UKFF exclusive: Hulk Who Beyond The Extreme's 15th anniversary

JNLister

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite simply, Brian Christopher will be atop the USWA for decades to come. As well as inheriting every ounce of crowd-working ability his father possessed, Christopher has developed a 1990's ring style. With his cocky babyface role he is reminiscent of the 1994 model Shawn Michaels, with astounding charisma. The merest hint of a superkick had us all shouting ourselves stupid.

I can't decide if this is Lister being ironic or just really, really way out with a prediction :laugh:

I know - at the time it wouldn't have seemed a stupid thing to say, predicting great things for the lad. Just such a difference to how it turned out.

This thread got me re-reading the book the other day for the commute to/from work - great read and one of my favourite wrestling books, there should certainly be a sequel! Loving the Rock stuff which probably seems daft to newer fans but really was the prevalant opinion at the time!

• Paid Members

"John, just a thought. Why is the car-park empty?"

And why were the doors locked?

One of my favourite bits, in a dark 'laugh at your shit time' perspective. I was wondering, at what point did you think about getting the trip and memoirs published?

• Paid Members

I'd always planned to write it up as a fanzine (and pitch it for a PowerSlam article), having already done one when I went to ECW the previous summer. Reprinting it as part of a book came about in 2005 because I had time on my hands, read about print-on-demand publishing and thought it would be a good way to try it out before writing a book from scratch.

I don't think Kevin Lawler was doing anything on the Memphis circuit either time I saw it.

• Paid Members

There sure is. If you've got a car to get there and the cash to pay for it...

Funnily enough, I just found a little box of stats in the original report that I missed off when copying it across into the book. In two weeks, we had five meals that weren't some form of burger/something on toast.

Incidentally, you're foreshadowing a comment that appears in a couple of days...

Archived