Resi 5 but even worse) and it was set in fucking Central Park. It's hard to feel scared of hordes of monsters coming after you when you can jump into a car and drive away from them.

The PS1 really was a great console, as you got both the beginnings of the now-default genres, and also completely weird, fantastic titles.

Like Sentinel Returns:

Sentpc1.JPG

Or one absolutely ripe for a reboot, G-Police:

s966373f8431bc9eef1fd50e6580308ad.jpg

• Paid Members

I personally would love to see a resurgence in the Zool franchise.

A fantastic character with great abilities and weaponry that would translate across to a 3 dimensional platform world really well.

Where Mario is still (imo) slow moving as a 3D platformer, and Sonic has somewhat really lost it's feel of speed that the originals pushed. The ability to move quick, jump expanses and cling to walls would be a great little dynamic to a 3D platform world.

• Paid Members
Ooh I have a good one- Night Trap from Mega CD! I reckon a 3DS version would be superb

Oh now we're talking. Still holds a special place in my heart this one. Although with the internet now it just wouldn't be the same, with it being so easy to find the times and locations of all the Augers I doubt many people would have the patience to play through it over and over and over like we did

Here's a full playthrough

Ah just watching it, it's so fucking exciting watching a still image turn into video of stalky vampire rapists breaking in.

• Paid Members

I'd like to see Headhunter on XBL/PSN and given an HD update. It was a Dreamcast game, that was later ported to-and had a shit sequel on the PS2. It was an action game that had some MGS stealth-like bits in it, some cool bosses, that sprinkled in a few Resident Evil style puzzles and some tense timed bike races across the city to defuse bombs.

The plot was quite cool, like Bourne Identity-meets-24-meets Robocop-meets-Die Hard with a guy that looks like Chuck Norris in the lead role. So I think it would be worth trying a relaunch as well.

I'd like to see Headhunter on XBL/PSN and given an HD update. It was a Dreamcast game, that was later ported to-and had a shit sequel on the PS2. It was an action game that had some MGS stealth-like bits in it, some cool bosses, that sprinkled in a few Resident Evil style puzzles and some tense timed bike races across the city to defuse bombs.

The plot was quite cool, like Bourne Identity-meets-24-meets Robocop-meets-Die Hard with a guy that looks like Chuck Norris in the lead role. So I think it would be worth trying a relaunch as well.

Headhunter was good, but it was one of their most expensive games of all time produce iirc, like Shenmue I and II ,it is development of games such as this, combined with Dreamcast sales that finished them as a console player

• Paid Members

STRIDER

I know its been knocked up for mobile phones a couple of years back, i think the ps1 knocked one out in the early 2000's too, but i would love to see a new modern day version of the game.

It was a cool game and i really enjoyed it, i think it could still work today with modern graphics and a newer plot.

STRIDER_cover.jpg

strider.jpg

g4037shots.jpg

972779-strider__ue______052_super.jpg

There were a couple of Strider sequels. Strider 2 made it to home computers/consoles in the early 1990's as a follow on. Switchblade II, which is a great game in its own right is kinda similar in theme and execution

In the arcades, there was a sequel around 2000 called Strider 2 and mixed 2d and 3d parts similar to the modern Contra Games. Its okay but doesnt strike the same resonance.

HD remake? could work, dont know if the audience would be out there though for it now, other than what is posted on here

I loved Strider (on Atari ST) but, like most side-scrolling beat-em-ups (or any side-scrolling game) there's no point in a remake. The game mechanics won't adapt to the modern era in a way that would make any sense unless you completely change the game, so they're probably as fun played in emulation as they'd ever get.

Archived